While possible, it's simply not probable.

" SEE THE EFFECTS of said existence."

AllB, like what?

btw, gravity can be measured=your theory is shit

I don't know what you're trying to say, but I take it that it's something to the effect of: I have no proof, therefore I will try to say as little as possible.

One of the first threads I started when I joined here over a year ago was whether or not it's possible to be an atheist without also being arrogant and condescending about it. The point was debated vigorously and I distinctly recall the rebuttal most often offered by atheists was that bible thumpers are equally arrogant and condescending which, of course, is no rebuttal at all. After observing the behavior of USMB's acknowledged atheists over the past year I can safely conclude that yes, it is possible. But so highly improbable as to make the sliver of possibility entirely moot.

My thanks to everyone for clearing up his vitally important matter.

What sample are you basing this assumption on? I have a buddy that works in the complaint department for a company and he tells me that every christian he comes in contact with is a whiny bitchy asshole. Might you be arriving at a false conclusion the way he did?

What sample are you basing this assumption on? I have a buddy that works in the complaint department for a company and he tells me that every christian he comes in contact with is a whiny bitchy asshole. Might you be arriving at a false conclusion the way he did?

In general, maybe but not likely. Where you're concerned, no e'ffn way! :lol:

The formats of a board like this promote discussion and that leads to some people feeling that others are trying to push their beliefs on others

Aren't most people on here interested in convincing/converting others to their causes and position?
No, just some; and then some only want their views to have a reasonable airing and be heard without great argument. A friendly discourse is of greater value than winning "converts".

"Myself when young did eagerly frequent
Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument
About it and about: but evermore
Came out by the same Door as in I went.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

xxvii & li rubaiyat

New Topics

Forum List

Back