While Patiently-Waiting For Bush Tax-Cuts To DIE...

LOL!

The fact that you can't fathom that cutting taxes can stir business and that from the increased business revenues even the smaller tax rate can raise more money for the government comes as no surprise at all.
.....Mostly because that's bullshit.

I prefer an option that (actually) WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some columnists claim that tax receipts are now a bigger share of the economy than ever before, presumably the result of tax increases enacted in 1993. As a result, they say, federal taxes and especially federal income taxes should be cut. But, the claim is false.

No. It's not bullshit. It is the only economic theory that consistently works, in fact.
Yeah, it reeeeaaaalllly worked, from 2000 thru 2008!!!!

241.png

That's part of the answer, but to say tax increases improved the economy is beyond stupid.
Yeah....using increased tax-receipts to pay-down the Debt....which lowers interest-rates....is a real-tragedy, Skippy.

:rolleyes:

Nobody is disputing that. However, raising tax rates is always a drain on the economy. You would think that would be a simple concept for most people to understand, but obviously it is not.
Ya' can't argue THAT....especially (with the psychics) within the "conservative"-community!!!

"Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:​

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." - Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit." - Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up." - Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower." - Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction." - Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)

Yeah....using increased tax-receipts to pay-down the Debt....which lowers interest-rates....is a real-tragedy, Skippy.

Nobody is disputing that. However, raising tax rates is always a drain on the economy. You would think that would be a simple concept for most people to understand, but obviously it is not.
Ya' can't argue THAT....especially (with the psychics) within the "conservative"-community!!!

"Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:​

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." - Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit." - Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up." - Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower." - Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction." - Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)

:lol: You can't refute a basic economic fact, so you attempt to use diversionary tactics in the hopes that by posting enough BS people will not see your ignorance. :eusa_hand: Sorry. You're still hopelessly ignorant and everyone sees it.

(BTW, where you went wrong is that you assumed that I'm a Republican/Conservative. BUSTED!)

Last edited:
Pirates are causing global warming?
SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(These are the same loonies who insist....the more we pack-into the 1%ers' pockets....the more that'll spill-out for everyone else. :rolleyes: It's best not to upset them. They go to War...a lot.)

Last edited:
The wealthiest always know how to make more through tax manipulation, that's why. The lower the income, the fewer tax benefits. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

Everything's temporary!

Things CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

change.jpg

Oh wow...

Change has come hasn't it?

I mean seriously, He's like Bush III, that's some real change right there.

:eusa_eh:

Yeah....everyone remembers how Bush II sic'd the IRS onto the 1%ers & UBS.

I'm kind of curious why some people in this society want all the rights to make money but deny the same right to other people simply because they have more.

The wealthiest always know how to make more through tax manipulation, that's why. The lower the income, the fewer tax benefits. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

I always thought successful companies do it by making a good business to make money by selling better products. Perhaps that is just tax code manipulation but wouldn't it be great to eliminate that tax code manipulation by creating a low flat rate tax? No manipulation would be possible that the rich wouldn't be getting any richer since that is the only way they make money.

The only way a flat tax would work is if there are no exceptions, which would virtually make it the shortest law in history.

ALL PERSONAL INCOME, REGARDLESS OF SOURCE, SHALL BE TAXED AT 10% OF GROSS.

Pirates are causing global warming?
SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(These are the same loonies who insist....the more we pack-into the 1%ers' pockets....the more that'll spill-out for everyone else. :rolleyes: It's best not to upset them. They go to War...a lot.)

I might, just might, start taking you seriously once you stop treating the font like a color-by-numbers project.

:lol: You can't refute a basic economic fact, so you attempt to use diversionary tactics.....
Ah, yes.....diversionary tactics....what "conservatives" consider documented-facts & videos.....right after being BUSTED!!!!!!!

529.gif

The only way a flat tax would work is if there are no exceptions, which would virtually make it the shortest law in history.

Sounds good to me. Complexity leads to corruption, imo.

I always thought successful companies do it by making a good business to make money by selling better products. Perhaps that is just tax code manipulation but wouldn't it be great to eliminate that tax code manipulation by creating a low flat rate tax? No manipulation would be possible that the rich wouldn't be getting any richer since that is the only way they make money.

I could buy-into-that; ALL income.....direct AND indirect.

:clap2:

(....As-long-as no one, in the Bush Family is keepin'-the-books.)​

Last edited:
With the elimination of all other federal taxes: SS, Medicare, excise.

One tax which lets everyone see the total cost of the government they are supporting.

We'd also need equal reform at the state and local levels.

:lol: You can't refute a basic economic fact, so you attempt to use diversionary tactics.....
Ah, yes.....diversionary tactics....what "conservatives" consider documented-facts & videos.....right after being BUSTED!!!!!!!

529.gif

My apologies. At first I thought you were a troll. Then I wasn't so sure. Now you've proven that you are a top-notch troll.

I bow to your trolliness! :clap2:

Keep on trollin'!!!!!

Why are you laughing?

Brazil GDP Growth Rate

The only concern is that Brazil's economy is growing too fast.
Not a prob!

Most people/countries finally "get" economic-issues....well...except for George Bush....and, Brazil will more-than-likely increase their interest-rates, to fore-stall any dramatic-changes in their economy.​

How did tax cuts actually harm the economy? Explain the mechanics instead of anger-chanting george bush.

Mainly because the BA didn't cut spending as well. This is a fairly new (I think) website and discusses your money in lay terms (it leans conservative, just in case anyone immediately dis's it because I link it).

Extend The Bush Tax Cuts? I Say No | Weakonomi¢s

Then there's the expected trickle down effect which also didn't work. Companies with windfalls due to tax cuts invested overseas instead of their own companies.

With the elimination of all other federal taxes: SS, Medicare, excise.

One tax which lets everyone see the total cost of the government they are supporting.

We'd also need equal reform at the state and local levels.

States would need to tax, like sales and property taxes. It's their only "income" after all, unless all services, including infrastructure, came directly from the federal government. See? problems already. A great idea, but is a flat tax really workable?

Forum List

Back