While Mitt Romney was lying about Jeep moving to China...

Chrysler has over 55,000 employees.

I have a novel idea.

Hows about those 55,000 employees make a product that people actually want to BUY?

I guess the fact that they are expanding production to meet increased demand kind of went over your head, somehow??

Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia and president of the Jeep brand, told Bloomberg, "We're reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity" as well as "should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio" to China.

That's where the 'lie' came from. So, not a lie... since it sure sounds like they were considering a move to China.

You need to be less of a hack when considering your accusations.

Iraq? Your empty head can't stay on a subject for more than a nanosecond. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, look....we spent $1B on that aircraft carrier so let's go "lose" $1.3B on 1,100 auto union jobs. :cuckoo:

Dumbfuck... in late 2011, the US Treasury said it lost $1.3 BILLION from the Chrysler bailiout.

Maybe you should go call them liars, since they aren't following your lies.

Taxpayers lose $1.3 billion as govt. exits Chrysler - Jul. 21, 2011

The government sold its stake in Chrysler in August. This is October.

Quit it, we spent a trillion dollars to kill a few hundred thousand Iraqis, money well spent to republicans. I am back to my original assertion that American jobs are nothing republicans would lift a finger to save.

I think it's funny that - as always - the idiot OP decides Romney was 'lying' about it when it was the media who ran the story... and rightly so, considering how the CEO of Chrysler phrased his comment about Jeep.

Hyperbolic bullshit is soooo much better than rational thought - to idiots.

So your defense of Romney is that he didn't lie because he was only repeating something that he read or heard in the rightwing media that happened to be untrue?

lol, isn't that your standard attack on people? That they are idiots for believing something they read in the media, without researching it themselves?

So Romney is an idiot, in your opinion. Yeah, that was the point of the thread. Thanks for agreeing.

Debating liberals is a waste of time, they are just psycho and don't know it.

The solace in this is that they will burn in hell someday....

Chrysler has over 55,000 employees.

I have a novel idea.

Hows about those 55,000 employees make a product that people actually want to BUY?

I guess the fact that they are expanding production to meet increased demand kind of went over your head, somehow??
It's definitely over my head, that "increased demand" could = the need for a bailout.

I guess in the libtard bizarro world, that makes sense.

The reason they needed the bailout is because they cannot sell enough Jeeps to pay all those gold-plated benefits packages they're now on the hook to pay out. They are going broke, not because of their current workforce, but because of PAST employees.

This is all about about preserving the lavish retirements of all those poor poor victimized union workers making 90K a year for 30 hours a week... and catering to the union voting bloc which includes public employee unions.

Nobody feels sorry for those guys any more. The gig is up.

Iraq? Your empty head can't stay on a subject for more than a nanosecond. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, look....we spent $1B on that aircraft carrier so let's go "lose" $1.3B on 1,100 auto union jobs. :cuckoo:

Dumbfuck... in late 2011, the US Treasury said it lost $1.3 BILLION from the Chrysler bailiout.

Maybe you should go call them liars, since they aren't following your lies.

Taxpayers lose $1.3 billion as govt. exits Chrysler - Jul. 21, 2011

Quit it, we spent a trillion dollars to kill a few hundred thousand Iraqis, money well spent to republicans. I am back to my original assertion that American jobs are nothing republicans would lift a finger to save.

It's an illustration of how misplaced republican priorities are, they have plenty of money to kill foreigners but not a dime to keep hundreds of thousands of Americans from losing their jobs.

I think it's funny that - as always - the idiot OP decides Romney was 'lying' about it when it was the media who ran the story... and rightly so, considering how the CEO of Chrysler phrased his comment about Jeep.

So your defense of Romney is that he didn't lie because he was only repeating something that he read or heard in the rightwing media that happened to be untrue?

lol, isn't that your standard attack on people? That they are idiots for believing something they read in the media, without researching it themselves?

So Romney is an idiot, in your opinion. Yeah, that was the point of the thread. Thanks for agreeing.

I'm not 'defending' anyone or anything. I don't form opinions until I've researched the topic and I haven't researched this... other than to investigate what led Romney to his comment. And I just posted that... the quote from the actual CEO who gave the interview to Bloomberg.

See how that works? I'm not using a half truth... I went and found the original interview that led to Romney's comment.... unlike you - who just regurgitates whatever crap suits your hysterical hyperbole.

Debating liberals is a waste of time, they are just psycho and don't know it.

The solace in this is that they will burn in hell someday....

(The solace in this is that you might burn in hell someday)..... What up! You can't wait to get back home.

let CG's backpedaling commence :popcorn: She criticized me once for including a link in a thread I started stating that using sources was a cop-out . :wtf:

Last edited:
i think it's funny that - as always - the idiot op decides romney was 'lying' about it when it was the media who ran the story... And rightly so, considering how the ceo of chrysler phrased his comment about jeep.

so your defense of romney is that he didn't lie because he was only repeating something that he read or heard in the rightwing media that happened to be untrue?

Lol, isn't that your standard attack on people? That they are idiots for believing something they read in the media, without researching it themselves?

So romney is an idiot, in your opinion. Yeah, that was the point of the thread. Thanks for agreeing.

i'm not 'defending' anyone or anything. I don't form opinions until i've researched the topic and i haven't researched this... Other than to investigate what led romney to his comment. And i just posted that... The quote from the actual ceo who gave the interview to bloomberg.

See how that works? I'm not using a half truth... I went and found the original interview that led to romney's comment.... Unlike you - who just regurgitates whatever crap suits your hysterical hyperbole.
ka-freaking-bam

let CG's backpedaling commence :popcorn: She criticized me once for including a link in a thread I started stating that using sources was a cop-out . :wtf:

I've already replied... and I'm not 'backpedaling'. I quoted the CEO - that ain't backpedaling... that's pedaling facts.

I have a novel idea.

Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia and president of the Jeep brand, told Bloomberg, "We're reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity" as well as "should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio" to China.

That's where the 'lie' came from. So, not a lie... since it sure sounds like they were considering a move to China.

No, this is what the truth was, from Bloomberg, that you conveniently ignore:

"Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China."

See? A direct and specific statement that Jeep was NOT SHIFTING PRODUCTION TO CHINA.

That's the fact. Now here is how the LIE got going, the LIE that Romney repeated:

From the Washington Examiner, a rightwing hack site:

"Well it appears that the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler is looking back and now considering cutting costs by shifting production of all Jeeps to China, which has a strong desire for Jeeps."

See what the rightwing propaganda site did? They took an explicit reference to NOT SHIFTING production and turned it into a reference to SHIFTING production.

and the examiner article links to the Bloomberg article, ironically.

If you had done some proper research, you'd have known that, and not made a fool of yourself.

LINKS:

Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China | WashingtonExaminer.com

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises - Bloomberg

I've already replied... and I'm not 'backpedaling'. I quoted the CEO - that ain't backpedaling... that's pedaling facts.

OOPS, you just got schooled in post 53. Enjoy.

I'm not 'defending' anyone or anything. I don't form opinions until I've researched the topic and I haven't researched this... other than to investigate what led Romney to his comment. And I just posted that... the quote from the actual CEO who gave the interview to Bloomberg.

See how that works? I'm not using a half truth... I went and found the original interview that led to Romney's comment.... unlike you - who just regurgitates whatever crap suits your hysterical hyperbole.

Half truth is EXACTLY what you used, and it wasn't even half truth. You misinterpreted part of what the CEO said, and ignored the part that clarified what he said.

See how THAT works?

"Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China."

See? A direct and specific statement that Jeep was NOT SHIFTING PRODUCTION TO CHINA.

That's the fact. Now here is how the LIE got going, the LIE that Romney repeated:

"Well it appears that the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler is looking back and now considering cutting costs by shifting production of all Jeeps to China, which has a strong desire for Jeeps."

See what the rightwing propaganda site did? They took an explicit reference to NOT SHIFTING production and turned it into a reference to SHIFTING production.

If you had done some proper research, you'd have known that, and not made a fool of yourself.

LINKS:

Jeep, an Obama favorite, looks to shift production to China | WashingtonExaminer.com

Here's my issue.... you're claiming Romney 'lied'.... Romney is not the Washington Examiner. They may have lied... Romney didn't.

I don't read the Washington Examiner... I don't read hack sites - on either side, as a general rule. I find it preferable to find out for myself - that way I avoid being a fucking moron... you should try it.

Half truth is EXACTLY what you used, and it wasn't even half truth. You misinterpreted part of what the CEO said, and ignored the part that clarified what he said.

See how THAT works?

I didn't misinterpret anything... I quoted the sentence. This is exactly why I constantly ask for 'context'.... because context is important. One has to look at the entirety of what was said. Anyone - left or right - can take a sentence and spin it to suit.

What I find funny is that you - finally - are actually arguing what I have argued - and been slammed for - time and again on this board. Context.

Prat.

I researched this YESTERDAY when I was proving the idiots wrong, the idiots you're now trying to defend.

The CEO never said any production was shifting to China. That was a total fabrication, and you bought it because you liked it.

What lying? Just because you didn't find it in (tax exempt) Media Matters or Huffington it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Jeep spokesman Michael Manley said they were moving production to China. While the slobbering liberal media wasn't looking, another "green" factory went under. Thanks to president Hussein's wacky priorities "Abound Solar Panels" was guaranteed a $400 million federal taxpayer loan. Lucky for us they only got to spend $68 million of it before they went under and scattered like rats.

LINKS:

Here's my issue.... you're claiming Romney 'lied'.... Romney is not the Washington Examiner. They may have lied... Romney didn't.

I don't read the Washington Examiner... I don't read hack sites - on either side, as a general rule. I find it preferable to find out for myself - that way I avoid being a fucking moron... you should try it.

You just made a colossal fool of yourself.

Now acknowledge for starters that the Bloomberg article, which you claim PROVES Chrysler is moving out of the US to China,

said no such thing.

And then show me where Romney has acknowledged that what he said wasn't true, it's been a couple days, and the truth is well established...

...THEN I will acknowledge that Romney is no longer lying.

Forum List

Back