Which would you rather have...............

Because Mr. Nick, it's hard for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Or.......did you miss the reference?

Actually, as you would know... if you understood what the bible says... it is not so much 'hard' because of the money - it is 'hard' if rich people covet their wealth over their relationship with God and their duty to their fellow man. Taking one line from the bible to justify a belief is as stupid as taking one sentence from a politician. Context, GayBiker, context.

Cali has it.

Its ok to be rich or wealthy as long as you use your wealth/riches/good fortune to positively help those around you.

That passage doesn't say that you can't be wealthy if you want to get into heaven like Biker is trying to misrepresent it to say.

If that's true, then why did the rich man turn away disappointed and sad when Yeshua told him that if he wanted to follow Him, he should give away all he has?

Actually, as you would know... if you understood what the bible says... it is not so much 'hard' because of the money - it is 'hard' if rich people covet their wealth over their relationship with God and their duty to their fellow man. Taking one line from the bible to justify a belief is as stupid as taking one sentence from a politician. Context, GayBiker, context.

Cali has it.

Its ok to be rich or wealthy as long as you use your wealth/riches/good fortune to positively help those around you.

That passage doesn't say that you can't be wealthy if you want to get into heaven like Biker is trying to misrepresent it to say.

If that's true, then why did the rich man turn away disappointed and sad when Yeshua told him that if he wanted to follow Him, he should give away all he has?

That rich man was greedy and did not want to use his wealth to help those around him who were less fortunate, that is why he turned away disappointed and sad.

Cali has it.

You provided one bible passage to suggest that the rich are ungodly. I provided several that show how wealthy people can be Godly. Butthurt about facts does not change the facts. You really just want to justify being a lazy assed stoner.... that's not 'Godly'. Working, helping your fellow man, those are Godly.

You lose. Again. Should be a familiar feeling for you.

Cali has it.

That rich man was greedy and did not want to use his wealth to help those around him who were less fortunate, that is why he turned away disappointed and sad.

Actually, the whole reason that I think Yeshua stated what He did about the rich is that the rich aren't focused on looking for the Image of God, or even seeking Him out, as they are too interested in growing their fortunes, and they generally don't have time for their fellow humans.

Matter of fact, you can see that today in some places, as there are quite a few rich people who aren't really interested or concerned about the poor.

They're all in a "what about me" mentality.

Matthew 19:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 19:24,Matthew 21:31,Mark 9:47,Mark 10:14,John 3:5 NASB - Again I say to you it is easier for a - Bible Gateway

Okay.........so now we know how Yeshua felt about it, as well as have various places in the Bible where it shows how God took a personal interest in certain people because of their faith and trust in Him, so which would you rather have.............

A) You would have a connection to God much like Jacob and Abraham did, but you'd never make more than 20,000/year.

OR

B) You would be fabulously wealthy and rich, but you'd also be an atheist.

Which would you rather have?

question to help clarify my decision: could I still get a blowjob either way...?

Matthew 19:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 19:24,Matthew 21:31,Mark 9:47,Mark 10:14,John 3:5 NASB - Again I say to you it is easier for a - Bible Gateway

Okay.........so now we know how Yeshua felt about it, as well as have various places in the Bible where it shows how God took a personal interest in certain people because of their faith and trust in Him, so which would you rather have.............

A) You would have a connection to God much like Jacob and Abraham did, but you'd never make more than 20,000/year.

OR

question to help clarify my decision: could I still get a blowjob either way...?

As long as you weren't committing adultery when you do it.

OR

well, since you're getting all biblical on me and bringing up adultery, isn't oral sex considered sodomy in any case...?

well, since you're getting all biblical on me and bringing up adultery, isn't oral sex considered sodomy in any case...?

Depends on who you ask. Me personally? I don't think something is a "sin" unless it goes against the 7 Noahide Commandments or the 10 Commandments, as both basically say the same thing.

The seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud are[7]
1.Prohibition of Idolatry
2.Prohibition of Murder
3.Prohibition of Theft
4.Prohibition of Sexual immorality
5.Prohibition of Blasphemy
6.Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
7.Establishment of courts of law

Seven Laws of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)

1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6“You shall not murder.

7“You shall not commit adultery.

8“You shall not steal.

9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Bible list of the Ten Commandments

It's just that God expanded on the 7 Noahide Commandments (the ones He gave to Noah) when He handed them to Moses, to give the Hebrews a better understanding.

Because Mr. Nick, it's hard for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Or.......did you miss the reference?

So in your world lack of money buys you eternal happiness?

What if I won powerball tomorrow?

Did I win my way into hell??

Cali has it.

Using your logic you shouldn't even be here considering you should have given your computer away LONG ago....

Hey, fuck this shit... I'll hava Bud! with a wickey chaser.. Thanks

Budweiser-Horses.jpg

Forum List

Back