Which would beat a quicker path to obliteration?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Which would beat a quicker path to obliteration, implementation of extreme right-wing ideology or the implementation of extreme left-wing ideology? And why?

Discuss

• Banned
I actually thought it would be an interesting topic when I came up with it.

They can't all be winners. *shrug*

I actually thought it would be an interesting topic when I came up with it.

They can't all be winners. *shrug*

Actually, it probably will once one person buckles down and gives a serious answer. Which won't be me, despite the fact that it IS a good question.

• Banned
Perhaps it helps to think of it in the context of the extremists among us. Which would be worse, if Pubes got to set policy or if Turdsplatters got to? :eusa_think:

Perhaps it helps to think of it in the context of the extremists among us. Which would be worse, if Pubes got to set policy or if Turdsplatters got to? :eusa_think:

Horse apiece. Either would be dead within 30 seconds.

What is the extreme right ideology and what is the extreme left ideology.

If we are talking about the extreme religious right...that ideology has already been attempted here in the United States, we have simply moved away from it. It not only did not lead to obliteration but instead lead to superpowerdom (is that a word? Spellcheck says no).

If the extreme left ideology is communism, that has been tried as well in the Soviet Union, where it failed (thru no fault of pure communism, as the soviet communism was twisted into dictatorship), but did not lead to obliteration either.

Last edited:
Depends on external factors.

In the face of an economic collapse or a natural disaster, Conservative policies would lead to a collapse in about 30 minutes, give or take 30 minutes. Everyone loves to talk personal responsibility and self sufficiency until a class 5 kill storm is barrelling down on your burg, and then folks want action. It plays out the same way when the economy collapses... which happens in a cyclic fashion without regulation.

In a peaceful environment, the more liberal policies fail. No one wants big government around when things are going well.

both would end at about the same rate, but one would be the people's fault and the other the governments

Extreme right-wing ideology is a mix of Corporate Oligarchy and Anarchy.

It would be a society where the only rules that would be implemented are rules to protect the rights of corporations, other than that, anything goes.

How would you implement that?

On further thought, one path would not be as obvious to the People and totalitarian reign would be well-established before the People realized how dangerous it is - left wing radicalism. In right wing radicalism, the People would feel the oppression almost immediately.

Either will lead to totalitarian rule then likely subsequent revolution, which is not a bad idea at all in that sort of situation. I don't think there would be obliteration, just large societal perturbations with equilibrating societal reactions and much associated violence.

On further thought, one path would not be as obvious to the People and totalitarian reign would be well-established before the People realized how dangerous it is - left wing radicalism. In right wing radicalism, the People would feel the oppression almost immediately.

Either will lead to totalitarian rule then likely subsequent revolution, which is not a bad idea at all in that sort of situation. I don't think there would be obliteration, just large societal perturbations with equilibrating societal reactions and much associated violence.

True, if one sticks to the old-school interpretations of "left-wing" and "right-wing", though people who claim to be "right-wing" these days seem to categorize themselves as "libertarians" (or Anarchists when radicals) or "Free Marketists" (AKA Corporate Oligarchists).

True, if one sticks to the old-school interpretations of "left-wing" and "right-wing", though people who claim to be "right-wing" these days seem to categorize themselves as "libertarians" (or Anarchists when radicals) or "Free Marketists" (AKA Corporate Oligarchists).
Too true. These terms are so mushy. More reason for reasoned discourse among all of us to understand the views of another. Their idea of a term they use to describe themselves may have different meaning than how we view that term. Then incorrect pigeon-holing may happen and just piss off both participants.

Good point, Vast.

Forum List

Back