Which Way Do You Lean?

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
In reading a recent introduction and some replies (Kathianne!) - thought this might be a fun topic - I look forward to some of the responses.

I lean about 45 degrees to the right. I feel I am pretty conservative on most issues, although I do have a soft spot the TRULY down trodden. I think government is too large and beyond their original scope. Government should be about giving a person a hand up, not a hand out and should generally let us tend to our own affairs.

I do not classify myself as a Republican. Today's Republicans are basically the Democrats of 25 or 30 years ago.

Anyway - let the fur fly!

HGROKIT said:
In reading a recent introduction and some replies (Kathianne!) - thought this might be a fun topic - I look forward to some of the responses.

I lean about 45 degrees to the right. I feel I am pretty conservative on most issues, although I do have a soft spot the TRULY down trodden. I think government is too large and beyond their original scope. Government should be about giving a person a hand up, not a hand out and should generally let us tend to our own affairs.

I do not classify myself as a Republican. Today's Republicans are basically the Democrats of 25 or 30 years ago.

Anyway - let the fur fly!

I'll take up the challenge! I'm afraid my math is pretty crummy, so no degrees. I'm pretty 'right' on most issues, though do have the same ideas about giving a 'hand up', though prefer to see this from community, rather than gov't.

Fmr jarhead said:
This si a pretty good test to determine where you come down....

Designed to see how much of a libertarian you are: http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi/purity.cgi

Try it, you'll like it!

For reference, I have scored in the 50's in the past, most recently 37.

I scored a 56! My friends want me to STFU! :funnyface

Kathianne said:
I scored a 56! My friends want me to STFU! :funnyface

I scored 91. Didn't know I was that much of a libertarian.
91-130 points: You have entered the heady realm of hard-core libertarianism. Now doesn't that make you feel worse that you didn't get a perfect score?

freeandfun1 said:
I scored 91. Didn't know I was that much of a libertarian.

O! Free, who would have thought? :shocked:

34 points: Your libertarian credentials are obvious. Doubtlessly you will become more extreme as time goes on.

This is fairly accurate. I define myself as a libertarian-leaning Republican, and while I answered many of the 1-point questions yes, I answered very few of the 3/5 pointers yes.

OCA said:
Uhhhh I also scored 56, what the hell does this mean? We are perfect for each other?

Rut roh..... do I see something in the "making"?

:dunno:

:beer:

:cheers2:

:kiss2:

:69:

freeandfun1 said:
Rut roh..... do I see something in the "making"?

:dunno:

:69:

Worse things to base a relationship on, but his wife might have a problem with it! :banana2:

Kathianne said:
Worse things to base a relationship on, but his wife might have a problem with it! :banana2:

Heck with my wife, its my mom we have to worry about she says I can't date Catholics! LMFAO! Hehehe

OCA said:
Heck with my wife, its my mom we have to worry about she says I can't date Catholics! LMFAO! Hehehe
tell your mom I'm dangerous! :chains: :terror: :flameth:

Forum List

Back