Which US President is...

No idea what you are talking about comrade

About president, who hated criminals, corrupt officials and so on, and tried to stop a crimes by all means

Well you may have your answer -- no one can think of any. ;)

Grant comes to mind because he fought the KKK, although tepidly -- but he had his own corruption scandals.

Maybe Washington, on the basis that he had no political party. That's one way of avoiding corruption all by itself.

About president, who hated criminals, corrupt officials and so on, and tried to stop a crimes by all means

Grant comes to mind because he fought the KKK, although tepidly -- but he had his own corruption scandals.

Maybe Washington, on the basis that he had no political party. That's one way of avoiding corruption all by itself.

Hmm... I decided to ask this question in association with Stalin, which discussed in another topic. There are several different points of view, who was Stalin (dictator, maniac, leader and so on), but common people in Russia - it's a fact! - usually remember him as symbol of Law, inevitable and the same for all. I understood it, just thinking, why common people despite of official waves of "struggle against cult of Stalin" and "de-Stalinization" demonstratively "LIKE" him.

It's a new discovery, in fact. Answer for the question "how do you like Stalin" for all Russians is the same, as answer for the question "How do you really lawful" :))

I should publish this fact in Russian net segment too... :))))))

Hmm... I decided to ask this question in association with Stalin, which discussed in another topic. There are several different points of view, who was Stalin (dictator, maniac, leader and so on), but common people in Russia - it's a fact! - usually remember him as symbol of Law, inevitable and the same for all. I understood it, just thinking, why common people despite of official waves of "struggle against cult of Stalin" and "de-Stalinization" demonstratively "LIKE" him.

It's a new discovery, in fact. Answer for the question "how do you like Stalin" for all Russians is the same, as answer for the question "How do you really lawful" :))

So you want to know who was a "law and order" President?

Hard to say -- several have campaigned as such, including Rump, including Nixon, but that's usually demagoguery appealing to emotion when either there is chaos going on (Nixon) or when the perception is sold that there's chaos going on (Rump). Once elected, none of them really are in a position to become a tyrant. Even though many do abuse one Constitutional liberty or another (Alien and Sedition Acts (Adams), Japanese internment (FDR), drug testing in the workplace (H.W. Bush), PATRIOT Act (G. W. Bush), Muslim travel ban (Rump)). Usually the job of Congress and the Courts is to curb those abuses when they happen. Obviously they don't always do that.

It's very interesting - who was the most terrific president in US for the US crimes?
What do you mean Sbiker with "for the US crimes"? You mean crimes against his own people or crimes against others? :)

I've lost a half of word :) Offcourse, for the criminals. When people want to say "that's enough of crimes and corruption around me" - which symbol they use to it?

So you want to know who was a "law and order" President?

Hard to say -- several have campaigned as such, including Rump, including Nixon, but that's usually demagoguery appealing to emotion when either there is chaos going on (Nixon) or when the perception is sold that there's chaos going on (Rump). Once elected, none of them really are in a position to become a tyrant. Even though many do abuse one Constitutional liberty or another (Alien and Sedition Acts (Adams), Japanese internment (FDR), drug testing in the workplace (H.W. Bush), PATRIOT Act (G. W. Bush), Muslim travel ban (Rump)). Usually the job of Congress and the Courts is to curb those abuses when they happen. Obviously they don't always do that.

Who was a symbol of "law and order", maybe, instead of real history... Just trying to find analogue...

It's very interesting - who was the most terrific president in US for the US crimes?
What do you mean Sbiker with "for the US crimes"? You mean crimes against his own people or crimes against others? :)

I've lost a half of word :) Offcourse, for the criminals. When people want to say "that's enough of crimes and corruption around me" - which symbol they use to it?
Sometimes (no many times :biggrin:) I miss words too Sbiker :)
Well I have heard one of the toughest US president was John F. Kennedy. It seems that he fought organized crime and "simple" criminals so much ;)

My money is on Teddy for busting up the robber barons.

We could use somebody like him today.

Good point. See, we found a point of agreement. :beer:

Maybe not really the theme of "law and order" that the OP was looking for methinks, which is more street-level blue-collar everyman stuff than going after upper-caste power channels, but TR did some fine work in that latter direction.

Unfortunately his party was switching constituencies at the time and was headed in the opposite direction, hence the rift with Taft and the ensuing three-way election that sent Wilson to the White House. I suspect TR would have worked out better, both for his party and the nation.

Sometimes (no many times :biggrin:) I miss words too Sbiker :)
Well I have heard one of the toughest US president was John F. Kennedy. It seems that he fought organized crime and "simple" criminals so much ;)

Your English is outstanding. :thup:

Forum List

Back