Which unions did Scott leave "untouched"? Why?

R

rdean

The exemption could create jealousy among government workers upset they must suffer while police, firefighters and state troopers go on as if nothing has changed, Marquette’s Secunda said. That might be what Walker wants, he said; private sector managers have traditionally tried to weaken unions’ clout by dividing workers into camps.

Exemptions for police, fire fighters in Walker budget bill sparks questions of political payback | The Oshkosh Northwestern | thenorthwestern.com

We know the real reason. Someone has to pepper spray the crowd.

It starts like this. Certain elements of the populace are singled out for preferential treatment. Sure some people do put their lives in jeopardy every day and should be given respect but will it become a society where the ones who wear uniforms are a special class of untouchables. And in a society that has a special class does it infringe upon the average citizens freedom? In this case the safety and security of the citizenry is the justification but where does it lead?

It starts like this. Certain elements of the populace are singled out for preferential treatment. Sure some people do put their lives in jeopardy every day and should be given respect but will it become a society where the ones who wear uniforms are a special class of untouchables. And in a society that has a special class does it infringe upon the average citizens freedom? In this case the safety and security of the citizenry is the justification but where does it lead?

They don't feel that way about the soldiers. Tom Coburn wants to cut veterans health care. Remember the first responders? McCain said if you give soldiers too many benefits, they won't stay in the military.

Republicans don't just screw over anyone not rich, but they seem to go after those they use as "cards" for political gain.

Why didn't Scott touch these unions?

Because those unions supported him in the last election. Of course, it's just a figleaf. Once they kill the other unions, they'll cut the police and firefighters as well.

Why are certain companies exempt from Obamacare?

Big difference between getting a special kickback like Walker is giving to the police and firefighter in Wisconsin and applying for a waiver than any company that meets the qualifications is eligible for and even then it's only temporary.

Why are certain companies exempt from Obamacare?

Big difference between getting a special kickback like Walker is giving to the police and firefighter in Wisconsin and applying for a waiver than any company that meets the qualifications is eligible for and even then it's only temporary.

Waiver = "special kickback".

Do the math.

Except the two are not analogous. Walker is saying "I'm cutting everything, but since you're my buddies, you don't have to take cuts". The waiver is like saying "I'm cutting everything, but you don't have to take cuts if you meet certain conditions". Since the certain condition isn't "you're one of my buddies" or anything that has that constructive effect, it's not a parallel situation.

Forum List

Back