Which tax would generate more tax revenue?

What would generate more tax revenue? Fair Tax or consumption tax?

• Flat tax

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Consumption tax

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

The inheritance tax, if we were honest about taxing the shit out of the estates of dead people. Trust fund babies contribute so little they should be taxed to death -- then we'd get to tax them again.
Let me get this straight... A man earns money all his life, raises a family, pays his obligations and manages to put some of what's left after taxes in the bank. For the rest of his life, he pays taxes on the interest earned and when he dies, you want half to spread around to people who sat on their asses their whole lives, abandoned their children, shirked their responsibilities paid no income tax and never managed to save a dime.

Do I have that right?

The inheritance tax, if we were honest about taxing the shit out of the estates of dead people. Trust fund babies contribute so little they should be taxed to death -- then we'd get to tax them again.
Let me get this straight... A man earns money all his life, raises a family, pays his obligations and manages to put some of what's left after taxes in the bank. For the rest of his life, he pays taxes on the interest earned and when he dies, you want half to spread around to people who sat on their asses their whole lives, abandoned their children, shirked their responsibilities paid no income tax and never managed to save a dime.

Do I have that right?
most wealthy people do NOT earn their money. Earned Wages?

we have 18 trillion in debt and which tax would get us out of it quicker that's easy and fair?
How about we spend one trillion less than what we take in each year. In 20 years the problem is solved.

why only 1 trillion? What if we had an extra 2 trillion by having a new tax code? Oh! The possibilities.
Raising taxes always has such a great effect on the economy... Tell you what. Go run for office in France and try out taxing their citizens enough to raise revenue by 50%. Come back in 10 years and let me know how you made out, that is if there is any economy left at all in 10 years.

How about we run the country like we would run out own lives? We don't buy shit we can't pay for.

we have 18 trillion in debt and which tax would get us out of it quicker that's easy and fair?
How about we spend one trillion less than what we take in each year. In 20 years the problem is solved.

why only 1 trillion? What if we had an extra 2 trillion by having a new tax code? Oh! The possibilities.
Raising taxes always has such a great effect on the economy... Tell you what. Go run for office in France and try out taxing their citizens enough to raise revenue by 50%. Come back in 10 years and let me know how you made out, that is if there is any economy left at all in 10 years.

How about we run the country like we would run out own lives? We don't buy shit we can't pay for.

I'm not saying raising taxes. I'm saying get everybody skin in the game and abolish the IRS, with a simple tax code.

Forum List

Back