Which side do you come down on

I side with

• Total voters
he may not be a native texan but you imbeciles elected him governor.:lol::lol:

houston is a small 1 horse town compared to where i live, and if you would just start doing that thinking thing i have been telling you about i think you might be able to figure out where i live without me having to tell you.:lol:

And you embiciles elected him as president.

Where i live is a one-horse town. Bonney, Texas population 346

It doesn't matter where you live, if it's not Texas then it's a shithole!

You people sure do talk (and sing) about how 'wonderful' Tejas is. Who exactly are you trying to convince? And why haven't you all seceded yet?
I can't blame them for not seceding when they always have a shitload of suckers in CA to buy their energy.

houston is a small 1 horse town compared to where i live, and if you would just start doing that thinking thing i have been telling you about i think you might be able to figure out where i live without me having to tell you.:lol:

and texas is the shit that comes from it, and houston's the corn in the shit!!!! my state is very blue, he might have been our president but we didnt vote for him.

(when calling others imbeciles it is best to know how to spell imbecile.)

Ouch you got me I made a typo!!! At least I'm smart enough to know that sentences and city names begin with a capital letter.

Oh and I wasn't aware I was speaking with a fourth grader.

You people sure do talk (and sing) about how 'wonderful' Tejas is. Who exactly are you trying to convince? And why haven't you all seceded yet?

Who said I wanted to secede? What's wrong with being proud of the state in which you reside? I mean, since when is pride a bad thing?

Oh and I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just stating the facts as I see them. I have lived in many different states and countries and I've never see a place that's as great as Texas.

Who said I wanted to secede? What's wrong with being proud of the state in which you reside? I mean, since when is pride a bad thing?

Addressing you, there is absolutely nothing wrong in being proud of your family, your town, your state, or your country. I think many if not most Americans are proud of being Americans and do not see that as a put down or denigration of anybody else.

Addressing nobody in particular, I think, however, that we have a segment of society who have been so infused with guilt-ridden wingnut liberal leftism that they are proud of almost nothing. Certainly they are not proud of their country, they believe it to be guilty of just about every sin, of demonstrating little virtue, and they approve our fearless leader going about the world apologizing for us being such a crappy country. (Yes he occasionally says something nice about it, but he makes it abundantly clear that we are selfish, arrogant, and have absolutely nothing to brag about. It is the quin·tes·sen·tial mantra of the radical left.)

I think that is why the group focused on by this thread is maligned, denigrated, and pooh-poohed by some who seem to think discrediting it is very important. It supports opinions that our country and Constitution merit respect and defense. It suggests that we are a nation worthy of respect and worthy to be defended against all enemies, domestic and foreign.

It doesn't fit the radical left mantra.

and texas is the shit that comes from it, and houston's the corn in the shit!!!! my state is very blue, he might have been our president but we didnt vote for him.

(when calling others imbeciles it is best to know how to spell imbecile.)

Ouch you got me I made a typo!!! At least I'm smart enough to know that sentences and city names begin with a capital letter.

Oh and I wasn't aware I was speaking with a fourth grader.

that was no typo!!!!:lol::lol:

I already adressed all those point by point in this post Basically, an additional oat to uphold the constitution is redundant and unnecessary. Secondly, many of the points would violate the oath of enlistment. Warrantless searches, for example, are not unconstitutional. Consent, implied consent, pat-downs for safety, immediate area searches etc don't require warrants.

So you have. It may seem redundant and unnecessary to you, but it doesn't to everyone.
How is it not redundant? An oath to uphold something you've already sworn to uphold? There is nothing in the Oathkeeper's promises that's not either already covered in the oaths of enlistment or commissioning, or is actually against the military oath.

You're assuming all the members are enlisted.
No, I'm not....I included the commissioning oath as well. I'm not sure you see what the difference is that I would have to specify both.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. " -4th Amendment-
I'm well aware of the fourth ammendment. It does not say all searches have to have a warrant...only that searches must be reasonable (and there are circumstances where a search is reasonable without a warrant). The second part specifies proceedures for when a warrant is issued. But the oathkeepers swear to do NO warrantless searches, which goes far beyond any interpretation of the 4th ammendment I've ever heard, and since many warrantless searches are perfectly consitutional, the oathkeepers, if they keep the letter of their oathkeeper oath, are swearing to violate constitutionally allowable warrantless searches.

With so many in DC ignoring their oath, it is nice to see people embracing theirs and reassuring others they have not forgotten they took an oath .

With so many in DC ignoring their oath, it is nice to see people embracing theirs and reassuring others they have not forgotten they took an oath .

I support this statement 100%. I think the problem here are those who are hoping that soldiers will follow their Commander-in-Chief even if he skirts the lines of constitutionality and an order from him might have question marks all over it. Unlike those in Washington, soldiers understand the Constitution and not looking for the way around it.

It looks that attack on the Constitution did not initiate just military members and movements such as Oathkeepers and Threepercenters. Check this out:

Tennessee is urging 49 other states to come together and create a "joint working group between the states" to combat unconstitutional federal legislation and assert state rights.

Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen signed HJR 108, the State Sovereignty Resolution on June 23. According to the Tenth Amendment Center, the resolution created a committee to form a joint working group between the states to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government and seek repeal of imposed mandates.

State Rep. Susan Lynn recently wrote a letter to the other 49 state legislatures, inviting them to join the group and warning that the role of the federal government has been "blurred, bent and breached."

State launches boycott of 'unconstitutional' federal laws

Ame®icano;1640404 said:
It looks that attack on the Constitution did not initiate just military members and movements such as Oathkeepers and Threepercenters. Check this out:

Tennessee is urging 49 other states to come together and create a "joint working group between the states" to combat unconstitutional federal legislation and assert state rights.

Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen signed HJR 108, the State Sovereignty Resolution on June 23. According to the Tenth Amendment Center, the resolution created a committee to form a joint working group between the states to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government and seek repeal of imposed mandates.

State Rep. Susan Lynn recently wrote a letter to the other 49 state legislatures, inviting them to join the group and warning that the role of the federal government has been "blurred, bent and breached."

Don't you think this is a healthy trend? It is reflected in the Tea Parties all around the country and in that recent taxpayer march on Washington. Those supporting these initiatives--is it safe to call it a movement yet?--come in a wide variety of sociopolitical affiliations and almost certainly do not agree on every issue that can be included. But I think I am seeing a growing consensus that government has become far too big, too expensive, too intrusive on our liberties, and too self-serving along with a growing conviction that we have to change that or lose the essence of what makes us America.

I wish they would rephrase some tenets of their platform to be a bit less 'evangelical' in flavor and more 'big tent', but the Constitution Party is part of this trend. Those of us feeling some kinship with the Tea Partiers, Oath Keepers, Tax Protesters, etc. probably also feel some rapport with at lease some of these too:

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:

Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;

Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;

Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;

Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;

Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;

States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;

American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
Constitution Party National Political Headquarters

Ame®icano;1640404 said:

Ah...Nullification is alive and well. John C. Calhoun would be so pleased.

Ame®icano;1640623 said:
Time for Obama to declare Tennessee a wing of Republican party. :)

Next step would be to send Union troops.

That doesn't happen until Tennessee is lampooned in the Huffington Post, Salon.com, and Daily Kos, is trashed on MSNBC, and is the subject of a Saturday Night Live skit.

Forum List

Back