Which Side Are You On?

citizenal

Living in Paradise
Mar 31, 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
No matter how you slice it or cut it up, the bottom line is that Israel is the aggressor nation which wrongfully seized land that belonged to someone else. However, to really understand what is going on here, substitute Afrikaner for Israeli and Black for Palestinian and then think about which side you should be on.

Why can’t the Palestinians enjoy same rights as everyone else in the world? The reason is that this would mean that in Israel, the Palestinians would enjoy the same rights as the Israelis and to an Israeli, equal rights for anyone else under the law is anathema and repugnant. Why? All Jews claim the right of return and this means that the Jews of the world have a right to live in Palestine irrespective of whether they or their ancestors ever lived there or not. If Palestinians also enjoyed a right of return, then it would be incumbent upon the Israeli government to help them return to their homes in Israel, the only difference being that, in many cases, they would be returning to the homes which they formerly lived in and had been occupied by their families for generations; albeit homes or land now occupied by Israelis.

In conclusion, a right of return entails a winner and a loser. This being the case, there is no such right either in truth or in the eyes of God.

I stand on the side that is right.
I stand on the side that DOES NOT ask for the extinction of the other side.
I stand on the side that takes concrete to build homes, businesses and not tunnels.
I stand on the side that puts people in shelters and does NOT put people into bombing targets.
I stand on the side that does not teach their children the following:
Her story soon takes a chilling turn. The Palestinians were having a nice barbecue on the beach when a wolf appeared, she recounts. “Who is the wolf?” the teacher asks. “The Jews! Isn’t it true that the Jews are the wolf?”

“Who expelled us?” she asks the kids, who listen with rapt attention. “The Jews!” they yell energetically.

“I will defeat the Jews,” a camper named Tayma tells the documentary crew. “They are a gang of infidels and Christians. They don’t like Allah and do not worship Allah. And they hate us.”

One young campers sums up, “The summer camp teaches us that we have to liberate Palestine.”

It is clear that in Palestinian society something has gone dreadfully wrong. Children in Palestinian communities in the West Bank and Gaza are turned into ‘self-destructing human bombs’ capable of carrying out casualty terrorist attacks in the struggle between Palestinians and Israelis - a phenomenon whose seeds can be traced to the first Intifada.

It happened because Arab communities within the civil jurisdiction of self-rule under the Palestinian Authority (which includes 97 percent of the Arab residents in the West Bank and 100 percent of those in Gaza) foster a culture that prepares children for armed conflict, consciously and purposely putting them in harm’s way for political gain and tactical advantage in their war against Israel. The PA buses children to violent flashpoints far from their neighborhoods and Arab snipers often hide among the young during battle, using children as human shields. Teenaged perpetrators of suicide attacks have become the norm.2

In the first Intifada, a similar pattern surfaced, in which women and children led riots while young men in their late teens and early 20s, armed with rocks, sling shots, Molotov cocktails and grenades operated from the rear.3

There were thousands of Molotov cocktail attacks, more than 100 hand grenade attacks and more than 500 attacks with guns or explosive devices over the course of the first Intifada. Children in elementary and junior high school were encouraged to stone Israelis using rocks and slingshots, knowing that Israeli soldiers could do little beyond taking the youngsters into custody and fining their parents in the hopes they would ground their children. Instead, Palestinian parents sent their children back onto the streets. Some were killed. Others were maimed.
Children Dying to Kill - A Society that Consciously Sacrifices its Own Youth

The Jews have been in the area of Israel for several thousand years, the Muslims, not so much....

True! And they lived peacefully beside the Arabs for most of those thousands of years. This was true because the indigent Jews had much in common with the Arabs. However, it wasn't until the establishment of the state of Israel that the Jews decided to make the Arabs second class citizens in the land of their forefathers. How would you feel under these circumstances? Is this what the United States America is all about; defending injustice?

Dear Healthmyths:

Any one of us can very easily list a plethora of wrongs and atrocities committed by both sides of this conflict. To what purpose; as in all wars, to demonize the other side so people will feel comfortable with destruction, slaughter and murder. The only rational way to decide this issue is as it is with all issues; logically, rationally, and in keeping with the sound principles of justice and fair play. All your one-sided rhetoric does is contribute to the continuation of the conflict and ensure that war is a permanent condition for humankind.

The Jews have been in the area of Israel for several thousand years, the Muslims, not so much....

True! And they lived peacefully beside the Arabs for most of those thousands of years. This was true because the indigent Jews had much in common with the Arabs. However, it wasn't until the establishment of the state of Israel that the Jews decided to make the Arabs second class citizens in the land of their forefathers. How would you feel under these circumstances? Is this what the United States America is all about; defending injustice?

You are woefully ignorant.

Last edited:
I stand on the side of the Israelis and against the murdering terrorists called Hamas.

I stand for fairness, justice, equal rights under the law, and peace. These are values which should be subscribed to by all Americans who are not American in name only. By siding with Israel you are forgoing these ends and principles. This raises the question, how can a person could hold dual citizen between America and Israel when one country exemplifies equal rights under the law and freedom and the other nation only offers these inalienable rights to Jews. Maybe you can explain this to me?

P.S. I am no fan of Hamas either.

you have a very interesting take on history--------totally wrong, but interesting.

Were you educated in a madrassa?

I stand on the side of the Israelis and against the murdering terrorists called Hamas.

:thup: Israel has every right to defend herself against rocket attacks by cowards. She will be no victim. :thup:

We all have a right to defend ourselves and indeed, America should come to the aid of any nation being invaded by another. However, no matter how offensive rocket attacks are, this is not the point. The point is that we did not come to the aid of the Palestinians when, initially, they were being attacked by the Israelis, so now we feel justified in helping the Israelis when they are being attacked by the Arabs when all they are doing is futilely trying to get back what was stolen from them in the first place.

Its like when a bully steals a kids lunch money when no one was watching. Then later, the victim tries to get his money back from the bully and gets arrested for attempted robbery. Yes, Hamas is wrong, but they also have right on their side, the right to protect and fight for what belongs to them.

Oh I forgot, the UN said its okay for the bully to steal the kids money. In this case, I really feel sorry for lousy thieving kid and hope he gets what's coming to him.

I stand for fairness, justice, equal rights under the law, and peace. These are values which should be subscribed to by all Americans who are not American in name only. By siding with Israel you are forgoing these ends and principles. This raises the question, how can a person could hold dual citizen between America and Israel when one country exemplifies equal rights under the law and freedom and the other nation only offers these inalienable rights to Jews. Maybe you can explain this to me?

P.S. I am no fan of Hamas either.

I often hear that from the anti-Israel choir: "I am no fan of Hamas, but..."

Dear Healthmyths:

Any one of us can very easily list a plethora of wrongs and atrocities committed by both sides of this conflict. To what purpose; as in all wars, to demonize the other side so people will feel comfortable with destruction, slaughter and murder. The only rational way to decide this issue is as it is with all issues; logically, rationally, and in keeping with the sound principles of justice and fair play. All your one-sided rhetoric does is contribute to the continuation of the conflict and ensure that war is a permanent condition for humankind.

And your one-sided rhetoric does what? Make you feel good? :cool:

"two wrongs don't make a right" pretty much sums up the whole situation in the middle east.

Why should I support either side when both sides are destroying lives and not aiming for good cooperation with each other?

The problem is when you can use war to get your points across that otherwise would be see as very weak arguments otherwise, certain people use war because it's what gives them power.

Forum List

Back