Which side are you on?

at the risk of appearning what is commonly mistaken to be slightly to the right of Che Guevara, i'll side with something i heard long ago >

of the people, by the people, for the people

How would Jesus vote?

Jesus was likely a Zealot who opposed the Roman Empire. It's unlikely he would be in favor of the massive expanse of government power which enslaves private citizens via inflation and excessive taxation to serve Big Government Cronies.

I'd agree. Jesus would support universal healthcare, reject insurance company policies which are pro-profit and not pro-life; likley he would oppose any policy which accepts collatoral damage as a matter of course in War and toss the money changers (Wall Street Bankers and Brokers) out.

I'm on the side that wants this country to save itself from financial ruin. I don't think we will win.

which side is that?

as far as I can tell both sides are doing their best to ruin this country

then they spend their free time blaming the OTHER side

Yes, they both are. Sometime I think it is intentional. This last fight was their last chance to save it. They will continue to print money thinking throwing money will solve all of our problems. We can't afford this and I don't think they will change until there are riots and bloodshed. This is our fault, we vote for politicians instead of statesman.

I suspect Jesus would also object to policies which benefit the wealthy and are justified by scapegoating the poor, aged or infirm. But what do I know about Jesus I learned from the Nuns as a child. I also learned as an adult about the ethos of the Catholic Church by the actions of its leaders in the 20th Century (well, centuries earlier too, but that maybe a bit to esoteric for most readers on the USMB).

I'm on the side that allows people to work where ever the fuck they want to, and voluntarily walk away from from a job if they don't like it.

"Which Side Are You On?" (Lyrics by Florence Reese)

Come all you good workers
Good news to you I'll tell
Of how the good old union
Has come in here to dwell

Which side are you on boys?
Which side are you on?

My daddy was a miner
He's now in the air and sun
He'll be with you fellow workers
Until the battle's won

Which side are you on?

They say in Harlan County
There are no neutrals there
You'll either be a union man
Or a thug for J. H. Claire

Which side are you on?

Oh workers can you stand it?
Oh tell me how you can
Will you be a lousy scab
Or will you be a man?

Which side are you on?

Don't scab for the bosses
Don't listen to their lies
Poor folks ain't got a chance
Unless they organize

Which side are you on?

Which side are YOU on?

As long as you are talking about the Private sector. I'm on your side. When you start talking about Public sector unions negotiating with Democrat cronies behind closed doors. You kinda lose me.

Forum List

Back