Which 'Rights' would you remove?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
If you were supreme commander?

I'm not sure I'd 'remove' rights...but I'd sure as hell de-value some...such as:

'right to privacy; when National Security is at stake.

'Freedom of Press' when their 'freedom' costs American lives.

'Freedom of Speech' when the conversation moves from dissent to disrespect (thanks O'Reily)

What about you?

I would remove ALL the special rights that homosexuals, blacks and hispanics receive.

Originally posted by Big D
I would remove ALL the special rights that homosexuals,

I'd allow for those rights - provided they extend to heterosexuals as well; such as marrying whomever you wish, and excusing deviant behaviour based on one's 'choices'. Rapists, Murderers, Theives; they'd all be allowed to argue they were BORN that way, thus, shouldn't be held responsible for their actions.

Originally posted by Big D
blacks and hispanics receive.

Women too...or ANY ethnic group recieves.

Saw the O'reilly thing too-----Lawyers seem to have found ways to interpret the constituition so loosely that our freedoms are sometimes twisted and used against us. We are left with judges deciding how laws are to be interpreted and practiced. Our freedoms may become our downfall.

Come on people.

This nation was founded on the blood and sacrifice of patriots who fought for rights and feedom.

It has been defended for over two hundred years by patriots who bled and died so that we might survive.

And now you propose to eliminate the very foundation of our freedoms simply because they may be inconvenient.

I think your proposal is extremely ill-considered. You may want to keep this in mind; Do you really think that government would willingly return those rights which have been suspended? Personally, I believe that nothing short of another all-out revolution would recover our rights once we have given them away as you suggest.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Come on people.

This nation was founded on the blood and sacrifice of patriots who fought for rights and feedom.

It has been defended for over two hundred years by patriots who bled and died so that we might survive.

And now you propose to eliminate the very foundation of our freedoms simply because they may be inconvenient.

I think your proposal is extremely ill-considered. You may want to keep this in mind; Do you really think that government would willingly return those rights which have been suspended? Personally, I believe that nothing short of another all-out revolution would recover our rights once we have given them away as you suggest.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I would say you describe us TODAY.

Come on people.

That was one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long time Merlin. thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not that afraid of our government . Rights have been taken away in times of crisis and returned without an all out revolution.

Come on people.

I'm not proposing ANYTHING - I'm telling you what 'darin' would do.

Fuck our 'rights' when it comes to things like National Security and freedoms to pursue the blessings of liberty (which affirmative action laws hinder me from doing).

Re: National Security. We have a nation of 'whiners' who cannot appreciate what they have; a country that TRIES to look out for our own good, even when we don't look out for ourselves.

None of you have lost a right which affects your life in ANY way.

whoa...

you see i think merlin is very very very right.

there is no way in hell i'm gonna serve a president or leadership who subverts the constitution. go ahead and lock me up in the brig because the moment i hear that kerry, bush, whomever decides to suspend the constitution or take away the rights of the american people, i ain't gonna be a part of that.

you want terrorists to win? subvert the constitution (the most important document in the history of the world, sorry bible, torah, koran, the constitution is the model for damn near everybody, regardless of religion, culture or nationality.)

you want terrorists to win? take away people's rights. then we look just like china, russia, pakistan, saudi arabia, iran, etc etc.

there is no way in hell we will lose the war on terror or any war by allowing people their full constitutional freedoms. anybody who tells you otherwise has an ulterior agenda or is sadly mistaken.

and that's just how NATO AIR would deal with this question.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Fuck our 'rights' when it comes to things like National Security and freedoms to pursue the blessings of liberty

which is exactly what the 'big brother' type government wants you to think when looking at them. as long as we're 'secure' and protected, why should you need any rights?

we've been down this argument way too many times, its never going to be solved because of the differences in beliefs. Until it directly happens to you, there is no changing anyones mind. will it be too late then?

and i didn't lose my rights, but like anybody who was/is in the military, we give them up voluntarily to protect the full rights of the rest of america, a sacrifice that does affect us but we're proud to make.

Our rights also matter when it's NOT a helpful assistance to the terrorists, remember that.

does anybody really think that throughout our history there have not been times when the government has suspended some of our rights?

Just wondering......

Originally posted by -=d=-

Are you prepared to prove this with a Constitutionalist?

and while the gov't may have suspended these rights in the psat, it was quite mistaken and i strongly disagree with taking such measures. we must always remain a fully free society.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
which is exactly what the 'big brother' type government wants you to think when looking at them. as long as we're 'secure' and protected, why should you need any rights?

Here's you taking a very small thing I wrote, and making it inclusive of MUCH LARGER things. I listed three rights I would change...you are now implying I advocate 'removing ALL rights'.

Weirdo. :)

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

we've been down this argument way too many times, its never going to be solved because of the differences in beliefs. Until it directly happens to you, there is no changing anyones mind. will it be too late then?

I have never seen proof that ANYONE i've encountered online has been negatively affected by things like The Patriot Act, etc.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
and while the gov't may have suspended these rights in the psat, it was quite mistaken and i strongly disagree with taking such measures. we must always remain a fully free society.

Uh. We aren't a fully free society anyway.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
does anybody really think that throughout our history there have not been times when the government has suspended some of our rights?

Just wondering......

and when its happened, did we not later find that it was often times a grievous act but still refuse to learn from it?

Forum List

Back