Which Republican Was The Obama Camp Most Concerned About Running Against?

why would that surprise you?

i'm not being facetious. huntman was the smartest person in the GOP line-up... and while conservative, he understood the limits of where the radical religious right could push this country.

he also, by virtue of working with the president as his ambassador to china, proved a level of bi-partisanship what should be appealing to normal conservatives.

and the fact that his expertise was in china, an area which is incredibly important right now, should have been of significance to the GOP.

but huntsman didn't make a blip on the radar of the "base" because he cooperated with "the enemy" by working as obama's ambassador.

p.s. there... you got a response. try to deal with it as if you actually want discussion.

• Banned

i'm not being facetious. huntman was the smartest person in the GOP line-up... and while conservative, he understood the limits of where the radical religious right could push this country.

he also, by virtue of working with the president as his ambassador to china, proved a level of bi-partisanship what should be appealing to normal conservatives.

and the fact that his expertise was in china, an area which is incredibly important right now, should have been of significance to the GOP.

but huntsman didn't make a blip on the radar of the "base" because he cooperated with "the enemy" by working as obama's ambassador.

p.s. there... you got a response. try to deal with it as if you actually want discussion.

I wasn't actually surprised but that "line" was part of the article so I figured it would grab people's attention. Fair enough reply?

I actually liked Huntsman so there is no reason to disagree with you.

I wasn't actually surprised but that "line" was part of the article so I figured it would grab people's attention. Fair enough reply?

i liked huntsman, too..

Fair enough.

see what happens when you actually post something worth responding to. :thup:

• Banned

i liked huntsman, too..

Fair enough.

see what happens when you actually post something worth responding to. :thup:

Ya had had to take a shot, "dint" ya?

• Banned

I'm not surprised one bit. Huntsman was sane, sober and sensible. Did any of the others meet this standard?
Romney was sane and sober; a second best choice. The rest were were either nuts or made little sense. I'm not sure that two of them were ever fully sober, but without real evidence I won't name names.

Some would say he was a RINO and the GOP seems to like RINOs...Romney and McCain.

Huntsman had zero charisma. He had zero ideas. The best thing about him were his attractive and funny daughters. Maybe if they had run things would be different.
Didnt we hear that McCain was the Republican that most Democrats would vote for before he got the nomination?

I'm not surprised one bit. Huntsman was sane, sober and sensible. Did any of the others meet this standard?
Romney was sane and sober; a second best choice. The rest were were either nuts or made little sense. I'm not sure that two of them were ever fully sober, but without real evidence I won't name names.

bachman was on pills and cain was drunk. The tea party wanted these two

Huntsman was the true conservative of the group, unburdened by soc con values nonsense.

He would have beat Obama like drum if the message had been delivered well.

Obama would have been slaughtered in the three debates.

Huntsman had zero charisma. He had zero ideas. The best thing about him were his attractive and funny daughters. Maybe if they had run things would be different.
Didnt we hear that McCain was the Republican that most Democrats would vote for before he got the nomination?

right on Que a dumb ass ditto head comes in bashing him.

Our GOP candidates of the future will look more like Huntsman than Santorum.

The past two GOP candidates have looked more like Huntsman than Santorum...and we've seen the results...two losses.

The problem with Huntsman is, he is mostly liberal.

Why vote for the liberal in a red suit when there is a liberal running in a blue suit?

For the record, IMO, we don't want a Santorum, or a Bush like candidate...

But if the GOP serves up another moderate, the DNC will only spike it in our face again for the hat-trick.

The past two GOP candidates have looked more like Huntsman than Santorum...and we've seen the results...two losses.

The problem with Huntsman is, he is mostly liberal.

Why vote for the liberal in a red suit when there is a liberal running in a blue suit?

For the record, IMO, we don't want a Santorum, or a Bush like candidate...

But if the GOP serves up another moderate, the DNC will only spike it in our face again for the hat-trick.

They need to run a compassionate Conservative Constitutionalist whatever that is if it exists.

Forum List

Back