Which religious group at USMB...

Holier than thou

• Total voters
Some (not all) of the christians. It's so hard for some people to realize the constitution did not guarantee a christian nation which is politely tolerant of Judaism, amused by Buddism and intolerant of Islam. Any suggestion that all faiths are on a level playing field incenses some USMB-ers, who claim they cannot feel at ease near non-christians.

I consider myself a practicing Atheist, but my convictions are always clouded by doubt, because I know that no matter what you or I say, all men will pray to whatever deity they think will save them in their most desperate hour.

I speak from experience, in case you were wondering.

Taoists. Those loud-mouthed douchewads are so hypocritically pious, and always feigning piety and/or righteousness.

I have a hard time voting for one "group" as more sanctimonious than any other. There are some individuals that make me want to add a disclaimer to every post they make on religion stating "This idiot does not speak for all _________________(insert applicable group label here)", and they're the ones that keep me out of the religion forum for the most part. There seems to be a sprinkling of those in just about every group.

Christians and nonbelievers being the largest and most outspoken, they're the most obvious. But ironically enough, a certain percentage of members engaging in bigotry seems to be the one thing everybody has in common.

I have a hard time voting for one "group" as more sanctimonious than any other. There are some individuals that make me want to add a disclaimer to every post they make on religion stating "This idiot does not speak for all _________________(insert applicable group label here)", and they're the ones that keep me out of the religion forum for the most part. There seems to be a sprinkling of those in just about every group.

Christians and nonbelievers being the largest and most outspoken, they're the most obvious. But ironically enough, a certain percentage of members engaging in bigotry seems to be the one thing everybody has in common.
Good points. Perhaps the fact that I was raised a Christian makes me more apt to see sanctimony in other Christians. It frankly makes me cringe to see it.

Good points. Perhaps the fact that I was raised a Christian makes me more apt to see sanctimony in other Christians. It frankly makes me cringe to see it.

Ravi...in what way do you see ''sanctimony''??

God will judge you for that. He watches us at all times, and He loves all of us equally, even the imperfect Christians like you. I will pray for your tortured sole, may you find Jebus and thank him for your blessings. :eusa_pray:

:eusa_angel:

I would have to say the non-believers. They know what's best for everybody - which is to erase religion from the minds of everybody else and force acceptance of belief that man is greater than any "invisible" creator. Science and the manipulation thereof is everything. Man is within an inch of being able to create animals, various foods, other humans that are far superior to what this so-called "God" is believed by some to have done.

Rav, Christians are encouraged to spread their beliefs around and bring more into the faith.

In and of itself, there's nothing wrong with that. Where it gets cloudy is in how some people choose to go about it.

Reading through the Jesus not looking like a Jew thread...there are several posters that are behaving in that manner, imo.

God will judge you for that. He watches us at all times, and He loves all of us equally, even the imperfect Christians like you. I will pray for your tortured sole, may you find Jebus and thank him for your blessings. :eusa_pray:

:eusa_angel:
Uh oh, I'm having sole for dinner!

images

It appears an even tougher question for the OP is whether or not to put a thread about "religion" in the "religion" section.

Reading through the Jesus not looking like a Jew thread...there are several posters that are behaving in that manner, imo.

Oh. I read and posted in that thread, and read a little more..then stopped. So many of the threads just repeat over and over.
As a Christian, I hope I do not come across in the manner you mean. I do not believe in brow beating anyone, and I certainly don't believe a am a bit better than anyone. :)

jebushagood-one-my-dad-says-lol-sheldon.jpg

Oh. I read and posted in that thread, and read a little more..then stopped. So many of the threads just repeat over and over.
As a Christian, I hope I do not come across in the manner you mean. I do not believe in brow beating anyone, and I certainly don't believe a am a bit better than anyone. :)

You don't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

You don't at all.

• Thanks
I was born Jewish, remained that way (technically) till I was 16, then converted to Protestant Christianity.

As a practicing, devout Christian, of course I believe my faith is true, most sanctimonious, Judaism is a close 2nd, as xanity sprang from it, I have roots in it, and my savior is one.

The rest get a BIG LOL from me.:laugh:

• Thanks

Forum List

Back