Which Presidents fought in what wars?

reagan never fought nor did gw bush.

But as I posted earlier, unlike say... Clinton and Barry, BOOOOOOSH actually Served the Nation for Years and flew Fighter Jets in the Defense of this Nation here at Home...

Of course Liberals like to Selectively Shit on the Air National Guard. :thup:

:)

peace...

if i intended to say he and reagan didn't serve, i would have used the word *served*.

funny how those word things work, innit?

stfu

And I didn't say you did, dipshit...

Before you stumbled into this Thread, I posted this:

Um... (43) didn't Fight in Vietnam.

He did fly Jets in the ANG... :thup:

peace...

We aren't Disagreeing on anything, as long as you aren't Shitting on People who have Served in the Guard. :thup:

peace...

It's been a long time since leaders have actually led the troops into combat.

Somewhere along the line the figured out a way to convince the little guy to do the dirty work for them.

hello, combat is a young mans game, chicken and egg?

True; national leaders from the twentieth century onward have usually been too old for active combat (it's a rare man over 40 or so who ha the physical capacity for ground combat). Even so, the only recent presidents who had ever seen actual combat service of any kind were Harry Truman, Eisenhower, JFK, Lyndon Johnson Gerald Ford, and G.H.W. Bush (Johnson in only one air mission in which he probably, according to official records, never came under enemy fire). Others have served in wartime, but in non-combat billets. I do feel somewhat uneasy having a commander-in-chief who has never served at all, but in these days of an all-volunteer military, the pool of candidates who are also vets, much less combat vets, is getting smaller, so it's likely that trend will continue.

Forum List

Back