Which President(s) Of The Last 50 Years Have Done The Most Damage To The Country…?

Which president(s) are the worst in terms of inflicting long-term damage on the USA..

• Total voters
The poll is about long-term damage. There's no way Obama could have already committed long-term damage. If you think Carter has, then you can tell us what damage he committed.

You can hear a sigh of relief in plains Georgia, Jimmy Carter has been surpassed by obama as America worse president, of the 20TH century

obama had the distinction of being the first worst president of the 21ST century, and also the worse president of all time

It's too early to judge Obama's presidency against historical standards. But I doubt he can beat James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Jimmy Carter, and a few others who were really bad presidents.

When a president says he's going to fundamentally change America, what do you think he means?

You can hear a sigh of relief in plains Georgia, Jimmy Carter has been surpassed by obama as America worse president, of the 20TH century

obama had the distinction of being the first worst president of the 21ST century, and also the worse president of all time

It's too early to judge Obama's presidency against historical standards. But I doubt he can beat James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Jimmy Carter, and a few others who were really bad presidents.

When a president says he's going to fundamentally change America, what do you think he means?

I don't take rhetoric at face value.

I don't take rhetoric at face value.

Saying he's going too fundamentally change America is not rhetoric. Has he tried to do it? Yes he has.

Carter.... 444 days that convinced Islamic fundamentalists that there were no repercussions for terrorism and ultimately led us to today.

Seriously?

1983 Beirut barracks bombing

The Beirut Barracks Bombing (October 23, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon) occurred during the Lebanese Civil War, when two truck bombs struck separate buildings housing United States and French military forces—members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon—killing 299 American and French servicemen. The organization Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Response
mid-Reagan_Speech_Beirut_Bombing.ogv.jpg

There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing
from the Americans, besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Do you really think that would have happened had Carter handled Iran differently during his tenure? Carter set the stage for the rise in Islamic terrorism.

Carter.... 444 days that convinced Islamic fundamentalists that there were no repercussions for terrorism and ultimately led us to today.

Seriously?

1983 Beirut barracks bombing

The Beirut Barracks Bombing (October 23, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon) occurred during the Lebanese Civil War, when two truck bombs struck separate buildings housing United States and French military forces—members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon—killing 299 American and French servicemen. The organization Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Response
mid-Reagan_Speech_Beirut_Bombing.ogv.jpg

There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing
from the Americans, besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Do you really think that would have happened had Carter handled Iran differently during his tenure? Carter set the stage for the rise in Islamic terrorism.

I have to agree.

I realize I'm not the only veteran, but I think being there first hand gives veterans a unique viewpoint. Even if some of those viewpoints are opposite of mine, I do respect their opinions.

I respect yours as well, I do wish you would explain it more thoroughly. What are your feelings on all of those comments those democrats made that I posted earlier?

I'm not into long-winded dissertations about stuff that has already been beaten to death and reasonably proven one way or the other. Some on this board like that sort of thing, but not me. You have your political slant and I have mine.

What a shameless dodge.

Saying he's going too fundamentally change America is not rhetoric. Has he tried to do it? Yes he has.

I beg to differ. Please remind me of the major initiative of Obama that was designed to "fundamentally change America".

You can beg to differ all you want. The fact remains that is exactly what obama has tried to do.

You say it's a fact, but you can't back that up by pointing to any real facts.

I beg to differ. Please remind me of the major initiative of Obama that was designed to "fundamentally change America".

You can beg to differ all you want. The fact remains that is exactly what obama has tried to do.

You use word play games such as "major initiative" Don't be an idiot and think that obama has not tried to change this country. He has and no matter how you try to play the word game. Keep it simple stupid.

You use word play games such as "major initiative" Don't be an idiot and think that obama has not tried to change this country. He has and no matter how you try to play the word game. Keep it simple stupid.

One of my mainy personal failings is that I'm not simple and not stupid. Tough.

One of your "mainy" failings, eh? :rolleyes:

:lol::eusa_whistle:

Never heard of the phrase kiss?
Keep it simple stupid?

Oh, I absolutely did NOT like Bush 43's policies one little bit. But permanent damage?

In my humble opinion it was definately James Earl Carter. That was a man that was so in over his head that he looked not only to the world like an inept imbecile, but at the end of his term this country KNEW they had sent a man wholly unqualified to be President to the Oval Office.

1. The Iranian/Islamofacist Situation - Jimmy wanted to be everyone's friend (sound like someone you know?) and when the Ayatollah started that little mess, he stood by and watched while the American embassy was stormed and hostages were held for 444 days. If Jimmy had acted and acted DECISIVELY at the beginning of the situation, it is likely that we would not have the major headache of Islamic terrorists now. Imagine an Iran that holds democratic elections? But I was in the military when that happened. After two years of this putz, we didn't even have ammunition and about half of our vehicles did not run for lack of spare parts. Even if Jimmy had wanted, I'm not sure he could have cobbled together a force to go there and do something. Let's remember that Diego Garcia and the pre-positioned ships were NOT available (that didn't happen until Reagan). Jimmy was closing overseas bases as fast as possible up to that point, the remaining open base closest to Iran being in Turkey. Additionally, about half the airlift, bomber and combat aircraft that would have gotten us there and protected us enroute, was grounded because lack of spare parts as well. This is very possibly one of the most incredible mistakes made by a President in the last 150 years.

2. Nicaragua - We know now (due to the Soviet Union collapsing) that our friends the Soviets had been fermenting trouble in Central and South America for 20 years PRIOR to Jimmy's fiasco. They formed and armed rebel guerillas all over Central and South America, who were NOT effective until Jimmy pulled advisors out because we are not supposed to interferring in other peoples business. The Sandinistas and other rebels (refer to the FARC in Columbia) were a direct result of this wanting to be friends with everyone and refusing to take a stand against what was happening. The direct result? Reagan was forced to invade Grenada as the Cubans were building a military air strip there. You can also trace the invasion of Panama directly to Jimmy's inability to directly and firmly deal with the KGB sticking there finger in this festering shit hole.

3. Afghanistan - By God Jimmy didn't let us go to the Olympics did he? After sitting on his thumbs and allowing the Russians to invade (read the information from the Kremlin, they invaded because they KNEW Carter had no stomach to oppose them in any form) the only way to effectively combat the Russians was by arming the Majahudeen (SP?). Osama bin Laden was one of those that we armed. That worked out great for us, didn't it.

I could go on and on about this ignorant individuals blunders. But you get the picture here. We are just now wrapping up TWO WARS that is a direct result of this man's bent to destroy the Department of Defense and the intelligence agencies. Our dealings with Iran are just now heating up and you have Jimmy to thank for them. This man will go down in history as one of the FIVE WORST PRESIDENTS that this country has ever had. Thank God one of the FIVE BEST PRESIDENTS in this countries history came right after him.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What the hell are you talking about "undo" all of Obama's damage? Like what, Obamacare?

So start with.

The open Marxist Kagan on the high court, the drooling moron Sotomayor. The $6 trillion of debt in the form of bribes to the UAW and banking institutions like Goldman Sachs. The bowing to foreign leaders and humiliation of the nation to the world.

Dumbfuck Obama has done more long term damage than any president in the last hundred years.

LBJ, Carter, and Dubya were all bad, but Obama outpaces them by miles.

The Obamacare that might get wiped off the books by the SC? Don’t get me wrong, Obama is a horrible President but Bush alone started 2 meaningless wars, expanded the DoEducation, did 2x stimulus, Medicare part D and the list goes on and on… These are policies that will be there for years to come, yeah Obama did dumb 1 time programs but he has very little in the way of long lasting policy, he mainly just spends like wtf.

Obama is the biggest disaster this nation has faced since the civil war.

Obama and LBJ have done more damage than Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined

The transformation of the USA from a free, civil society to the last nation scheduled for Progressive termination has been an unqualified disaster. The "War on Poverty" is the biggest, costliest failure in history. You cannot alleviate poverty by handing people money. Poverty is an attitude, a worldview and it can be changed but not by handing over taxpayer dollars.

Obama has nothing in common with Americans. From his diet to his dialect he is an alien; he has alien notions of our founding, our constitution with both small and capital "c", and our economy and we're paying the price.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back