Which POTUS Contenders Are The REAL Conservatives??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DaGoose, Apr 13, 2011.

1. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    Much has been made of the GOP needing a REAL Conservative to run against Obama in the next election. Especially The Rabbi who stated in another thread.......

I would like to see who the Right Wingers on this board consider a "REAL" Conservative.

Let the nominations begin...............

2. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    There aren't any Conservatives out there in the Republican Party so it's a false concept.

3. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    A true conservative will fail as a President just as a true liberal will fail.

In todays political climate, you need a president willing and able to put ideology aside....or nothing will get done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I can think of only one who opposes fiscally liberal ideas/budgets/programs from both sides, and has a proven track record of putting principle over party.

Ron Paul, the only conservative in either party.

5. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    THAT mentality right there is why the system in this country is doomed to failure. Ideology and Principles should be the ONLY guide for anyone in society. It is better that nothing gets done than that the wrong things get done.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    What you consider wrong, no less than 35% of Americans consider right...and visa versa.
    Me? I am a conservative in my values, but I am well aware that no less than 35% disagree with me....so whereas I would selfishly LOVE a conservaitve President and a conservative majority in both houses, I am a realist and understand that it should NEVER be my way or the highway...

We just experienced a liberal President with a liberal majority in both houses and whereas40% of Americans were thrilled, 50% of Americans were not...and the result? Our very liberal President opted to move more toward the middle...not far enough yet.....but certainly more towrd the middle.

7. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I don't care if 99.9% of people disagree with me. Being in the majority is not the point of life. Being and Doing RIGHT is the point of life. My way or the Highway is the ONLY way so far as I'm concerned.

We've had Liberals running all three branches of government since the end of the Andrew Jackson administration. It's simply a matter of whether they're the Left of Center LIBS or the Right of Center LIBS. The middle is NOT where I have any interest in finding a politician.

8. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    President Clinton, whom I and a majority of Americans consider a successful POTUS showed how much progress can be made with two different ideologies in control of the executive and legislative branches.

But outside of Ron Paul I'm not seeing anyone mentioned as having the REAL Conservative values that many seem to want. Is the GOP that lacking?

9. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    Wow.....very seldom, if ever, do I see Ronald Reagan called a LIBERAL. :eek:

10. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Don't know what brand he is but I Like Allen West