Which POTUS Contenders Are The REAL Conservatives??

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Much has been made of the GOP needing a REAL Conservative to run against Obama in the next election. Especially The Rabbi who stated in another thread.......

"It's time for an actual conservative to run for the nomination. Those are the people who get elected."

I would like to see who the Right Wingers on this board consider a "REAL" Conservative.

Let the nominations begin...............

A true conservative will fail as a President just as a true liberal will fail.

In todays political climate, you need a president willing and able to put ideology aside....or nothing will get done.

I can think of only one who opposes fiscally liberal ideas/budgets/programs from both sides, and has a proven track record of putting principle over party.

Ron Paul, the only conservative in either party.

In todays political climate, you need a president willing and able to put ideology aside....or nothing will get done.

THAT mentality right there is why the system in this country is doomed to failure. Ideology and Principles should be the ONLY guide for anyone in society. It is better that nothing gets done than that the wrong things get done.

THAT mentality right there is why the system in this country is doomed to failure. Ideology and Principles should be the ONLY guide for anyone in society. It is better that nothing gets done than that the wrong things get done.

What you consider wrong, no less than 35% of Americans consider right...and visa versa.
Me? I am a conservative in my values, but I am well aware that no less than 35% disagree with me....so whereas I would selfishly LOVE a conservaitve President and a conservative majority in both houses, I am a realist and understand that it should NEVER be my way or the highway...

We just experienced a liberal President with a liberal majority in both houses and whereas40% of Americans were thrilled, 50% of Americans were not...and the result? Our very liberal President opted to move more toward the middle...not far enough yet.....but certainly more towrd the middle.

What you consider wrong, no less than 35% of Americans consider right...and visa versa. Me? I am a conservative in my values, but I am well aware that no less than 35% disagree with me....so whereas I would selfishly LOVE a conservaitve President and a conservative majority in both houses, I am a realist and understand that it should NEVER be my way or the highway....

I don't care if 99.9% of people disagree with me. Being in the majority is not the point of life. Being and Doing RIGHT is the point of life. My way or the Highway is the ONLY way so far as I'm concerned.

We just experienced a liberal President with a liberal majority in both houses and whereas40% of Americans were thrilled, 50% of Americans were not...and the result? Our very liberal President opted to move more toward the middle...not far enough yet.....but certainly more towrd the middle.

We've had Liberals running all three branches of government since the end of the Andrew Jackson administration. It's simply a matter of whether they're the Left of Center LIBS or the Right of Center LIBS. The middle is NOT where I have any interest in finding a politician.

President Clinton, whom I and a majority of Americans consider a successful POTUS showed how much progress can be made with two different ideologies in control of the executive and legislative branches.

But outside of Ron Paul I'm not seeing anyone mentioned as having the REAL Conservative values that many seem to want. Is the GOP that lacking?

What you consider wrong, no less than 35% of Americans consider right...and visa versa. Me? I am a conservative in my values, but I am well aware that no less than 35% disagree with me....so whereas I would selfishly LOVE a conservaitve President and a conservative majority in both houses, I am a realist and understand that it should NEVER be my way or the highway....

I don't care if 99.9% of people disagree with me. Being in the majority is not the point of life. Being and Doing RIGHT is the point of life. My way or the Highway is the ONLY way so far as I'm concerned.

We've had Liberals running all three branches of government since the end of the Andrew Jackson administration. It's simply a matter of whether they're the Left of Center LIBS or the Right of Center LIBS. The middle is NOT where I have any interest in finding a politician.

Wow.....very seldom, if ever, do I see Ronald Reagan called a LIBERAL. :eek:

Much has been made of the GOP needing a REAL Conservative to run against Obama in the next election. Especially The Rabbi who stated in another thread.......

"It's time for an actual conservative to run for the nomination. Those are the people who get elected."

I would like to see who the Right Wingers on this board consider a "REAL" Conservative.

Don't know what brand he is but I Like Allen West

Look at his budgets, I dunno how those could be called anything but liberal. He pretty much saved social security with a bailout, social security being the most liberal of all gov't programs. Well that or welfare.

Look at his budgets, I dunno how those could be called anything but liberal. He pretty much saved social security with a bailout, social security being the most liberal of all gov't programs. Well that or welfare.

Social Security and Welfare can never be put in the same category.
Welfare is an entitlement
Social Secruity is a tax turned to forced savings.
You work to pay into and get back from SS
You dont need to do a dam thing to get welfare...except get off your ass to check the mail.

You dont need to do a dam thing to get welfare...except get off your ass to check the mail.

I'm just talking about in terms of an enormous, failed government program.

I wonder how much you get done from living in moms basement. Oh thats right, you have me on ignore.

Im not one who is big on labels much anymore. Labels mean different things for different people. a "real" conservative is likely "anyone who agrees with me on every point". That way the "real conservative" can be whatever ideal we make him/her to be.

Unfortunately, life isnt that easy. Everyone has different ideas and different experiences.

I want someone who is going to be an effective leader. Who might actually accomplish things that will fix some of this nations problems. I understand fully that no one is perfect. But I want someone I feel like I can trust.

Actually not much has been made about so-called "real conservatives" running against Obama. The truth is that Stalin would look like a conservative compared to Obama. The left likes any fantasy that seems to suggest a split in the GOP, that's why it's always a leftie that brings up the issue.

Actually not much has been made about so-called "real conservatives" running against Obama. The truth is that Stalin would look like a conservative compared to Obama. The left likes any fantasy that seems to suggest a split in the GOP, that's why it's always a leftie that brings up the issue.

And yet you haven't a clue who you think is truly Conservative. Or you're afraid to say. :eusa_shhh:

Conservatives are always right no matter what happens. So when things go to hell in a handbag Cons simply look at it, recognize it's not perfect then proclaim "Thats not a REAL Conservatives!"

So the REAL conservative nominees dont exist any where on earth...Only in the conservatives mind. Running a country doesnt work on ideology alone

Conservatives are always right no matter what happens. So when things go to hell in a handbag Cons simply look at it, recognize it's not perfect then proclaim "Thats not a REAL Conservatives!"

So the REAL conservative nominees don't exist anywhere on earth...Only in the conservatives mind. Running a country doesn't work on ideology alone

Exactly. One party rule never worked...eventually. Divided government seems to work best. The problem is, not sure which party does better controlling which branch?
I seem to like a Dem Senate and GOP Congress, and the Presidency needs to be someone with a 3-digit IQ.

He started out as a Democrat.... there is no means of salvation from that mistake. Not even exorcism can fix that. Besides, he spent too much time looking outward from this country rather than looking inward. He might well have had enough support to make the changes necessary in our society, and he threw it all away trying to save the Soviet Union from itself.

They are both right up there with Medicare and Medicaid.

They're both Unconstitutional social programs, so they're the same thing in my mind.

Forum List

Back