Which political party is most responsible for our high national unemployment rates?

unemployment is high BECAUSE the housing bubble and financial bubble, BURST...and the jobs that relied on the bubble, evaporated...

Unemployment is high because somewhere along the way..circa 1980s or so..conservatives decided to break everything that kept the middle class growing in this country.

-Straving the government of revenue.
-Dismantling the social safety net.
-Dismantling regulation.

That's what got us to this point.

Since you asked the question, you get to go first. ... I'll Bet you can't do it!
(It is actually pretty easy to explain. I can do it in two sentences!)

I take it you are not very good at statistics and have a very difficult time reading and understanding sinple charts?
And the above constiutes serious analysis to you, does it?

Are you really this foolish or do you just think we are?

If you're so good with charts, how about explaining this one

jobcreation2000s.jpg

Last edited:
You are playing fast and loose with the information presented in this chart. Please tell me what the U.S. unemployment rate did between October 1st, 2007 when the Democrats took over the budget exercise and today. Answer: The total unemployment increased from a somewhat moderate number to a totally unsustainable number!
precisely! the laws and legislation of the previous years is not isolated in a vacuum, they have future consequences....

The FY2008 budget was passed with almost all of the republicans voting for it and most of the dems voting against it

Uh,,,one of the main causes for the unemployment is the ripple effect of the housing bubble bursting and the credit crunch which started happening in 2006 and were predicted as early as 2003.
In other words, the wheels of this recession actually started turning for this recession in the late 90's and early 2000's. as a result of the passed legislation from that time period. You can thank the GOP Congress (and the Dems that went along with them), Bill Clinton and GWB if you want to live in reality.
The bottomline, BOTH parties are to blame.
And that's the Dems congressional class of 2007 fault?

Last edited:
Its actually BOTH political parties.

1. The dems protected Fannie & Freddie as their cash cows, and passed the Community Reinvestment Act, which gave mortgages to the unqualified, which led to the massive foreclosure rate and the financial collapse.

2. The GOP passed the "American Jobs Creation Act" which basically gave tax breaks to move factories & jobs overseas. The resulting unemployment rate led them to slither out of DC in shame with the US economy in shambles.

Both parties are lying coxuckers. I hope the TEA Party tosses everyone who helped create the mess out of DC.

Wrong, the Republican$ deregulation of Wall $treet moved more than 70% of the mortgage market TO Wall $treet. Because of an accounting scandal, Freddie/Fannie had nearly stopped giving out mortgages. This made the move to Wall $treet much easier.

Come on people. This is very recent history. Republicans gave Ronald Reagan's legacy a ten year period for people to forget before they created the "imaginary" legacy. You can't change history when it's still fresh in everyone's mind.

DEREGULATION caused this mess.

Everytime we deregulate we end up with an Enron , savings loan fiasco and or what we have now.

There is one party that promotes deregulation as a solution to almost everything, the Republican party.

You are so very WRONG!

You forgot their other solution. "Cut Taxes".

You are playing fast and loose with the information presented in this chart. Please tell me what the U.S. unemployment rate did between October 1st, 2007 when the Democrats took over the budget exercise and today. Answer: The total unemployment increased from a somewhat moderate number to a totally unsustainable number!
precisely! the laws and legislation of the previous years is not isolated in a vacuum, they have future consequences....

The FY2008 budget was passed with almost all of the republicans voting for it and most of the dems voting against it

Only an wingnut asshole would demand an answer from someone they just called a liar, without saying how anything I said was wrong.

In wingnut world, looking at how many jobs were created in a 10 year period is meaningless, but how many jobs were created in 2 year period is IMPORTANT!!!

In the real world, the budgets were supported by the republicans in congress and signed by the republican in the white house.

In wingnut world, that means it's the democrats fault!!:cuckoo:

Both parties are responsible and we're the proud beneficiaries of these miscreants actions. Remember when you used to go to the mall and the monkeys behind the glass were always hurling turds at each other.

Wrong again.

Have you noticed when Democrats make a mistake Republicans go after them? When Republicans make mistakes, it's the fault of BOTH parties?

Iraq
Letting Bin Laden go
The Katrina aftermath
Medicare part D
the trillions in unneeded tax cuts that created our deficit
No bid contracts
Billions vanishing

Even when Republicans passed their odious agenda through reconciliation, it's still at least half the fault of Democrats. How can that be? Because Republicans said so and their "values" and "morals" prevent them from lying or making false claims.

Both parties are responsible and we're the proud beneficiaries of these miscreants actions. Remember when you used to go to the mall and the monkeys behind the glass were always hurling turds at each other.

Wrong again.

Have you noticed when Democrats make a mistake Republicans go after them? When Republicans make mistakes, it's the fault of BOTH parties?

Iraq
Letting Bin Laden go
The Katrina aftermath
Medicare part D
No bid contracts
Billions vanishing

Even when Republicans passed their odious agenda through reconciliation, it's still at least half the fault of Democrats. How can that be? Because Republicans said so and their "values" and "morals" prevent them from lying or making false claims.

Almost all of the repubs voted for the budget in 2007 and 2008 and bush* signed both of them, but in wingnut world, "It's the democrats' budget!!!"

Wrong again.

Iraq
Letting Bin Laden go
The Katrina aftermath
Medicare part D
No bid contracts
Billions vanishing

Almost all of the repubs voted for the budget in 2007 and 2008 and bush* signed both of them, but in wingnut world, "It's the democrats' budget!!!"

Democrats said Saddam was a bad man. Republicans invaded Iraq, therefore, the responsibility is half Democrats. Besides, they both had the same intelligence. Intelligence that may have been provided by the White House.

BULLETPROOF EVIDENCE![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE2SdF1fN4s[/ame]
EVERY STATEMENT BACKED UP BY SOLID SOURCES!

Last edited by a moderator:
the economy boomed early under clinton because he and congress showed fiscal responsibility....showed the willingness to reform programs costing us alot, and showed responsibility by trying to reduce the deficit he inherited....THIS makes businesses feel safe enough to invest/create jobs.

and the internet was exploding when he was there too.....that did help the guy look pretty good....

that was the latter part of his 2 terms, if I am not mistaken?

But the economy initially took off when consumers and businesses had confidence in our government getting their finances in order...

and it would give businesses now, confidence to invest, if they thought that our gvt would reign in the spending and pay off our bills, instead of just borrowing money each year to pay them....

i was under the impression it started around 1995.....

Yeap that is just what I was getting at.

The fools on the right buy into the phoney "Poor ole corporations are being harmed by regulations" and they vote the republican party who fucks us all every time.

i got news for ya "Truth"......the left fucks ya too.....i live in a state where the people have been fucked quite often by the left.....and gee....the people here just keep on voting for the same type of person doing the fucking......so i guess "fools" is not an exclusive term to use for the Right.....

the economy boomed early under clinton because he and congress showed fiscal responsibility....showed the willingness to reform programs costing us alot, and showed responsibility by trying to reduce the deficit he inherited....THIS makes businesses feel safe enough to invest/create jobs.

and the internet was exploding when he was there too.....that did help the guy look pretty good....

But, but, but

the govt doesn't create jobs!!!! :lol:

Which political party is most responsible for our high national unemployment rates?

The one I refused to attend. You would too at $10K a plate.

The Corporatist Party.

It is comprised of most of both of the other partys.

But, but, but

the govt had nothing to do with the business boom on the Internet.....the American Entrepreneur did that....Geezus i cant believe you said that....:lol:

But, but, but

the govt had nothing to do with the business boom on the Internet.....the American Entrepreneur did that....Geezus i cant believe you said that....:lol:

In wingnut world, the govt had nothing to do with the development of the internet :cuckoo:

You have a comprehension problem???? Harry stated "the govt had nothing to do with the business boom on the Internet"
Seems in Wingnut World that words need to be twisted to get desired results. :cuckoo:

But, but, but

In wingnut world, the govt had nothing to do with the development of the internet :cuckoo:

which has what to do with what we were talking about?......jobs
since everyone in existence knows the Military developed it i want to see where you got that Info.....sounds like Dean has been mentoring you.........

Last edited:

Forum List

Back