Which policies in 2012 will sway your vote?

Which of these issues could sway your vote?

• Obama, becasue Mitt will invade Iran

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Obama, because the GOP & Ryan will kill SS & Medicare

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Obama, to bring back the 14,000 factories the GOP moved to China

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Obama, or else global warming will get really bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obama, for fair taxes, or "only little people" will pay taxes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mitt, or Obama's energy policies will destroy US economy

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Mitt, Obamacare shows complete incompetence

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Mitt, beacause the EPA is totally out of control

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Mitt, to save the US dollar and our way of life

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Mitt, because we cling to our guns and religion

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
The issues that will most sway my vote are:

1. The rapid expansion of corporatist government.

2. Intrusive and meddlesome foreign policy.

3. Intrusive and meddlesome domestic policy.

Which of course means I can vote for neither Romney nor Obama. I'll probably vote Libertarian if they nominate Johnson, or possibly someone else if a better independent runs.

Last edited:
2. Freedom of Speech. It is our greatest right, and I cannot support a party (the Democrats) that uses Political Correctness as a weapon, a bludgeon, to control the issues. We have already begun to lose this freedom, and I see no signs of this reversing.

The irony of this, of course, is that liberals over the decades have been the greater advocates and defenders of free speech in the courts. Indeed, we’ve recently had threads here concerning the republican controlled Arizona legislature passing a measure designed to limit free speech.

The problem with voting for a republican for president is we’d end up with the likes of Scalia and Thomas on the Supreme Court again, which would not bode well for anyone’s civil liberties.

The American Left uses Political Correctness on an ongoing basis. Every day, all the time. They continue to use it because it continues to work. If you're really going to deny that, let's just not proceed.

Perhaps. But unlike republicans they don’t attempt to codify it.

First, the blog entries that you cite don't even claim that any of the words were banned. They don't mention the political leanings of any of the educators. That some educator(s) think banning them (from tests.........not from use) is a good idea does not support the claim that Democrats want to take away anyone's freedom of speech nor that they are using political correctness at all as a weapon.

Uh...ar........are you suggesting that the New York City Department of Education is comprised of....Republicans??!?!? :lmao: Tell you what. Let's start with two words, Anita Hill, and move forward from there.

I swear to almighty Christ, LL, you are precisely why rDean and Truthmatters shouldn't mate.

That's cute and all.....but how about proving the claim instead of getting your feelings hurt by being shown how off base you are.

The examples provided fall short. Try again, please.

bring back the 14,000 factories the GOP moved to China

Really? The GOP moved 14,000 factories to China? link???

Its common knowledge that about 3,000,000 US manufacturing jobs and about 14,000 US factories were moved overseas during the 1980s and after.
Companies Moving White-Collar Jobs Abroad - ABC News

Wall Street chased cheap labor, and are only recently rediscovering that the US workers are the best and are moving jobs back. Note that Wall Street = GOP, a bit of a pass for democrats who did little in the 1990s to keep US jobs here.

Whoever is going to step up and do something to help the middle class. Thats who gets my vote. The guy out there who mostly represents the hard working lower income people who others think they arent worth more than they are being paid.

"Bingo. The wealthy believe in cheap labor. Paying more hurts their bottom line. I call it being cheap.

Whoever is going to step up and do something to help the middle class. Thats who gets my vote. The guy out there who mostly represents the hard working lower income people who others think they arent worth more than they are being paid.

I'd have to get over the knowledge that I know they are bullshitting me when they say they care about the middle class or that they will do anything at all to help the middle class. I am not sure I will ever believe that line of bullshit coming out of a politician's mouth as long as I live.

Immie

bring back the 14,000 factories the GOP moved to China

Really? The GOP moved 14,000 factories to China? link???

Its common knowledge that about 3,000,000 US manufacturing jobs and about 14,000 US factories were moved overseas during the 1980s and after.
Companies Moving White-Collar Jobs Abroad - ABC News

Wall Street chased cheap labor, and are only recently rediscovering that the US workers are the best and are moving jobs back. Note that Wall Street = GOP, a bit of a pass for democrats who did little in the 1990s to keep US jobs here.

Free-Trade is what outsourced jobs. And both parties whole-heartedly support Free-Trade.

Free-Trade also helps solidify tax havens into US law.

For the life of me, I don't know how anyone can vote for these backstabbing assholes who support free-trade.

Forum List

Back