Which party best represents "Libertarian" values?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I have never liked narrowly defined political membership. However, in the opinion of those on this forum, which party; the Democrats or Republicans better represents the classical "Libertarian" view?

I have never liked narrowly defined political membership. However, in the opinion of those on this forum, which party; the Democrats or Republicans better represents the classical "Libertarian" view?
Neither... Or... The same. I mean they SAY different things... But they both DO the same things... So ... No difference.

Edit: Well... Damn... I should have read the whole thread first and not typed out anything.

Neither. But, my experience is that you will find more libertarian views in the GOP than in the Dems.
True... However I would speculate that the majority of those people won't be voting for Obama or Mitt this year... Which... Hurts republicans.

We've got DEMs here in Tennessee that are to the right of GW Bush.. And I agree -- you'll find Libertarian views in both camps.

In particular on foreign policy and use of military force -- there's not a ounce of diff. Same on perfecting the BASIC functions of govt -- like enforcing immigration, ensuring honest and accurate elections and following the Constitution.

Until we have parties based on PRINCIPLE and consistent PHILOSOPHY --- it's a Coke vs Pepsi type of choice.

Libertarians are not left nor right, they are their own breed.

He's a fucking Canadian dumbass. It literally doesnt matter if he is Hitlers jewish stepson.

Wake up idiot

AND ---- that's why I don't support REP/DEMs anymore... Grandpa would sooner HANG us than try to get our vote.

Since i found out that James Carville and Mary Matalin were "doing it" on the campaign trail in 1992, I don't take mediocrity for an answer.

The ultra partisian warriors laugh all the way home about how gullible Americans are about Political Parties.

He's a fucking Canadian dumbass. It literally doesnt matter if he is Hitlers jewish stepson.

Wake up idiot

AND ---- that's why I don't support REP/DEMs anymore... Grandpa would sooner HANG us than try to get our vote.
Since i found out that James Carville and Mary Matalin were "doing it" on the campaign trail in 1992, I don't take mediocrity for an answer.

The ultra partisian warriors laugh all the way home about how gullible Americans are about Political Parties.

Support whomever you like. Im not running for anything so I really dont give a shit about your vote. Especially considering you would say something so fucking stupid.

Neither. But, my experience is that you will find more libertarian views in the GOP than in the Dems.
True... However I would speculate that the majority of those people won't be voting for Obama or Mitt this year... Which... Hurts republicans.

I will be voting for Mitt, and my main views are libertarian, in the Ayn Rand sense of the party.

Libertarians are absolutely on the Right of the Political Spectrum. You just don't understand it, Which you prove all the time by calling people like myself "Far Right"

lol

Libertarians are not left nor right. There are many faux libertarians like yourself that think they are right on the political spectrum.

If you ask a real libertarian what they think about Obama, they will tell you he is a piece of shit. Then when you ask what they think about Willard, they will also tell you he is a piece of shit.

Like I stated before, libertarians are their own breed that think both the democrats and republicans are trash.

In Practice Neither, In theory Republicans.
In rhetoric republicans are libertarians...In practice, they're lolberal democratics.

Forum List

Back