Which part of the US will succumb, to SEA LEVEL RISE, first?

Code, temperatures were 'projected' to climb in the southwest. The prediction is several decades old. So, have they climbed in the southwest? Care to ask any of the firefighters there that question right now?

I thought we were talking about sea level rise...

Today's massive thunderstorms killed 13; NE Florida, plus SE Ga., are still under severe flood warnings. INLAND water is the big problem now.

As this summer progresses, if we see a repeat of the last two years, 2010, and 2011, I think it safe to say that we are starting to see the predicted climate change, with attendent disasters. Disasters that will increasingly affect agriculture and require increasing amounts of our national and personal income to ameliorate.

It's like 1930's all over again.

The 30's followed an unusually wet period in the Great Plains. Before that, nobody settled there because it was thought to the "Great American Desert".

Why do you attack those who point at cyclical or transient weather as climate change and then do the same thing yourself?

Dust Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we have the usual deniers flapping yap, but what do the people that deal with extreme weather on a daily basis have to say?

http://www.munichre.com/app_pages/w...s/durban_2011/press_folder_durban_2011_en.pdf

The number of major weather-related natural
catastrophes has almost tripled since 1980. The
number of flood loss events has gone up by a factor of
more than three, and the number of windstorm natural
catastrophes has more than doubled.

If a storm occurs in the mid Pacific and peters out before it ever touches anything made by man, is that a weather catastrophe?

If a much smaller storm hits washington DC and knocks over some trees and delays a televised golf game, is that weather catastrophe?

Just trying to get the propaganda to English dictionary straightened out.

Last edited:
Code, temperatures were 'projected' to climb in the southwest. The prediction is several decades old. So, have they climbed in the southwest? Care to ask any of the firefighters there that question right now?

Were and are. The people studying the climate made the predictions of a drying out of the southwest decades ago, and we seeing that in spades right now. These same people, using data collected by many differant researchers, are stating that the East coast has a very high vulnebility to sea level rise, compared to other places. And they gave their reasons for making that statement.

The people like Swiss Re and Munich Re that deal with weather worldwide state unequivolcally that we are not dealing with a 'cycle'. We are dealing with a real change in climate and the affects on our infrastructure and agriculture. Somehow, I find their presentation of data more impresive than a recitiation of 'Conservative' bromides and talking points, sans any evidence whatsoever for those talking points.

Were and are. The people studying the climate made the predictions of a drying out of the southwest decades ago, and we seeing that in spades right now. These same people, using data collected by many differant researchers, are stating that the East coast has a very high vulnebility to sea level rise, compared to other places. And they gave their reasons for making that statement.

gloria_pic_25.jpg

image.JPG

First was 1985 second was 1938

Don't need to "Collect (usually means 'alter' when Warmers deal with it) data" to figure it out

Aw, CrosstardPunk noticed some big, old storms.

I hope one of the Obamneys re-ups some infrastructure, before Katrina II and III make landfall.

You know, Crosstard, black Obamney promises to make climate change a priority. If he gets re-elected. I don't think we are going to vote for him, anyway, agreed?

A whole ARMY of warmers licking their chops for the Big One to hit -- so that they can recruit more converts.. Ain't that just scientific and warm-hearted..

Good thing Alzheimer researchers don't spend a lot of their time praying for dementia rates to go up...

Is there any data on probability of the earth falling into the sea out West before the water rises and envelopes the land? There seem to be a lot of mudslides out there.

Is there any data on probability of the earth falling into the sea out West before the water rises and envelopes the land? There seem to be a lot of mudslides out there.

First ever good comment, by Fatass! I'll be danged.

A lot of the land in Cali shouldn't be used, for construction, of homes, but people build, without sufficient stability or drainage.

California won't be going, into the sea, as much as the East Coast and NOLA, so check out the OP, which explains how trade currents are disrupted, jeopardizing Cape Hatteras to Boston, particularly. The Earth rotates, in that direction. So SLR will build up, on land, facing toward the East.

Cali will suffer catastrophic earthquakes, sooner, or later, made even more likely, by rising sea levels.

Last edited:
Punkotardy and Fatass, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

First comes queer. Then comes gay. Then down come bitches, who shouldn't get paid.

Do you Log Cabin Club punks have anything to write, about SLR, or do you just like to suck, at the same time?

First comes queer. Then comes gay. Then down come bitches, who shouldn't get paid.

Do you Log Cabin Club punks have anything to write, about SLR, or do you just like to suck, at the same time?

ghey

s0n........so tell us. Were you or were you not always the last kid picked for the team??!!!:2up: Dang s0n.......how the fuck does anybody exist in such a perpetual state of misery? Gotta face the issues some day s0n.............

Last edited:

ghey

s0n........so tell us. Were you or were you not always the last kid picked for the team??!!!:2up: Dang s0n.......how the fuck does anybody exist in such a perpetual state of misery? Gotta face the issues some day s0n.............
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h20hW9dUdwk&feature=share]Bully learns his lesson - YouTube[/ame]

Booboo thinks he's so tough picking on people who don't fight back. Then one does.

Funny vid, Pig Shitz. Do you fantacize, about getting attacked, by smaller people, in grade school? Are you kinda big, for a piece of pig-shit? Maybe sucksassandballs will try to knock the stupid look off your stupid face, in whatever grade you two are held back.

Sucksassandballs beats you up, at loading suggestive but irrelevant shit. Maybe you can put him up, to swatting at you, without taking his backpack off, first. In other news, unrelated to SLR, Anderson Cooper steps out, and chimpanzees dragged a guy, into their enclosure and give what for. They let go, when handlers shot one, in the abdomen.

You sure are too queer, to load a study or a report or a graph, aren't you, Pig Shitz.

ghey

It's easy to see exactly what kind of zombie queerboy you grew up to be, sucksassandballs. You think of winning at Plants vs. Zombies as a game, which you just have to win, by being a zombie. You think of being on a team, like any queer, desperate for acceptance, based on your perversity.

Since I won't be trying out, for YOUR TEAM, eat shit and pick assholes, sucksassandballs. I'll just have to live, with football memories and old-man tennis, without you pickers, into noses and assholes, both. Pick away, suck.

Forum List

Back