Which One Of This Year's Rookie QBs Will Have The Best Career?

I have watched Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, and even last year's crop (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc.), and I have to wonder which of these quarterbacks will have the longest and most productive careers.

I am always reminded of the Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham type of quarterbacks, and of the Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino type of quarterbacks.

RG III and Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham prototypes.

Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and most of the others, are the prototypical drop-back passers, even though Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and a few others are quite mobile.

After watching this year's excellent crop all play, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Andrew Luck is the BEST of them all.

Andrew Luck is the ONLY rookie or 2nd year quarterback that I have seen, who carries himself like a VETERAN quarterback. He is so polished, it's scary. You would never know he is a rookie. He has all the tools, all the physical skills, and the football "smarts" to be an impact quarterback in the same mold as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I like RG III and his entertainment value, but his longevity is in question because of the TYPE of quarterback he is.

Andrew Luck deserved to go to the Pro Bowl ahead of RG III. I honestly believe that the fact that RG III got a lot more hype and exposure in a much larger media market, and he is a BLACK quarterback, is the only reason why he was selected over Luck. The same criteria applied with Cam Newton last season.

Russell Wilson may be the first of them to win a Superbowl.

I agree that Andrew Luck is the best overall. He would have been the number one pick for the last 2 years if he had come out early.

I have watched Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, and even last year's crop (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc.), and I have to wonder which of these quarterbacks will have the longest and most productive careers.

I am always reminded of the Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham type of quarterbacks, and of the Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino type of quarterbacks.

RG III and Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham prototypes.

Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and most of the others, are the prototypical drop-back passers, even though Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and a few others are quite mobile.

After watching this year's excellent crop all play, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Andrew Luck is the BEST of them all.

Andrew Luck is the ONLY rookie or 2nd year quarterback that I have seen, who carries himself like a VETERAN quarterback. He is so polished, it's scary. You would never know he is a rookie. He has all the tools, all the physical skills, and the football "smarts" to be an impact quarterback in the same mold as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I like RG III and his entertainment value, but his longevity is in question because of the TYPE of quarterback he is.

Andrew Luck deserved to go to the Pro Bowl ahead of RG III. I honestly believe that the fact that RG III got a lot more hype and exposure in a much larger media market, and he is a BLACK quarterback, is the only reason why he was selected over Luck. The same criteria applied with Cam Newton last season.

Oh please.Luck was playing an east schedule the whole year.Where Russel Wilson shreadded to pieces the 49ers who have the best defense in the league and has beat Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers and Rg3 given he was playing on a bad leg.But unlike Rg,Wilson did not throw a pick and kept his poise and was able to come back and win that game on the road in the playoffs.I'll take Wilson anyday of the year over Luck.

I think Luck will in part because he will have the longest career. RG III isnt going to last -- those type QBs never do. Also we are still waiting for an RG III / Vick type to win a super bowl. It still pretty much is the domain of the classic drop back QB -- and that is andrew LUck.

And im pretty sure it WONT be Nick Foles

That being said i think RG III has earned ROY over Luck and Wilson. He had the better year

Last edited:
Wilson has thrown more TDs in his first season than the rookie season of the previous record holder... one P. Manning.

Wilson has won more playoff games than Bobby3G and Lucky.

Just sayin...

Wilson has thrown more TDs in his first season than the rookie season of the previous record holder... one P. Manning.

Wilson has won more playoff games than Bobby3G and Lucky.

Just sayin...

Before the season began I would have picked RG3 to be the best.Reason being is because I knew all about him where even I knew Wilson was going to be a great quarterback sometime in the future just from watching that preseason game against the Kansas City Clowns here where I live in Kc,I knew Carrol made the right choice making him the starter over Flynn, but I never thought he would be great like he is in just his first year and especially since he was playing a much tougher schedule than Luck who I would say comes in second the way he turned the Colts franchise around but like I said,I give it to Wilson him playing a much tougher schedule than Luck,then Luck comes in second.Cant take anything away from a guy who took a team from just two wins the previous year to an 11-5 record.

Forum List

Back