Which One Of This Year's Rookie QBs Will Have The Best Career?

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
I have watched Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, and even last year's crop (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc.), and I have to wonder which of these quarterbacks will have the longest and most productive careers.

I am always reminded of the Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham type of quarterbacks, and of the Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino type of quarterbacks.

RG III and Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham prototypes.

Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and most of the others, are the prototypical drop-back passers, even though Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and a few others are quite mobile.

After watching this year's excellent crop all play, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Andrew Luck is the BEST of them all.

Andrew Luck is the ONLY rookie or 2nd year quarterback that I have seen, who carries himself like a VETERAN quarterback. He is so polished, it's scary. You would never know he is a rookie. He has all the tools, all the physical skills, and the football "smarts" to be an impact quarterback in the same mold as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I like RG III and his entertainment value, but his longevity is in question because of the TYPE of quarterback he is.

Andrew Luck deserved to go to the Pro Bowl ahead of RG III. I honestly believe that the fact that RG III got a lot more hype and exposure in a much larger media market, and he is a BLACK quarterback, is the only reason why he was selected over Luck. The same criteria applied with Cam Newton last season.

Last edited:
Luck will have a better career because of longevity

RGIII deserved the probowl because he has had a greater impact on total offense. I doubt if he will go anyway

There is no way Luck could have pulled off what Wilson did to SF two weeks ago or racked up two 50 plus point games like Wilson did the Previous two Sundays. If he could he would have. The Colts play some weak teams just like the Seahawks do as well as every NFL team. The Seahawks are the only team to do it like that since the 1940's.

The fact that Luck is a turn over machine will keep him out of a Super Bowl. You can't play catch up to win for your own Boo-boo's with the elite teams.

There is no way Luck could have pulled off what Wilson did to SF two weeks ago or racked up two 50 plus point games like Wilson did the Previous two Sundays. If he could he would have. The Colts play some weak teams just like the Seahawks do as well as every NFL team. The Seahawks are the only team to do it like that since the 1940's.

The fact that Luck is a turn over machine will keep him out of a Super Bowl. You can't play catch up to win for your own Boo-boo's with the elite teams.

Did Wilson enter this season playing for a team that won TWO games in 2011, and did Wilson start this season with a bunch of untested and unknown players on both offense and defense? Coming into this season, the Colts were one of those "weak" teams.

I find it interesting that you seem to give all the credit for Seattle's success to Wilson. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Seahawks have a few dozen other players who have also contributed greatly to their success this year.

Without a shadow of a doubt:
Andrew Luck

Without a shadow of a doubt:
Andrew Luck

I agree. I think Luck may be the next Peyton Maning.

Last edited:

Did Wilson enter this season playing for a team that won TWO games in 2011, and did Wilson start this season with a bunch of untested and unknown players on both offense and defense? Coming into this season, the Colts were one of those "weak" teams.

I find it interesting that you seem to give all the credit for Seattle's success to Wilson. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Seahawks have a few dozen other players who have also contributed greatly to their success this year.

Tell it to the hand. Only an idiot would believe that a team would go from one of the best in the league with Manning to the very next year a two fer and just MIRACULOUSLY make the playoffs the next year with your savior Lucky boy. Youy might be able to convence some stooge that you has a legitimate 2 win team... BULLSHIT!! You were 2 and whatever SO you could get Lucky Boi.

You can't manufacture wins....but you sure CAN manufacture losses.

Last edited:

Tell it to the hand. Only an idiot would believe that a team would go from one of the best in the league with Manning to the very next year a two fer and just MIRACULOUSLY make the playoffs the next year with your savior Lucky boy. Youy might be able to convence some stooge that you has a legitimate 2 win team... BULLSHIT!! You were 2 and whatever SO you could get Lucky Boi.

Ironic, considering how you seem to have been making it sound like Wilson has manufactured wins. :tongue:

The Colts were built around Manning. The defense was all about speed, so that when the offense got a lead, they could go after the qb. Hell, in their SB year, they were the worst rushing defense ever in the regular season, but somehow were able to get it together for the playoff run.

Wilson is a very good qb, but he has a much better team around him than Luck. Seattle looked like they could be a playoff team before Wilson was ever named the starter.

Wilson may be the better qb, but I find it ridiculous that you think the Colts intentionally tanked the season. I could see someone in management wanting to do it, maybe, but for the whole organization to go along with it I just can't swallow.

Andrew Luck will have the best career. He turned the Colts around, with. No running back, a bad offensive line and a poor defense. The Colts have lots of rookies.

Ironic, considering how you seem to have been making it sound like Wilson has manufactured wins. :tongue:

The Colts were built around Manning. The defense was all about speed, so that when the offense got a lead, they could go after the qb. Hell, in their SB year, they were the worst rushing defense ever in the regular season, but somehow were able to get it together for the playoff run.

Wilson is a very good qb, but he has a much better team around him than Luck. Seattle looked like they could be a playoff team before Wilson was ever named the starter.

Wilson may be the better qb, but I find it ridiculous that you think the Colts intentionally tanked the season. I could see someone in management wanting to do it, maybe, but for the whole organization to go along with it I just can't swallow.

Not everybody swallows...some spit! :lol:

I have watched Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, and even last year's crop (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc.), and I have to wonder which of these quarterbacks will have the longest and most productive careers.

I am always reminded of the Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham type of quarterbacks, and of the Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino type of quarterbacks.

RG III and Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham prototypes.

Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and most of the others, are the prototypical drop-back passers, even though Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and a few others are quite mobile.

After watching this year's excellent crop all play, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Andrew Luck is the BEST of them all.

Andrew Luck is the ONLY rookie or 2nd year quarterback that I have seen, who carries himself like a VETERAN quarterback. He is so polished, it's scary. You would never know he is a rookie. He has all the tools, all the physical skills, and the football "smarts" to be an impact quarterback in the same mold as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I like RG III and his entertainment value, but his longevity is in question because of the TYPE of quarterback he is.

Andrew Luck deserved to go to the Pro Bowl ahead of RG III. I honestly believe that the fact that RG III got a lot more hype and exposure in a much larger media market, and he is a BLACK quarterback, is the only reason why he was selected over Luck. The same criteria applied with Cam Newton last season.

I think you missed one by not noting Colin Kaepernick. The guy is a machine. If he isn't hurt I think he's got all the tools to be one of the greatest. Keep in mind I've been a Niner Season Ticket holder since John Brodie and watched Y.A., Joe, Steve and Jeff Garcia.

I think you missed one by not noting Colin Kaepernick. The guy is a machine. If he isn't hurt I think he's got all the tools to be one of the greatest. Keep in mind I've been a Niner Season Ticket holder since John Brodie and watched Y.A., Joe, Steve and Jeff Garcia.

Colin isn't a rookie.

First of all, I am not a Colts fan. I am a Patriots fan. But I am objective, and I am not a homer like you are.

Secondly, you obviously know NOTHING about the turnover in personnel the Colts had between last season and this season. Going into this season, I honestly had the Colts as winning 3 or 4 games, and I am certainly not alone in that belief.

Stay in your own lane. Stick with the Seahawks and the king of NCAA violations that coaches the Seahawks.

YA Tittle? damn...you are old

First of all, I am not a Colts fan. I am a Patriots fan. But I am objective, and I am not a homer like you are.

Secondly, you obviously know NOTHING about the turnover in personnel the Colts had between last season and this season. Going into this season, I honestly had the Colts as winning 3 or 4 games, and I am certainly not alone in that belief.

Stay in your own lane. Stick with the Seahawks and the king of NCAA violations that coaches the Seahawks.

obviously :lol:

I am aware that the Seahawks are one if not the youngest team in the nfl. All this talk about Seattle being this great team that had their ticket punched for the playoffs since spring training is nonsense. NOBODY in Seattle expected this much success...NOBODY.

Now that we have a few games under our belt and a few incredible blow outs we NOW know what we have and we feel very fortunate to having this many young players playing at such a high level. No matter how we do in the playoffs any talk of how the Seahawks are in a great position to advance into next seasons leaders is well founded.

I grew up very close to Kezar, at nine years old I'd go to games (cost to get in .50 cents) and watch Y.A. toss the Alley Opp to R.C.; watch Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Joe Arneas, run the ball and at games end pick up cushions and get a nickle for each. Sometimes I'd go home with several dollars. Yep, I'm that old. BTW, Hugh McElhenney was a great back for the Huskies.

So, Redskins at home. What's your prediction?

I grew up very close to Kezar, at nine years old I'd go to games (cost to get in .50 cents) and watch Y.A. toss the Alley Opp to R.C.; watch Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Joe Arneas, run the ball and at games end pick up cushions and get a nickle for each. Sometimes I'd go home with several dollars. Yep, I'm that old. BTW, Hugh McElhenney was a great back for the Huskies.

So, Redskins at home. What's your prediction?

So did this guy...

$MV5BMjA5MzQ0MDU5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTg4MzMyNw@@__V1__CR324,0,1347,1347_SS99_.jpg

The "Scorpio Killer" in Dirty Harry! :eek:

obviously :lol:

I am aware that the Seahawks are one if not the youngest team in the nfl. All this talk about Seattle being this great team that had their ticket punched for the playoffs since spring training is nonsense. NOBODY in Seattle expected this much success...NOBODY.

Now that we have a few games under our belt and a few incredible blow outs we NOW know what we have and we feel very fortunate to having this many young players playing at such a high level. No matter how we do in the playoffs any talk of how the Seahawks are in a great position to advance into next seasons leaders is well founded.

But people probably expected some success; they were close last year with Tavaris Jackson, ffs! It wouldn't require a great qb to improve on that. :tongue:

Wilson has been an unexpected boon for the Seahawks, but he has not had to carry the team. With that defense and Lynch churning out the yards, he's had less of a 'thrown into the fire' kind of season than Luck.

That doesn't make Luck better, but the Colts have certainly had a larger margin of improvement.

Forum List

Back