Which of these issues is most important to you?

Taxation of earnings from labor is on a par with forced labor. Seizing the results of

• Economy

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Healthcare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foreign Policy

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Civil Liberties

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Education

• Energy Policy

• Immigration

• Taxes

• Social Issues (abortion, gay marriage, etc...)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

• Total voters
Taxation of earnings from labor is on a par with forced labor.

It is indeed. Taxing a man's labor is immoral, IMO, regardless of how that revenue is used by the government. There's a reason income taxes were outlawed from the founding of the country until the Progressive took over.

That some of those taxes get redistributed to other citizens makes it even worse. After all, how is forcing some people to labor on behalf other people not slavery?

It is worth mentioning that if the federal government lived within the confines of the enumerated powers of the Constitution, there would be no need for an income tax. Worked beautifully for 137 years...until the central planners convinced us that they know what's best for everyone. $16 trillion of debt later, we now see just how wrong they were.

The anti-taxation argument is the domain of teh stupid. They will never understand that taxes are not "redistributed" to the poor, they pay for everything from highways to their senators' wages, from war machines to yes, programs to keep Americans from starving.

That they are completely unwilling to participate in making the United States of America country strong, educated, compassionate, modern, efficient, and effective makes me wonder if they'd be happier in some other country.

The anti-taxation argument is the domain of teh stupid. They will never understand that taxes are not "redistributed" to the poor, they pay for everything from highways to their senators' wages, from war machines to yes, programs to keep Americans from starving.

That they are completely unwilling to participate in making the United States of America country strong, educated, compassionate, modern, efficient, and effective makes me wonder if they'd be happier in some other country.

You seem to think things like being educated or having morals and all that othe stuff you listed can't be achieved without government?

Why did you leave honesty and integrity out of the menu?

he's not familiar with the concepts

See other.

Anyone who likes Romney or Obama isn't interested in that anyway.

Why did you leave honesty and integrity out of the menu?

See other.

thanks for making my point

Or maybe we just think that coercion and violence aren't the best methods for achieving those results?

See other.

thanks for making my point

I'll try one more time I guess. You got any substance to discuss or just wanna throw out arbitrary one liners?

Taxation of earnings from labor is on a par with forced labor.

In your opinion, perhaps; but not as a matter of law and public policy.

I want no taxes actually.

Idiocy.

I want the 10th amendment followed...pure and simple.

It is being ‘followed,’ exactly as intended by the Framers.

Has quote in signature about unalienable right to propery.
Says government can take my property.

The anti-taxation argument is the domain of teh stupid.

That would be "the". Now what were you saying about being stupid?

They will never understand that taxes are not "redistributed" to the poor,

All taxes, no. Some...hell yes.

they pay for everything from highways

Nothing in the enumerated powers about highways.

...to yes, programs to keep Americans from starving.

Amazing how few starved before all these entitlement programs. In fact, America's poor have always been rich compared to the rest of the world. Before the income tax, more poor became middle class and more middle class became rich than at any point in human history. But you know better I'm sure...:eusa_shifty:

Funny, we were all those things before income tax and the rise of the central planners. Tell you what, why don't you support the law of the land...or perhaps you'd be happier in some other country???

You seem to think things like being educated or having morals and all that othe stuff you listed can't be achieved without government?

Obviously not. Look at how many stupid threads are started by people that have no clue what they're talking about, they simply bloviate because their party is able to hold the rest of Congress, and therefore democracy, hostage. They avoid true patriotism, interpreting it in their own image, much like their god. They can't get out of the doublewide long enough to connect with the rest of society, they are completely disconnected. Their "morals" are neither theirs nor are they morals. If government of, by, and for ALL the people is reduced to a plutocracy ruled over by corporate sharks and policed by a radical fringe, leaving the general population to their own devices with no recourse or justice then this country is FUBAR'd.

Forum List

Back