Which of the following spectrums describes the United States political philosophy?

Which spectrum explains American political philosophy?

• A

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • B

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
A is actually based on the European political spectrum, B is the American one. For clarification.

Correct answer: Both A and B.

And the Vogons control both!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbN1NaQ7yQI]Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy-Vogons - YouTube[/ame]

politicalspectrum2.jpg

Fixed.

A is based on political science.
B is so deeply flawed that is almost like an unfunny joke..

So A.

So what are the flaws?

And what political science is A based on?

Do you seriously not see it? It seems to suggest that all dictators, fascist or communist, are leftists, WTF? Does the person who made this seriously think that there is no such thing as a right wing authoritarian government? Do you?

It's all based on what you consider "right wing." Today’s right wing is near 100% equal to a progressive liberal. In fact Bush/Obama/Dems/republicans are so far left or "Big Government" that there is no center. For instance, tell me what "center" looks like if you compared Bush's policies to Obama's policies...

No need to fix there sport. Sorry you don't agree.

I'm not sorry, Jeeze how partisan screwy can you get?

Name a dictator that ruled using "Small or very limited Government" and actually lived up to it that ended up killing their own people by the masses...

You seem to take offence to someone saying "left" or "Progressive" leads to a dictatorship when in reality there is nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative as long as it lives within our constitution. Today both conservative and liberal have almost no restraints on their power grabs.

No need to fix there sport. Sorry you don't agree.

I'm not sorry, Jeeze how partisan screwy can you get?

Name a dictator that ruled using "Small or very limited Government" and actually lived up to it that ended up killing their own people by the masses...

You seem to take offence to someone saying "left" or "Progressive" leads to a dictatorship when in reality there is nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative as long as it lives within our constitution. Today both conservative and liberal have almost no restraints on their power grabs.
Unless one happens to be a Classical Liberal...:eusa_shhh:

I have no problem with the concept that extreme left is likely to be authoritarian and repressive, but for anyone to even suggest that the same is not true of extreme right is to reject decades of mainstream political science for a fairy tale.

I have no problem with the concept that extreme left is likely to be authoritarian and repressive, but for anyone to even suggest that the same is not true of extreme right is to reject decades of mainstream political science for a fairy tale.

It's very true of the right, but only when the someone redefines "conservative" to mean Progressive liberal. I mean you can’t really call someone “conservative” if they support growing near every department of Government and support having to borrow Trillions over what is taken in every year to make it happen. Well, you can, but like I said you have to redefine the definitions.

Good God, It's pure comedy gold up in here!

Simple question, was Bush a "Small Government" conservative or a "Big Government" Neocon?

Next question... What's the difference between a Bush Neocon and a Obama Progressive liberal based on policy?

And another question.
What does the Constitution and a 'slinky' have in common?

Most in congress, nor our Presidents have any interested in either of them them?

Simple question, was Bush a "Small Government" conservative or a "Big Government" Neocon?

Next question... What's the difference between a Bush Neocon and a Obama Progressive liberal based on policy?

=======

Both of them and practically all our politicians are center to extreme rightists. Even our "leftists" are still pretty far right when compared with the full spectrum of political thought. I laugh at this perception that Obama is a leftist, real leftists know they have no friend in Obama, far from it.

=======

Both of them and practically all our politicians are center to extreme rightists. Even our "leftists" are still pretty far right when compared with the full spectrum of political thought. I laugh at this perception that Obama is a leftist, real leftists know they have no friend in Obama, far from it.

You did not even come close to answering my questions. I asked where Bush stood then the difference between Bush and Obama. I doubt there is a person on these boards that thinks the US is "far left" in context to world politics, however we are extreme far left in US politics.

=======

You did not even come close to answering my questions. I asked where Bush stood then the difference between Bush and Obama. I doubt there is a person on these boards that thinks the US is "far left" in context to world politics, however we are extreme far left in US politics.

Sure I did, I said they were both much the same as rightists, as to the further distinction of Big or Small government I also see little difference, our government is going to be big no matter how many ideologues attempt to sabotage it into ineffectiveness.

Option A:
European-political-spectrum.png

Option B:
Political_Spectrum2.gif

So just Avatar and myself have an opinion? How strange...with the anonymity of the internet you would think others would have an opinion.

You don't allow much response time for those of us who are not hungrily awaiting your next brain blurp. :D

I say both, accordingly... A is what many seem to want 'us' to see and know, but B fits in how so many are equipped to understand. :dunno:

Forum List

Back