Which of the following is the most important to you...

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Which of the following is the most important to you, when it comes to the governance of this Republic?

1) Your political party team regaining power, or staying in power

2) Voting all the incumbents out of office, even if you believe your elected has done his or her elected job.

3) As long as your taxes don't go up, you don't care what the employees in Washington do.

4) You don't care because you are tired of fighting it year after year.

5) The Constitution being strictly adhered to no matter the circumstance. Any current government program that you don't believe is congruent with the Constitution, should be done away with.

6) You used to be true blue partisan, but this last election opened up your eyes. You are re-evaluating your beliefs and no longer interested in being a political party cheerleader.

Last edited:
Which of the following is the most important to you, when it comes to the governance of this Republic?

2) Voting all the incumbents out of office, even if you believe your elected has done his or her elected job.

3) As long as your taxes don't go up, you don't care what the employees in Washington do.

4) Your don't care because you are tired of fighting it year after year.

5) The Constitution being strictly adhered to no matter the circumstance. Any current government program that you don't believe is congruent with the Constitution, should be done away with.

6) You used to be true blue partisan, but this last election opened up your eyes. You are re-evaluating your beliefs and no longer interested in being a political party cheerleader.

I don't think #5 is going to happen and I hate it.

I'm probably a mix of #1,#4 and #6 these days. I'm not sure where I fit anymore.

The people are not for the constitution the constitution is for the people.

None of the above.

I want to see the US succeed and prosper as a democratic republic designed to serve the people and their persuit of happiness.

pretty superficial concerns...

except your number 5... but given that 9 justices can't agree on what the constitution means, it's the height of arrogance if anyone thinks that THEY are the arbiter of what is constitutional.

All of the choices are .... for the lack of better expression ... retarded. As well as typically and exclusively American (no, I'm not equating retarded with American here, even though it might seem that way, mkay.) So unfortunately, I can't make a choice. Voting is not a sport - cheering for some stupid-ass team despite their performance. Voting is an exercise in intelligence, protecting one's self-interest, and working towards greater-good. When one's considering a candidate, they should be as color-blind as when recruiting a new employee and look only at their track-record and agenda.

Taxes... I wish (some) Americans would finally realize that taxes = roads, hospitals, clean air, clean water, education, etc... therefore, taxes are not the government robbing you, but actually the government making life for you possible. I mean, really... when will you get over this exaggerated tax-phobia?

Last edited:

I don't think #5 is going to happen and I hate it.

I'm probably a mix of #1,#4 and #6 these days. I'm not sure where I fit anymore.

If you see yourself as a mix of #1, #4, and #6, that means you are politically constipated. I hope you find relief soon.

pretty superficial concerns...

except your number 5... but given that 9 justices can't agree on what the constitution means, it's the height of arrogance if anyone thinks that THEY are the arbiter of what is constitutional.

You don't think most citizens in this Republic fall under one of the categories, in one way or another? Superficial is what I was pointing out, and on purpose I might add.

As to #5 I was speaking from an employee perspective (i.e. citizen of the U.S. ) All of the categories are from that perspective. Why did you bring up the SCOTUS?

All of the choices are .... for the lack of better expression ... retarded. As well as typically and exclusively American (no, I'm not equating retarded with American here, even though it might seem that way, mkay.) So unfortunately, I can't make a choice. Voting is not a sport - cheering for some stupid-ass team despite their performance. Voting is an exercise in intelligence, protecting one's self-interest, and working towards greater-good. When one's considering a candidate, they should be as color-blind as when recruiting a new employee and look only at their track-record and agenda.

Taxes... I wish (some) Americans would finally realize that taxes = roads, hospitals, clean air, clean water, education, etc... therefore, taxes are not the government robbing you, but actually the government making life for you possible. I mean, really... when will you get over this exaggerated tax-phobia?
The obvious has flown right over your head.

The people are not for the constitution the constitution is for the people.

None of the above.

I want to see the US succeed and prosper as a democratic republic designed to serve the people and their persuit of happiness.

If it is none of the above, what is the foundation of governance, emotions?

You do remember the whole fucking design of a democratic government is to serve the people in their pursuit of happiness right?

The obvious has flown right over your head.

:lol: Oh really? I don't believe so. Can you explain which part exactly 'flew right over my head'? I'm interested ...

You do remember the whole fucking design of a democratic government is to serve the people in their pursuit of happiness right?

I asked you a specific question. Will you be giving a direct answer, or continuing to deflect? What you posted here did not answer the question.

I asked you a specific question. Will you be giving a direct answer, or continuing to deflect? What you posted here did not answer the question.

The will of the people.

Why do you pretend that is not the answer I gave?

The will of the people.

Why do you pretend that is not the answer I gave?

Let me see if I understand your answer. According to you, the law means nothing and we should govern this Republic based on the will of the people ( emotions ). That is nothing but mob rule.

truthmaters, that's really worked, hasn't it. The democratic party making sure everyone enjoys the pursuit of happiness, problem is, that many of those people choose to simply sit on the sofa and wait for thier government check while the rest of us go out and produce it. Now that's what I call happiness.

Forum List

Back