Which of my fellow dems loves Frank Rich?

ProudDem said:
Gawd, I love Frank Rich. He is a brilliant and creative writer.
dozens of unfactual comments made in his "opinion" column. He and his cohort Krugman never let facts get in the way of their neomarxist opinions.

ThomasPaine said:
dozens of unfactual comments made in his "opinion" column. He and his cohort Krugman never let facts get in the way of their neomarxist opinions.

ThomasPaine, I would love for you to show me which facts of his are false.

ProudDem said:

Start with the first word and end with the last. The article is just about one fo the most left-wing-biased, twisted pieces of garbage there is.

But no one is going to sit down for 2 hours and cut and paste and dissect it just for you. The ENTIRE article is worthless for anyone looking for any facts and/or truth.

ProudDem said:
was far more deadly than Katrina but let that not interfere with Rich's vicious attack. But my point is Rich is a liar for the left that has made dozens of factual errors in the past.You love the way he writes. Great. He's a propagandist but that fits in with the paper he writes for. Rich and lefties like yourself want to disavow the fact that the first responders, the mayor and the governor, both democrats, were complete failures. The principle reasons for the debacle in New Orleans were 70 years of corrupt Democrat politics in a state widely known for unscrupulous politicians, Democrats. The left WANTS DESPERATELY for Bush to be blamed for New Orleans but polls already demonstrate the American know who screwed the pooch and it was Mayor Ray "schoolbus" Nagan and Governor Kathleen Babineaux "clueless" Blanco. Face it lefty Bush isn't going to be destroyed nor is his Presidency over. Bush hating, foaming at the mouth, poison penned writers the like of Rich cannot cause this to occur.

ThomasPaine said:
was far more deadly than Katrina but let that not interfere with Rich's vicious attack. But my point is Rich is a liar for the left that has made dozens of factual errors in the past.You love the way he writes. Great. He's a propagandist but that fits in with the paper he writes for. Rich and lefties like yourself want to disavow the fact that the first responders, the mayor and the governor, both democrats, were complete failures. The principle reasons for the debacle in New Orleans were 70 years of corrupt Democrat politics in a state widely known for unscrupulous politicians, Democrats. The left WANTS DESPERATELY for Bush to be blamed for New Orleans but polls already demonstrate the American know who screwed the pooch and it was Mayor Ray "schoolbus" Nagan and Governor Kathleen Babineaux "clueless" Blanco. Face it lefty Bush isn't going to be destroyed nor is his Presidency over. Bush hating, foaming at the mouth, poison penned writers the like of Rich cannot cause this to occur.

Ah, someone else attacked his superlative regarding this being the worst storm. I believe he said that metaphorically.

When all you can do is make generalization about me and the left, when you have no idea of what I stand for and whether I agree with every issue that the left supports, I won't even bother to have a discussion with you. Don't assert that there are lies in the article if you're not willing to back it up.

Also, you blame the governor and the mayor for the failures, which is fine. Rich Frank blames Bush. People will look at this situation differently--it doesn't mean that it's a lie--it called opinion.

ProudDem said:
Ah, someone else attacked his superlative regarding this being the worst storm. I believe he said that metaphorically.

When all you can do is make generalization about me and the left, when you have no idea of what I stand for and whether I agree with every issue that the left supports, I won't even bother to have a discussion with you. Don't assert that there are lies in the article if you're not willing to back it up.

Also, you blame the governor and the mayor for the failures, which is fine. Rich Frank blames Bush. People will look at this situation differently--it doesn't mean that it's a lie--it called opinion.

Bush is responsible. The locals are responsible. What this guy wrote is not a lie as much as it is a half truth. Half truths have long been the favored tool of the propagandist.

rtwngAvngr said:
Bush is responsible. The locals are responsible. What this guy wrote is not a lie as much as it is a half truth. Half truths have long been the favored tool of the propagandist.

I like your first 2 sentences. ;) If you go on the NYT website, it describes his aticles as "weekly 1500-word essay on the intersection of culture and news." It also states that his articles are drawn from "his background as a theater critic and observer of art, entertainment and politics."

So his articles are not like those you would read where the author is just stating facts without synthesizing the facts. He will synthesize the facts based on his point of view and add some drama to them.

The facts are correct--it's how he has interpreted those facts with which you (not just Avenger) disagree.

Forum List

Back