Which Obama Promise Will Be Broken First?

Most Americans are too dumb to understand that this is not the change we need.

Probably the 'change we need' is a matter of personal opinion.

I am happy to see a man elected who will take emissions and the environment seriously. That is change we need.

I am also happy to see a man inspire so many people to get involved in their democracy. Having the american people invest in their society is change we need.

Finally, I am happy to see a sense of cynicsm dissipating as we havbe crossed this historic racial threshold - getting past some of the cynicism and pandering of recent years is also change we need.

Otherwise, I agree with you that growing government is NOT change we need. I expect you may be right on that one, but from my perspective that negative is outweighed by the positive change. YMMV.

Probably the 'change we need' is a matter of personal opinion.

I am happy to see a man elected who will take emissions and the environment seriously. That is change we need.

I am also happy to see a man inspire so many people to get involved in their democracy. Having the american people invest in their society is change we need.

Finally, I am happy to see a sense of cynicsm dissipating as we havbe crossed this historic racial threshold - getting past some of the cynicism and pandering of recent years is also change we need.

Otherwise, I agree with you that growing government is NOT change we need. I expect you may be right on that one, but from my perspective that negative is outweighed by the positive change. YMMV.

auditor0007 probably didnt know that Americans have finally made a WISE choice, not a dumb one. Ask the 70% post graduate degree voters who overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Obviously the best and brightest of our nation believe they have made a wise choice. auditor0007 thinks the opposite.

Actually bush approval rating is in the 20 percentile

Congress is around 7% I believe.

So you are wrong again.

And the only reason dems gaine dmore pwoer was because of the campign pinning everything on Bush as if people do not realize that dems have had power in 2 years.

If shit gets worse, in 2010 you will see the pendelum swing back to the right

Hell, that only validates my argument even more.

If the approval ratings of congress is at about 10% (as of 10/01/08) and Bush, so despised they had to hide him, has approval ratings aroung 20% .. AND republicans took a monumental spanking at the same time .. giving the democrtic congress even more power .. what does that tell you.

You think it says democrats didn't get blamed for 2 years .. but their approval ratings reflect they most certainly did. You completely omit the previous 6 years republicans were in full control of the entire government.

Again, what yesterday's vote says is that beyond their shrinking base, republicans don't have a clue what Americans think.

Something the middle class keeps forgetting; we're paying less in taxes than we ever have. 40% of Americans don't pay any taxes at all. You can't just keep giving money to those who don't even pay in the first place. I'm not so much against a small increase on high income earners, but in truth that isn't going to help bring in much more revenue. Cutting taxes certainly won't help.

Oh I agree. He had to make that promise to counter the republican "dems always raise taxes" claim. he had to make the promise, and now he has to keep it. If he wants to keep his credibility.

But it won't fix the economy, that will come from job creation. If some of the revenue from the tax hikes on high income (over 250K) is put towards job creation, then the economy recovers and that is where the real help to the middle class comes from.

auditor0007 probably didnt know that Americans have finally made a WISE choice, not a dumb one. Ask the 70% post graduate degree voters who overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Obviously the best and brightest of our nation believe they have made a wise choice. auditor0007 thinks the opposite.

is an MBA a post graduate degree? y'know, like that monkey GWB has?
is he one of our best and brightest?
thanks for playing

:rofl:

Oh I agree. He had to make that promise to counter the republican "dems always raise taxes" claim. he had to make the promise, and now he has to keep it. If he wants to keep his credibility.

But it won't fix the economy, that will come from job creation. If some of the revenue from the tax hikes on high income (over 250K) is put towards job creation, then the economy recovers and that is where the real help to the middle class comes from.

I agree. Not to mention under Obamas plan, nobody that does not pay taxes will just get a check in the mail....it does not work that way. Mccain played this angle very poorly because he said that under Obamas plan, 40% of the people who dont pay taxes will get a tax credit. Not true, they will get nothing from Obamas plan, only when they begin to pay taxes will they get tax credits. This is not a stimulus plan its a tax policy, Mccain wanted everyone to think it was re-distribution and he was lying. Thats why he did not get elected. According to well over 62 million people, he was either misleading or just the wrong guy for creating tax policy in America.

God BAC, you are just fucking stupid

Fermi was 1966
3 mile Island 1979

Chernobyl was Russian

Let me ask you

How many deaths were associated with the PARTIAL meltdowns associated with Fermi and 3MI?

None
thats right

Several safety measures exist to protect against any release of radioactive material into the environment. The ceramic uranium fuel pellets resist the negative effects of high temperature and corrosion. Most of the radioactivity remains in the fuel pellets (NEI: Safety, 1998). The concentration of U-235 is kept low so that a nuclear explosion is impossible. Also, the chemical makeup of the fuel provides a natural control. As the reaction heats up, it slows down, since 96% of the fuel does not fission (NEI: The energy plant, 1998). The fuel pellets are placed in zirconium fuel rods, which resist heat, corrosion, and radiation (NEI: Safety, 1998). Water acts as a moderator of the nuclear reaction by slowing down the neutrons and increasing the probability that they will hit and fission a uranium atom. An increased level of steam slows the reaction, and if all water converts to steam, the reaction stops completely (NEI: The energy plant, 1998). The reactor core is located inside a steel pressure vessel with eight-inch thick walls. A huge steel-reinforced concrete containment structure with four-foot thick walls covers everything (NEI: Safety, 1998). Nuclear power plants also have backup systems to protect against almost every imaginable problem, including human error, equipment failure, floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes (NEI: The energy plant, 1998).

Nuclear Power: A Clean, Safe Alternative

Go talk to your parents about stupid .. only the stupid would believe that people shouldn't have hesitations and be overly cautious about nuclear power.

I answered your question dummy of why many are hesitant about nuclear power .. never said it won't or shouldn't be used .. but not without caution and tremendous oversight that extends beyond just the NRC

Did you somehow miss the 1990 statement?

dummy

No one is saying not to be cautious...the navy have been using nuclear reactors now for ove r30 years on their ships and subs.

I guess what you are saying is France are better at producing nuclear energy then we would be

Are you an academic?

I don't think Obama can chalk up his victory to the educated, obviously, the base includes low income, and immigrant voters as well.

Last edited:
Aren't we forgetting the promises he made about Iraq ? We are all the cries to bring our troops home --NOW.

I hate to burst that bubble, but he did not promise to bring the troops home immediately.

His plan and McCains were essantially they same....stablize and withdrawl ASAP.

No one is saying not to be cautious...the navy have been using nuclear reactors now for ove r30 years on their ships and subs.

I guess what you are saying is France are better at producing nuclear energy then we would be

No, I'm saying that WE, AMERICANS should remain overly cautious and ensure that WE have institued all the necessary oversights and safeguards in our use of nuclear power.

We can have a constructive debate without both us agreeing on every specific aspect of an issue .. else, what is there to debate?

I recognize this country is going to use more nuclear power, and I, as many on the left, remain cautious, overly cautious about its use .. which is not to say it shouldn't be done. Perhaps we need to put them in as remote an area as possible, replicate every safegurad France uses .. then some .. or whatever must be done to ensure the public far beyond "they are reasonably safe."

If you're looking for understanding of the positions of the left .. everything is not measured in dollars.

I hate to burst that bubble, but he did not promise to bring the troops home immediately.

I agree .. but that isn't the way he framed it during the primaries. After he won the primaries, he redefined his position and made it more clear.

He tripped the light fancy of nuance on the issue .. which is something he's really good at.

I thought Clinton was a master, but this brother is the fucking Oracle of Nuance.

it's on his energy plan!

He promises to find efficent ways to store it etc...for the effort to build more nuclear power plants

He won't do shit

Why you libs are so against the most effiecent power we have is beyond me

Are they? I didn't know that.

Nuclear power is cheaper and produces more then wind and solar combined

It might be that plants starts paying the insurance premiums, then the costs skyrocket.

I believe that America will begin building nucelar power again.

I think we'll give the plants a pass on insurance to facilitate it.

The biggest hold up to nuclears plants has been the fact that nobody was willing to loan anyone the money to build one since the cost of insuring them made the deal not workable.

he did promise immediate withdrawal of troops when he went a begging at the alter of KOS. After he got their support and he won the primary he started moving center and changed it to "responsibly" The KOS hates that skank Pelosi cause she did the same damn thing. Wonder how Sheehan made out challenging Pelosi the bag hag?

It might be that plants starts paying the insurance premiums, then the costs skyrocket.

The biggest hold up to nuclears plants has been the fact that nobody was willing to loan anyone the money to build one since the cost of insuring them made the deal not workable.

Nope! I think you are wong again. It's the Environmentalists. These are the NO people. NO coal, NO oil, No nuclear. We will have cockroaches running around on the earth after we humans have frozen to death. :lol:

ahh no we are talking.

My office actually does the risk management for Turkey point here in Miami.

Is it expensive? Hells yes, is it exepensive to the point that they can't afford it through the revenues they collect. not even close.

Many companies will insure the liability and hazard of the plant as long as we structure it through layers, meaning several companies take a portion of the risk.

Forum List

Back