Which muscle car would you pick?

Which muscle car you think is the baddest over all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really a classic muscle car guy -

But for US made muscle i'd go with the 2018 Corvette Grand Sport.

2018-corvette-shared-01.jpg

Classic US made? This one - which sold at Phoenix auction for 3.5 million (only 20 made)

None of them, other than for financial reasons. If we're talking the muscle car I'd actually like to drive, my choice would be the ultimate gentlemen's muscle car, the Ford Galaxie 500 XL. 1966 would be may favorite year.

44965276-500-0.jpg

Looks even better with the vinyl-covered hardtop I think:

galaxie%2Bbb.jpg

Too many cars today look the same. They need to get back to stylish body styling.

Never going to happen with the current level of government regulations. Fuel usage, bumper heights, and thousands upon thousands of well-intentioned regs ensures style comes second. It's why so man cars look like half an egg.

Mine

Bought in 1969 for $1,500. my '66 Goat. About 10 years ago I did a total rebuild, bored the engine a bit, full race cam, had the frame stiffened and strengthened, heavy duty 4 speed, beefed up heavy duty rear end, custom exhaust, etc, etc, etc.. My Ol' Man found it was being sold by an elderly cashier at the restaurant he ate at often. The salesman really did a sales job on her. In 1971 I actually negotiated a speeding ticket of 104 on what was then the Palmetto Expressway. Had been doing well over that but the FHP and I seemed to hit it off. My Ol' Man was a mechanic and had gone over the car before we moved to Tallahassee from Miami. Trued and balanced the tires, ran like a dream.
i-PLWRgVP-Th.jpg

I had one of these for which I paid...$600.00 in 1964. It was a '54 XK-120 Jaguar built to compete at Leman's. Gas tank was huge and located directly behind the two batteries mounted behind the two seats. Nearly had fire hoses going to the carburetors. Did you know they had an all-aluminum body and the frames in the doors were made of oak wood for light weight? I rebuilt the frames myself, they were rotted and replaced all the wood in the frame for the convertible top. Acceleration was NOT a strong point but once rolling it picked up speed and was incredibly fast. Handling, for the time, was incredible too. Wish I still had this one with the one above. Combined both are/were less expensive than my wives.

i-dmNbQms-L.jpg

Recently I added another Harley to my toys. I'm WAY too old for these things! I'm over 70 and bought this as my 7th Harley (I think).

i-HcCtnWN-L.jpg

Dodge Hemi Dart.

Wow. Forgot all about that one. Dusted off some cobwebs.

My dream is a 67 Shelby Cobra. For just a few pennies, you can get a custom rebuild. If I ever order one, it wouldn't have paint--just brushed aluminum. And I'd never wash or wax it. I'd want it to grow an attitude.

151882_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

well i have had from the list

76 GTO
70 Chevelle

also

had 66 Grand Sport
76 skylark
73 Mach I
Plymouth Duster

currently looking at rebuild

Grand Torino found a pretty nice one needs a lot of restoration

too bad the guy selling cant make up his mind on a price