Which is more important a deal with China or the Shut Down

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
China importing a trillion dollars a year of US goods will increase US GDP by at least 25%. Ending the Shut Down might add 12.5%. Promotion of building the wall privately will build a stronger R voting base. Also Trump can use the political capital to go to war against sanctuary jurisdictions. What say you as to priorities.

China importing a trillion dollars a year of US goods will increase US GDP by at least 25%. Ending the Shut Down might add 12.5%. Promotion of building the wall privately will build a stronger R voting base. Also Trump can use the political capital to go to war against sanctuary jurisdictions. What say you as to priorities.

What happened? The dickheads in Washington can only accomplish things serially now? That's not necessarily a bad thing since it would certainly slow down the rate at which they fuck things up but I'd be surprised if anyone in Crook Central would ever admit that Tyrannosaurus Fed can't multitask.

I'm also not sure where you're getting the "increase US GDP by at least 25%" what time period are you using for that number and how did you arrive at "at least 25%" ?

It is not a trillion dollars a year, it is a trillion over 6 years.

What political capital does Trump have left?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What happened? The dickheads in Washington can only accomplish things serially now? That's not necessarily a bad thing since it would certainly slow down the rate at which they fuck things up but I'd be surprised if anyone in Crook Central would ever admit that Tyrannosaurus Fed can't multitask.

I'm also not sure where you're getting the "increase US GDP by at least 25%" what time period are you using for that number and how did you arrive at "at least 25%" ?
Good catch, I screwed up and did not show my computations. $1T +5.3% GDP growthrates. The dubious part of my calculation is the multiplier. Knock on multiplier for X-M is usually assumed to be north of 5 but that could be in error. Japan and China have grown so rapidly because they rely so heavily on EBITDA accounting and the assumed multiplier is derived from the X-M of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa). Given that kind of accounting and insane levels of leverage and stimulus I just used the most standard multiplier number I knew of despite the scarcity of proof. But 5 as a ball park number usually works.

Forum List

Back