Which is Better: Love and Loss or Never Love at All?

Which is Better?

• To Have Loved and Lost that Love.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • To Have Never Loved at All.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
Ah, the eternal question..... Is it better to have Loved and Lost or to have Never Loved at All?

I'm very interested to hear the viewpoints of the membership since I really cannot comment on the topic from a position of experience; since as I approach my 37th birthday in a couple months I can honestly say that I have never in my life experienced either end of Romantic Love (as the giver or receiver).

Love and lost.

Though i understand the other way round too...its a self preservation issue at times.

• Banned
Love and lost.

Though i understand the other way round too...its a self preservation issue at times.

Thanks for the insight.

In my case I don't really think it's "self-preservation". I would really like to find someone to love and to love me, but at this point I have to seriously consider the idea that it's probably never going to happen. I date so infrequently these days that I find it very hard to believe I'm going to find anyone, or be found by anyone. Not that I've ever been a dating "machine". Hardly.

Love and lost, because at least you got to experience love. Having her break up with you won't take those memories away, evea as bitter-sweet as they are.

Forum List

Back