Which Income Group Are You In

pal_of_poor

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2009
People should focus on how much they make, and whether the supply-side corporate policies of Republicans, and conservative Democrats have helped them economically, more than their hatred of gays, loathing of abortion, or love of God, like he's got stock in any party?!?

These figures are pre-2000, and include the Carter, and a right-of-center Clinton, that was always misrepresented as a "liberal" on FAUX, and generally in the media. And by the way, these losses/gains are even larger now, after Bush's tax cuts, the poor have continued the trend of getting poorer, and the gilded are just laying in more gold on their ceilings.

Income Growth Exponential at Top, figures from 1970 - 2000
Lower 90% incomes dropped 0.1% from $27,060 to $27,035
From 90-95%, incomes grew 29.6%, from $80,148 to $103,860
From 95-99%, incomes grew 54.2%, from $115,472 to $178,067
From 99 to 99.5%, incomes grew 89.5% from $202,792 to $384,192
From 99.5% to 99.9% incomes grew 144.8% from $317,582 to $777,450
From 99.9 to 99.99% incomes grew 322% from $722,480 to $3,049,226
The top 13,400 (.01%) incomes grew 558.3%, from $3,641,285 to $23,969,767.

Perfectly Legal, The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super-Rich, and Cheat Everyone Else, by David Cay Johnston p. 38 (chart)

So, 90% of us have lost ground, while the top ten percent have profited. The very top percent have profited tremendously over the last 30 years, and those at the very top have gained fabulous degrees of wealth.

Clearly, we can see why these people got the biggest tax cut, since , hey wait, why did they get the tax cut since they are earning so incredibly much more than the rest of us. Oh, that's right, Bush only cares about the top one or two percent, that's the way fascism works, master race and all that.

This is their big trick, focus all on tax-cuts, which are eaten up in the middle class, non-existent in the lower-classes, and only received by the very incredibly richest. This takes your focus off the fact that incomes are rigged in this country, and that the huge majority of us are just getting poorer, while a few of the richest families are propped up at the expense of the rest of us.

my income range is not listed

You skipped a whole bunch...im in the gap you left out of 27,000-85,000

I also think the tax rate should be 0% for everyone under 30,000 and EXACTY THE SAME on all income over that.

No unconstitional progressive tax rates for me. I may be on the bottom of the income but the rich are who pay my salary.

EDIT: Hey i see you make a lot of threads about almost the same topic....remember its QUALITY not QUANTITY ;).

Last edited:

I also think the tax rate should be 0% for everyone under 30,000 and EXACTY THE SAME on all income over that.

No unconstitional progressive tax rates for me. I may be on the bottom of the income but the rich are who pay my salary.

EDIT: Hey i see you make a lot of threads about almost the same topic....remember its QUALITY not QUANTITY ;).

I would support a flat tax on everyone with one condition..
We burn the tax code books. NO DEDUCTIONS. All income is equally taxed.

Watch the rich scream about that one

Actually I know a few rich people. Each and every one of them would love to see a flat tax levied across the board, it would decrease what they are paying now.

Scream? I am 100% in agreement with you.

But right now I pay a heck of a lot in taxes...so my vote for it is kind of skewed.

Actually I know a few rich people. Each and every one of them would love to see a flat tax levied across the board, it would decrease what they are paying now.

Your question on the flat tax to your rich friends. Did you ask them to also give up ALL their tax deductions?

Your question on the flat tax to your rich friends. Did you ask them to also give up ALL their tax deductions?

well....in 2006 i paid the state and feds almost $175k in taxes.....if you went a straight 10% and took away all my deductions....well lets just ...that is fine with me.....

well....in 2006 i paid the state and feds almost $175k in taxes.....if you went a straight 10% and took away all my deductions....well lets just ...that is fine with me.....

If you paid $175K in taxes, you are doing rather well and should quit your bellyaching.

I wont need deductions with a flat tax.

It will lower my liability by tens of thousands.

LMAO....at 150K in taxes in 2007 (not including FICA).....a flat tax of 10% would have me at a much more palatable number.

If you paid $175K in taxes, you are doing rather well and should quit your bellyaching.

I do not bellyache about paying taxes....well...sure it pisses me off to write the check every October 15th....but I do it and have never had an issue when audited.

Only Biden made a comment about people refusing to pay taxes.......what is that....maybe a half a percent of all tax payers?

The flat tax debate has always been about doing away with deductions. Under the current system the only way they won't lose even more money to the tax man is the use of deductions. Even with that what they currently pay is even much higher than it would be under a flat tax system.

People should focus on how much they make, and whether the supply-side corporate policies of Republicans, and conservative Democrats have helped them economically, more than their hatred of gays, loathing of abortion, or love of God, like he's got stock in any party?!?
P.O.P., I make 65K a year. You tell me how much of that I should pay in Federal taxes.

Last edited:

These figures are pre-2000, and include the Carter, and a right-of-center Clinton, that was always misrepresented as a "liberal" on FAUX, and generally in the media. And by the way, these losses/gains are even larger now, after Bush's tax cuts, the poor have continued the trend of getting poorer, and the gilded are just laying in more gold on their ceilings.

Income Growth Exponential at Top, figures from 1970 - 2000
Lower 90% incomes dropped 0.1% from $27,060 to $27,035
From 90-95%, incomes grew 29.6%, from $80,148 to $103,860
From 95-99%, incomes grew 54.2%, from $115,472 to $178,067
From 99 to 99.5%, incomes grew 89.5% from $202,792 to $384,192
From 99.5% to 99.9% incomes grew 144.8% from $317,582 to $777,450
From 99.9 to 99.99% incomes grew 322% from $722,480 to $3,049,226
The top 13,400 (.01%) incomes grew 558.3%, from $3,641,285 to $23,969,767.

Perfectly Legal, The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super-Rich, and Cheat Everyone Else, by David Cay Johnston p. 38 (chart)

So, 90% of us have lost ground, while the top ten percent have profited. The very top percent have profited tremendously over the last 30 years, and those at the very top have gained fabulous degrees of wealth.

Clearly, we can see why these people got the biggest tax cut, since , hey wait, why did they get the tax cut since they are earning so incredibly much more than the rest of us. Oh, that's right, Bush only cares about the top one or two percent, that's the way fascism works, master race and all that.

This is their big trick, focus all on tax-cuts, which are eaten up in the middle class, non-existent in the lower-classes, and only received by the very incredibly richest. This takes your focus off the fact that incomes are rigged in this country, and that the huge majority of us are just getting poorer, while a few of the richest families are propped up at the expense of the rest of us.

So, basically what you mean is that people should support the party that best financially benefits them, regardless of their personal beliefs and morality. Does that sound about right?

Once again a so called liberal posting crap. If you were a true liberal, you would realize that economic liberty is a right as important as any other.

tell me where do i fit in? In 2005 my wife and i made about 80K. Last year we doubled that and this year we should triple it.

i suppose you think i should be taxed more because we risked every dime we had to start a business that has had some success.

typical dimocrat wanting to penalize success and reward mediocrity.

I don't know what it is with elitist assholes who think that if you make more money, you should pay a higher percentage in taxes.

Remember, income is counted as GROSS income, and if you're a business person, that gross income is before expenses and wages, and taxes on those wages, are paid out.

when I say income, I mean net. after all it's the only income that counts.

Saying you grossed 5 million and bragging about it when your net is 100K is ludicrous.

I don't know what it is with elitist assholes who think that if you make more money, you should pay a higher percentage in taxes.

Remember, income is counted as GROSS income, and if you're a business person, that gross income is before expenses and wages, and taxes on those wages, are paid out.

That is not accurate.

I am an s-corp. My income on my w-4 is what I take in as an owner.....which does NOT include what I pay out in expenses....

From an accounting standpoint, yes, there is a gross income of 100% of revenue....from a taxable income satndpoint, it is less ALL expenses and exemptions.

Once again a so called liberal posting crap. If you were a true liberal, you would realize that economic liberty is a right as important as any other.

tell me where do i fit in? In 2005 my wife and i made about 80K. Last year we doubled that and this year we should triple it.

i suppose you think i should be taxed more because we risked every dime we had to start a business that has had some success.

typical dimocrat wanting to penalize success and reward mediocrity.

Welocme to my world my friend.

And if we say anything against the idea, we are unpatriotic.

Great news on the expansion....you and your wife are like me and my wife now...we took chances, made some smart decisions, pay our debt to society in taxes...and are evil rich greedy unpatrtiotic Americans.

Isnt success wonderful?

Forum List

Back