Which do you think is more fascinating, WWII historically-speaking?

Which Do You Think Is More Fascinating?

• WWII European Theatre of Operations Western Front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WWII European Theatre of Operations Eastern Front

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Both are Equally Fascinating

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Neither, its the Pacific Battles that are Really Fascinating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Concerning the European theatre of operations: The Western Front or the Eastern Front?

I know that this is a very esoteric topic, to say the least, but I can't decide myself.

There is so many stories about the French Resistance, and the Battle of Britain, battles on small Mediterranean islands, Greece, the Invasion of Italy, not the least Normandy, etc.

But then again, there are the partisans on the Eastern Front, the Crimean guerrilla fighters, the Soviet counterattacks following Operation Barbarosa, Stalingrad and Leningrad, the fierce fighting, the deprivation of the Russian and Polish peoples near and behind the German front lines....

What is your opinion?

I love reading about all the espionage, and the OSS, the French Resistance, the people that hid the Jewish people, more of the "behind the scenes" that helped fight the war against the 'Axis of Evil.'

For variety, the Western front, for sheer brutality, the Eastern front.

You're an Aussie, right, Diuretic? I'd assume you'd think that the war in the Pacific would be more interesting considering your nation's fight against the Japanese. That's a part of the war that I know little about, now that I think about it. Hmmmm. Might have to do some more reading....

I voted the Eastern front.

The tank battles were massive!!

Yeah they were. I think the siege of Stalingrad is unbelievable. Can you imagine living through something like that?! Starving, freezing, avoiding bombs, mortars, gun fire, capture, forced service, etc. etc. for - what was it like 4 years?!

Forum List

Back