Which country's health care system would you adopt?

After seeing some compared side to side, I was most impressed with Switzerland.
The Swiss have a system which uses private insurance, but they are prohibited by law from making a profit. Good deal.

USAA testified before Congress as a model example of an existing insurance group that served the needs of its members, without unethical practices, and which turned a profit, which they invest in expanding their services.

So there was no need for legislating to ban profit, or to regulate anything else.

Another insurance group, Amica(?) is Christian based.
And automatically invests profits into serving the poor who cannot afford help.
This company is chosen freely by members, because of its charitable policy, and is not mandated. A friend who uses this company gave it good reviews on its service.

Again, another example of free enterprise companies already allowing effective service without exploiting profits and without any need for federal mandates or legislation.

Why is it the President and Congress "do not trust" the free market to support effective services, but then beg the public to "trust them and their judgment on the health care bill." Why should I "trust" the judgment of anyone who "does not trust" that solutions can be sustained by free will and common sense and education WITHOUT relying on forced mandates and taxing AGAINST free will???

USAA can provide and sell their services by free choice, based on good reputation and proof of top ratings good enough to testify before Congress and be recognized; they don't require anyone to be forced to buy their plans on advance faith it works.
===============================================
BTW what I did propose to the Democratic Party resolutions committee is introducing laws holding corporations to similar standards in the Bill of Rights, since they claim rights of individual personhood under these same laws but at the same time exercise greater collective authority, influence or resources similar to government. The idea was to check and balance the individual rights of corporations to prevent them from abusing greater power than individuals, by requiring due process and equal protections of interests without discrimination, while leaving it to the petitioners and the companies to redress their own grievances case by case. Ironically the committee person who reviewed my proposal felt it was not possible to regulate a private corporation using government standards directly, but did approve the idea of effecting separate laws similar to the Constitution and Code of Ethics.
I believed it was the other way; that the government cannot interfere with private policies, but in general, neither citizens nor government officials nor corporations can violate Constitutional and ethical standards while invoking the same protections.

And now this health care bill crosses that same line with questions over whether Congress can redefine the commerce clause by combining it with taxes and public welfare, and if federal government can require health insurance under regulations.

I don't see how anyone in government can make laws mandatory while violating them at the same time. If it was all voluntary, it would work, but this is being required without people consenting to it. If people don't consent how is that law.

Last edited:
I like the method where I get health insurance for my family and you get health insurance for your family.

:cuckoo:
I am sick to death of people saying "the healthcare system is broken"
Would you like us to sugar-coat it?

I would like you to stay the heck out of our private business.

Why is it that saudi sheiks come to the cleveland clinic for their healthcare needs, if the system is broken

I have never met anyone in the recent past or not so recent that could not get medical help when needed or even when they had a simple sniffle. Our system was not broken till the government broke it. The government can tear up a hole in the ground

Well DUH.
Saudi shieks have billions of dollars.
We have the best DISEASE CARE in the world. Our health care sysem is not even in the top40 worldwide.
We are one of the unhealthiest countries on earth with rampant chronic diseases such as coronary problems, obesity, diabetes and you claim we have a great system.
LOL:cuckoo:

After seeing some compared side to side, I was most impressed with Switzerland.
The Swiss have a system which uses private insurance, but they are prohibited by law from making a profit. Good deal.

USAA testified before Congress as a model example of an existing insurance group that served the needs of its members, without unethical practices, and which turned a profit, which they invest in expanding their services.

So there was no need for legislating to ban profit, or to regulate anything else.

This company is chosen freely by members, because of its charitable policy, and is not mandated. A friend who uses this company gave it good reviews on its service.

Again, another example of free enterprise companies already allowing effective service without exploiting profits and without any need for federal mandates or legislation.

Why is it the President and Congress "do not trust" the free market to support effective services, but then beg the public to "trust them and their judgment on the health care bill." Why should I "trust" the judgment of anyone who "does not trust" that solutions can be sustained by free will and common sense and education WITHOUT relying on forced mandates and taxing AGAINST free will???

USAA can provide and sell their services by free choice, based on good reputation and proof of top ratings good enough to testify before Congress and be recognized; they don't require anyone to be forced to buy their plans on advance faith it works.
BTW what I did propose to the Democratic Party resolutions committee is introducing laws holding corporations to similar standards in the Bill of Rights, since they claim rights of individual personhood under these same laws but at the same time exercise greater collective authority, influence or resources similar to government. The idea was to check and balance the individual rights of corporations to prevent them from abusing greater power than individuals, by requiring due process and equal protections of interests without discrimination, while leaving it to the petitioners and the companies to redress their own grievances case by case. Ironically the committee person who reviewed my proposal felt it was not possible to regulate a private corporation using government standards directly, but did approve the idea of effecting separate laws similar to the Constitution and Code of Ethics.
I believed it was the other way; that the government cannot interfere with private policies, but in general, neither citizens nor government officials nor corporations can violate Constitutional and ethical standards while invoking the same protections.

And now this health care bill crosses that same line with questions over whether Congress can redefine the commerce clause by combining it with taxes and public welfare, and if federal government can require health insurance under regulations.

I don't see how anyone in government can make laws mandatory while violating them at the same time. If it was all voluntary, it would work, but this is being required without people consenting to it. If people don't consent how is that law.

Whe did we ever consent to mandatory car insurance? Or FEMA coverage?
Health insurance is a very effective vehicle to fund disease care and is the absolute worst vehicle to fund health care. The majority of the premiums go to disease care and a small amount goes for health care. Does your car insurance pay for oil changes and tires or does your home insurance pay for the home to be painted and a new HVAC system?

:cuckoo:
Would you like us to sugar-coat it?

I would like you to stay the heck out of our private business.

Why is it that saudi sheiks come to the cleveland clinic for their healthcare needs, if the system is broken

I have never met anyone in the recent past or not so recent that could not get medical help when needed or even when they had a simple sniffle. Our system was not broken till the government broke it. The government can tear up a hole in the ground

Well DUH.
Saudi shieks have billions of dollars.
We have the best DISEASE CARE in the world. Our health care sysem is not even in the top40 worldwide.
We are one of the unhealthiest countries on earth with rampant chronic diseases such as coronary problems, obesity, diabetes and you claim we have a great system.
LOL:cuckoo:

For the love of God, speaking of :cuckoo:
Your full of it

Whe did we ever consent to mandatory car insurance? Or FEMA coverage?
Health insurance is a very effective vehicle to fund disease care and is the absolute worst vehicle to fund health care. The majority of the premiums go to disease care and a small amount goes for health care. Does your car insurance pay for oil changes and tires or does your home insurance pay for the home to be painted and a new HVAC system?

So what your saying is that if a person doesn't drive he/she is mandated to buy auto insurance? :cuckoo:
What are you smoking?

Forum List

Back