which car brands will die next?

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Hi

what do you think, which car brands will die next? I think, it´s time for the french. In Germany we still talk from them as "Franzosenschrott" - French trash - because their quality is so lousy and this vehicles are so crappy and hard to fix, that nobody likes to get dirty fingers an it.

And do you think the Chrysler/Lancia marriage will work? I have my doubts...

Last edited:
As far as I know, no French autos have been sold in the US since the 80's.

Renault's Le Car was the last.

Fiat hasn't been marketed in the US since the 80's either.

The last Fiat I saw on the road in the US was a 1981 Fiat Brava...a BMW knockoff.

Only Germany has enjoyed success in the American Auto Market with the Mercedes and BMW.

even no alfas or lancias? how sad, they are crappy too but they´re hot and styish.

Don´t you feel sorry when so many american car brands die this time? I dont talk about nash or duesenberg, but what about oldsmobile, plymouth or pontiac ? No more deltas, furys or firebirds. Isn´t that a cultural loss?

even no alfas or lancias? how sad, they are crappy too but they´re hot and styish.

Don´t you feel sorry when so many american car brands die this time? I dont talk about nash or duesenberg, but what about oldsmobile, plymouth or pontiac ? No more deltas, furys or firebirds. Isn´t that a cultural loss?
Not really. Any cultural value those badges have is from older models.

This:

pontiac.2002firebird.jpg

or this?

1969_Pontiac_Firebird_Trans-July25a.jpg

The '02 Firebird is just another mass-produced piece of plastic. The '69 is a classic muscle car.

well, the fiats will come now back, after chrysler was sold to the italians. don´t worry, this cars aren´t even worser than the japanese. ANd with a 4x4 drive and 100 hp this little

2009_Fiat_Panda_01_Mod_Norm.jpg

pandas are hot+funny

Forum List

Back