Whether you're a christian, an atheist or

'you will know them by the fruit they bear'. Shit like this is a real big problem. It's what's known as "prosperity theology" and it's a total scam. There are a lot of pricks out there that engage in predatory practices and sadly they target the most vulnerable, desperate, and needy people in society. They give Christianity and religion in general a very bad name. However, it would be a mistake to try to equate these con artists as somehow representative of Christianity as a whole. Every demographic in the world has those who engage in this kind of crap no matter what topic or activity they engage in.

You will know them by their fruit. True. The fruit of false teachers is a false gospel. The fruit of carnal Christians, false Christians is the love of this world, the love of filthy lucre, a foul mouth, filthy language, unsurrendered lives, those who reject holiness and obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ and openly display their hatred of those who live holy lives - God's servants. It is not difficult to know what is in a persons heart. Listen to what comes out of their mouth / what they write / what they talk about. It's all there.
Look who is talking! I have seen you lash out at Christians way more than anyone else persecuting them and judging their life as you see fit. You cut more figurative heads off of people than terroist do physically. Why don't you go read the book of James...in the amplified translation

'you will know them by the fruit they bear'. Shit like this is a real big problem. It's what's known as "prosperity theology" and it's a total scam. There are a lot of pricks out there that engage in predatory practices and sadly they target the most vulnerable, desperate, and needy people in society. They give Christianity and religion in general a very bad name. However, it would be a mistake to try to equate these con artists as somehow representative of Christianity as a whole. Every demographic in the world has those who engage in this kind of crap no matter what topic or activity they engage in.

Kudoes to John Oliver for exposing this nefarious practice. He is doing Christianity a favor by exposing the charlatans.

It's good that things like this are brought to the attention of the public, but the ones who really need to take a firm stand and be the loudest with calling it out are Christians themselves. If we wish to avoid the stereotypes that these con artists help create, we need to be the ones showing how actual faith works and what it is all about. When people only see the bad, they assume that's all there is.

Absolutely agree!

Failure to call out those in your own ranks who are out of line does reflect poorly on everyone else.

And yes, I applaud those that do.

On the other hand, there is LOT of good that Christians and Christian organizations do that is all around us but we don't see them or fail to recognize what they are. For example, my daughter was born at a hospital which, at the time at least, was wholly run and financed by the Catholic Church. I am not sure if it still is....I doubt it. Those hospitals are easy to spot....their names usually start with "St." or have some religiously affiliated word; "St. Joseph Hospital" or "Desert Samaritan" (the latter of which I believe is Episcopal and not Catholic). Anyhow, we don't think of them as being religious entities because it just doesn't click in our brains, but that's what they are, at least in part.

So I think sometimes good Christian contributions are right in front of our noses and we miss them or take them for granted. Sometimes I think society and perhaps even Christians themselves are quick to point to the shitty things about Christianity and the bad things that are done, but we forget about the other side of the coin and don't give enough credit to valuable contributions to society (such as hospitals) that religions institutions have made. There are a lot of atheists whose lives have been saved at Christian hospitals.

Last edited:

You will know them by their fruit. True. The fruit of false teachers is a false gospel. The fruit of carnal Christians, false Christians is the love of this world, the love of filthy lucre, a foul mouth, filthy language, unsurrendered lives, those who reject holiness and obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ and openly display their hatred of those who live holy lives - God's servants. It is not difficult to know what is in a persons heart. Listen to what comes out of their mouth / what they write / what they talk about. It's all there.

There are so many gullible people. I would be willing to bet that the majority of Trump supporters claim to be Christian....yet they are willing to look the other way to support this charlatan, who tells them what they want to hear "The Bible is the Best Book" - but really don't listen to what he really says.

19925981996_39141c0325_b.jpg

Agreed!

I think that Jeri summed him up with the phrase "the love of filthy lucre" quite succinctly! ;)

It's awful when we see ministers who claim to be preaching the Gospel on TV bilking people out of their money, De. I cringe at the thought of how many naive Christians send their money in to the hirelings and do not realize there is no blessing in it. Not to grieve anyone but people who know what these people are doing and send them money anyhow? Are sinning by supporting them because it gives them the money to keep on going in their operation to fleece the sheep!

Good Christian work is not suppose to be recognized or used for glory.
Ones who do that are doing good works and are really doing what the Lord tells us to do.

TV preachers are usually charlatans.
If people would just read their bible rather than listening to the preachers on Tv and many churches they would know them to be charlatans.

True. Maybe it is time to start calling them out by name. Kenneth Copeland is a false preacher and hireling. Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Andrew Womack, Joseph Prince, all false teachers. The people that are following them are easy to identify. They do not believe in holiness, prayer, fasting, preaching hell or quoting Scriptures that would expose the sin in their lives. (they live like the world, dress like the world, worship filthy lucre like the world, waste their time like the world) As the shepherd is, so is the flock.

If people would just read their bible rather than listening to the preachers on Tv and many churches they would know them to be charlatans.

True. Maybe it is time to start calling them out by name. Kenneth Copeland is a false preacher and hireling. Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Andrew Womack, Joseph Prince, all false teachers. The people that are following them are easy to identify. They do not believe in holiness, prayer, fasting, preaching hell or quoting Scriptures that would expose the sin in their lives. (they live like the world, dress like the world, worship filthy lucre like the world, waste their time like the world) As the shepherd is, so is the flock.
Hmmm... You seem to know them by name. So you do not believe in healing by faith? I think there are assumptions made of some of these people by saying they demand one send them money and they will be healed. I can tell you the ones I listen to do not ever EVER say that. And take me off ignore and stop hiding from me. See I happen to be one this woman has judged by an avatar image. Good thing God looks upon ones heart and not their appearance. Bet Jeremiah would kick Jesus out of her church for not being properly groomed and attired

Hmmm... You seem to know them by name. So you do not believe in healing by faith? I think there are assumptions made of some of these people by saying they demand one send them money and they will be healed. I can tell you the ones I listen to do not ever EVER say that. And take me off ignore and stop hiding from me. See I happen to be one this woman has judged by an avatar image. Good thing God looks upon ones heart and not their appearance. Bet Jeremiah would kick Jesus out of her church for not being properly groomed and attired

Kenneth Copeland is a false teacher and hireling. If Jesus Christ were to show up at His church they would want to crucify Him just as some of those who follow Copeland would crucify Jesus Christ if they could get away with it. They are the enemies of Jesus Christ and they are the enemies of the servants of the LORD - because the truth exposes them for what they are. HYPOCRITES, TARES,SERVANTS OF SATAN.

See Matthew 22.

Hmmm... You seem to know them by name. So you do not believe in healing by faith? I think there are assumptions made of some of these people by saying they demand one send them money and they will be healed. I can tell you the ones I listen to do not ever EVER say that. And take me off ignore and stop hiding from me. See I happen to be one this woman has judged by an avatar image. Good thing God looks upon ones heart and not their appearance. Bet Jeremiah would kick Jesus out of he

Kenneth Copeland is a false teacher and hireling. If Jesus Christ were to show up at His church they would want to crucify Him just as some of those who follow Copeland would crucify Jesus Christ if they could get away with it. They are the enemies of Jesus Christ and they are the enemies of the servants of the LORD - because the truth exposes them for what they are. HYPOCRITES, TARES,SERVANTS OF SATAN.

See Matthew 22.
and where exactly are you coming up with this given you read the kjv version of the bible with a lot blacked out by your own doing.

Kudoes to John Oliver for exposing this nefarious practice. He is doing Christianity a favor by exposing the charlatans.

It's good that things like this are brought to the attention of the public, but the ones who really need to take a firm stand and be the loudest with calling it out are Christians themselves. If we wish to avoid the stereotypes that these con artists help create, we need to be the ones showing how actual faith works and what it is all about. When people only see the bad, they assume that's all there is.

Absolutely agree!

Failure to call out those in your own ranks who are out of line does reflect poorly on everyone else.

On the other hand, there is LOT of good that Christians and Christian organizations do that is all around us but we don't see them or fail to recognize what they are. For example, my daughter was born at a hospital which, at the time at least, was wholly run and financed by the Catholic Church. I am not sure if it still is....I doubt it. Those hospitals are easy to spot....their names usually start with "St." or have some religiously affiliated word; "St. Joseph Hospital" or "Desert Samaritan" (the latter of which I believe is Episcopal and not Catholic). Anyhow, we don't think of them as being religious entities because it just doesn't click in our brains, but that's what they are, at least in part.

So I think sometimes good Christian contributions are right in front of our noses and we miss them or take them for granted. Sometimes I think society and perhaps even Christians themselves are quick to point to the shitty things about Christianity and the bad things that are done, but we forget about the other side of the coin and don't give enough credit to valuable contributions to society (such as hospitals) that religions institutions have made. There are a lot of atheists whose lives have been saved at Christian hospitals.

Absolutely there are plenty of good things done by good people for the betterment of society as a whole.

And yes, it is the worst element that detracts from the good and it is wrong of us to allow that to happen.

More power to those are selfless and help their fellow man because that is what it is all about when it comes down to the final analysis. It is the love we give to others that matters and not the edifices that we construct out of greed and avarice.

There are so many gullible people. I would be willing to bet that the majority of Trump supporters claim to be Christian....yet they are willing to look the other way to support this charlatan, who tells them what they want to hear "The Bible is the Best Book" - but really don't listen to what he really says.

Agreed!

I think that Jeri summed him up with the phrase "the love of filthy lucre" quite succinctly! ;)

It's awful when we see ministers who claim to be preaching the Gospel on TV bilking people out of their money, De. I cringe at the thought of how many naive Christians send their money in to the hirelings and do not realize there is no blessing in it. Not to grieve anyone but people who know what these people are doing and send them money anyhow? Are sinning by supporting them because it gives them the money to keep on going in their operation to fleece the sheep!

That money would be put to better use if it was donated to Wounded Warriors or the Salvation Army or United Way directly IMO.

Trinity, I won't get into a dispute with you or anyone else over the false teachings of Kenneth Copeland. If you are determined to follow him and send him money that is your decision. I cannot change your mind. Only God can show you what is going on with Kenneth Copeland & the Word of Faith Crowd (if you are willing for Him to show you). You sound like a very unhappy woman and I am sorry for your misery but you should consider finding a minister that is going to give you the ministry you need rather than the messages you "want to hear" (but will do you no good - and even harm). I believe if you will change to a Bible based church that preaches the true Gospel you'll find the happiness you are looking for. I wish you God's best.

Agreed!

That money would be put to better use if it was donated to Wounded Warriors or the Salvation Army or United Way directly IMO.

Oh yes, De. Listen I would give to Wounded Warrior or Salvation Army any time and feel I was giving to Jesus but to give to Copeland's ministry or any of the other fat cats who are hirelings fleecing the sheep? No. If there were no opportunity to give it to the needy I'd give it to the Audubon society before I'd send it to Copeland or any of those Word of Faith hirelings!!

p.s. I do not know any thing about the United Way so I cannot say what I'd do concerning them.

Trinity, I won't get into a dispute with you or anyone else over the false teachings of Kenneth Copeland. If you are determined to follow him and send him money that is your decision. I cannot change your mind. Only God can show you what is going on with Kenneth Copeland & the Word of Faith Crowd (if you are willing for Him to show you). You sound like a very unhappy woman and I am sorry for your misery but you should consider finding a minister that is going to give you the ministry you need rather than the messages you "want to hear" (but will do you no good - and even harm). I believe if you will change to a Bible based church that preaches the true Gospel you'll find the happiness you are looking for. I wish you God's best.
You carry many assumptions. Seems to me more people are calling you a lunatic than me.

Let's look at this shall we. The true gospel. The bible is there for everyone to read albeit in many different translations and versions. Surely the message would be identical or extremely similiar. Yet we have thousands of different sects. A lot of these sects do not agree with each other and sometimes they flat out attack each other through means of violence. Many people throughout history have been tortured or killed because their version of truth in the bible has been different from other's version of truth. If I had a dollar anytime I heard or read anyone proclaiming the truth of the gospels of god's word I would be in the same tax bracket as these evangelists (if they did pay taxes).

Religion has taught people not to question their teachings, their leaders or anything they can make up. It has been very easy for these evanglelists to prey on the desperate, the gullible, the naive, and the downright stupid. We owe it to all these people not to be taken advantage of.

Absolutely agree!

My son was born at St. hospital, the nun nurses were wonderful.

According to my book, the prosperity gospel is not even religion.

What is it teaching? If you give to GOD, then you will be rewarded.

What is the practice? The believer gives to the church. That is wrong unless you believe an organization of men are GOD. They can scream Jesus, Yeshua or whatever, but the prosperity gospel does not teach how to give money to God.

If you really think about it, why would God need your money. If anything, Christianity teaches people to help each other. There is no offering you can give your God but to obey the teachings of the religion.

Hope can really be a cruel thing.

Forum List

Back