Where's the steady global warming?

Discussion in 'Environment' started by task0778, May 17, 2017.

1. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +32,543
    Let's face it --- for an issue that's purportedly "of no interest", it's your obsession on this board, desperately flailing about with naked Denialism of "but.... but... nobody cares" while you continually trot out these pathetic "wait'll next year" moronic posts and threads complete with Charlie Sheenesque superfont slogans.

How desperate? About 1200 emoticons per post. That's eloquent. Pretty nervous, aintchya?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,543
    Again --- I never implied any causation. Including in the forest fire thread I just linked. The post is a simple address of the question in the title. Granted, it does not indulge in the moronic Sean Hannity style cherrypicking that purports to be too stupid to understand the distinction between "climate" and "weather", crowing with eye-popping wonder at snowfall .... in the fucking WINTER.

Again -- as always -- I don't have the temporal perspective to declare what the causation is. Nobody does. And that includes in the negative, and that definitely includes Snookie with his endless diarrhea of emoticons. You want to jump on a false correlation --- go get on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,040
    You realize your graph is just another denier fraud, right?

No, you don't. That's the problem. You only know what you get from your cult, and that's all faked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. basquebromance

basquebromance Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    good gas mileage is for Europeans and lesbians

5. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,603
    Warmers don't like real data...they prefer models which provide them the narrative they wish to hear...then they can just sit back and bask in the beauty of the emperor's clothes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,402
    /---- Florida was saved because Dear Leader Barack kept the seas at bay.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,402
    /---- Then I must be both. I ditched my gas guzzler for a car that averages 25 mpg.

8. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,543
    Soooooo do you just go to the gas pump, run your card and then spray it all over the ground, because fuck it?

Getting less out of what you pay for is just fucking stupid. Why the fuck would you just throw money away?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,603
    Giving up safety and convenience for the sake of a few more miles per gallon is also stupid...don't believe me?....just ask the idiot in a prius who pulled out in front of a Ram 2500 diesel doing 60....oh wait...you can't ask him, or his passenger...they were both pronounced dead at the scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,543
    I've never given up safety or convenience, not to worry. Well OK I did give up convenience when I bought a car that was too big on a dare. But I can still get 32-35 mpg out of it.

You can't buy the minimal basic intelligence required to not pull out in front of oncoming traffic. But mass does not equal "safe"; it equals mass. And mass is inversely proportional to maneuverability. I've danced through more than a couple of sudden situations that should have resulted in body parts being hosed off the road, without a scratch because my vehicle was nimble enough to avoid it --- something that Ram 2500 or that inverted bathtub laughingly called an "SUV" can never dream of doing, because it will roll over like a speeding water bed.

And before you bring it up, those things are not "safety tests" -- those are CRASH tests. They study what happens assuming the crash is already happening. "Safety" means you don't crash in the first place, because you can get out of it.