Where's the steady global warming?

good gas mileage is for Europeans and lesbians

Soooooo do you just go to the gas pump, run your card and then spray it all over the ground, because fuck it?

Getting less out of what you pay for is just fucking stupid. Why the fuck would you just throw money away?

Giving up safety and convenience for the sake of a few more miles per gallon is also stupid...don't believe me?....just ask the idiot in a prius who pulled out in front of a Ram 2500 diesel doing 60....oh wait...you can't ask him, or his passenger...they were both pronounced dead at the scene.

I've never given up safety or convenience, not to worry. Well OK I did give up convenience when I bought a car that was too big on a dare. But I can still get 32-35 mpg out of it.

You can't buy the minimal basic intelligence required to not pull out in front of oncoming traffic. But mass does not equal "safe"; it equals mass. And mass is inversely proportional to maneuverability. I've danced through more than a couple of sudden situations that should have resulted in body parts being hosed off the road, without a scratch because my vehicle was nimble enough to avoid it --- something that Ram 2500 or that inverted bathtub laughingly called an "SUV" can never dream of doing, because it will roll over like a speeding water bed.

And before you bring it up, those things are not "safety tests" -- those are CRASH tests. They study what happens assuming the crash is already happening. "Safety" means you don't crash in the first place, because you can get out of it.

Refer to the number of additional serious injuries and deaths that can be attributed to the CAFE STANDARDS.....The number was more than 300,000 back in 2010.

Soooooo do you just go to the gas pump, run your card and then spray it all over the ground, because fuck it?

Getting less out of what you pay for is just fucking stupid. Why the fuck would you just throw money away?

Giving up safety and convenience for the sake of a few more miles per gallon is also stupid...don't believe me?....just ask the idiot in a prius who pulled out in front of a Ram 2500 diesel doing 60....oh wait...you can't ask him, or his passenger...they were both pronounced dead at the scene.

I've never given up safety or convenience, not to worry. Well OK I did give up convenience when I bought a car that was too big on a dare. But I can still get 32-35 mpg out of it.

You can't buy the minimal basic intelligence required to not pull out in front of oncoming traffic. But mass does not equal "safe"; it equals mass. And mass is inversely proportional to maneuverability. I've danced through more than a couple of sudden situations that should have resulted in body parts being hosed off the road, without a scratch because my vehicle was nimble enough to avoid it --- something that Ram 2500 or that inverted bathtub laughingly called an "SUV" can never dream of doing, because it will roll over like a speeding water bed.

And before you bring it up, those things are not "safety tests" -- those are CRASH tests. They study what happens assuming the crash is already happening. "Safety" means you don't crash in the first place, because you can get out of it.

But mass does not equal "safe"; it equals mass.

SSDD is a moron, but he's right about this.
CAFE standards resulted in lighter cars and more deaths and injuries.

Well, if you take a header with a F-450 while driving a VW Golf, you are going to lose. However, that Golf has a far better chance of driving out of a bad situation than does an F-450. And many of the cars today have a much better system of passenger protection than the cars of my youth did.

/---- My guess at this tragic story is that the Prius driver was unfamiliar with the car's performance or maybe forgot the car has no pick up. BTW my brother is very conservative and bought a used Prius for $20k with low mileage. For some reason you Libtards think we don't like saving money nor embrace technology.

So why isn't Florida under water by now? GW alarmists said it would be, back in the day. Why isn't the trend always above zero, which is the average temperature departure over the past 35 or so years? There's no evidence here that the alarmists predictions are even close to accurate, so why should we be pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into high speed rail and loaning or giving our tax dollars to companies who are not financially sustainable? Why does it have to be so expensive, are there no cheaper ways to combat GW?

So why aren't we cooked yet said one crab to another. You're complexion's a bit ruddy but you're not cooked yet and neither am I. And these bubbles, seen em before sometimes in the surf. Its a bit warm and there seems be more bubbles than I remember but theres no cause for harm. larm .... farm.... It is getting warm. Are you still air? My mind's ... my mind.... goodbye dear fiend.... french..... It Damn Hoot. ... hut

All else being equal, lighter cars would result in greater injuries and fatalities. But all has not been equal. Accidents, injuries and fatalities are DOWN from a number of developments, not the least of which is that lighter cars can maneuver and brake faster than heavy cars. A world filled with light cars is significantly safer {the car that strikes you will have less momentum) than a world filled with all heavy cars or with a mixture of car masses.

Last edited:

All else being equal, lighter cars would result in greater injuries and fatalities. But all has not been equal. Accidents, injuries and fatalities are DOWN from a number of developments, not the least of which is that lighter cars can maneuver and brake faster than heavy cars. A world filled with light cars is significantly safer {the car that strikes you will have less momentum) than a world filled with all heavy cars or with a mixture of car masses.

A world filled with light cars is significantly safer

All you need to do is remove all the heavy cars and all the trucks.
I'll wait.
In the meantime, kill the CAFE standards.

This idiotic reduction in weight to gain a few tenths of MPG is moronic.

Forum List

Back