Where's the outrage?

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Washington Post
March 16, 2006
Pg. 16

World In Brief

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Canadian troops opened fire on a taxi that ran through a police checkpoint and came too close to their patrol in southern Afghanistan, killing one person in the vehicle, the Canadian military said.

Why hasn't the MSM called for investigations? Why hasn't the anit- war crowd started screaming about poor training, the unjust war, etc? Where are all the Canadians who were so quick to judge US soldiers? Where are all the cries for a war crimes trial for the murdering Canadian soldiers?
Where are all the calls for withdrawal of Canadian troops from Ahghanistan?
Where is all the European condemnation of the Canadian government?

*sheesh*

CSM said:
Washington Post
March 16, 2006
Pg. 16

World In Brief

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Canadian troops opened fire on a taxi that ran through a police checkpoint and came too close to their patrol in southern Afghanistan, killing one person in the vehicle, the Canadian military said.

Why hasn't the MSM called for investigations? Why hasn't the anit- war crowd started screaming about poor training, the unjust war, etc? Where are all the Canadians who were so quick to judge US soldiers? Where are all the cries for a war crimes trial for the murdering Canadian soldiers?
Where are all the calls for withdrawal of Canadian troops from Ahghanistan?
Where is all the European condemnation of the Canadian government?

*sheesh*

It's early yet. Apparently most of the country is against the entire operation in Afghanistan - or at least 50% according to recent polls. The left is still waking up to the fact that it's NOT a peacekeeping mission. Give it time.

Right now, there is a debate over having a debate in parliament no less, about why soldiers are there in the first place. Of course, Harper is poo-pooing the idea, and naturally is accused of acting like a dictator.

Said1 said:
It's early yet. Apparently most of the country is against the entire operation in Afghanistan - or at least 50% according to recent polls. The left is still waking up to the fact that it's NOT a peacekeeping mission. Give it time.

Right now, there is a debate over having a debate in parliament no less, about why soldiers are there in the first place. Of course, Harper is poo-pooing the idea, and naturally is accused of acting like a dictator.

I guess it takes time to build up a good head of steam.

Attachments

• $ist2_397940_canadian_mountie.jpg
    $ist2_397940_canadian_mountie.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 43
Yep. Sucks to be them. Bad reputation all around.

Canadian soldiers defiant in face of growing controversy over Afghan mission
15:17:27 EST Mar 13, 2006
ALEXANDER PANETTA

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (CP) - Canadian soldiers expressed bewilderment, surprise and anger that people back home would question their role in Afghanistan.

Troops interviewed in violence-plagued Kandahar this week were unanimous in support of their mission in the face of growing concerns about Canada's most perilous military deployment in decades.

One described a near-death experience on his first full day in Afghanistan, saying it still gives him nightmares. But the experience hasn't dented his faith in the mission's goals.

Another soldier struggled to contain his anger when told of a recent public-opinion poll that suggested most Canadians opposed the Afghan deployment.

"I'll hold my tongue - but that burns me, really," said Cpl. Pascal Johanny of Shediac, N.B.

"The Canadian public has always approved of Canadian missions - in Bosnia, in Kosovo, always giving their support.

Link

There are also conservatives in Canada. Yep, that's right. People who believe there is good reason to be over inn the Mid east trying to discourage the acts of terrorism.

Canadians are good people in general. They have a slightly more pesimistic view than Americans but our left is learning. For the most part everyone knows in their heart that randon killing is wrong and wants this knid of stuff to stop. Where we get all goofed up is when we debate the mechanism to accomplish this objective.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the lefties would move to Canada and their righties come down here. Sure would solve alot of problems.

Emmett said:
There are also conservatives in Canada. Yep, that's right. People who believe there is good reason to be over inn the Mid east trying to discourage the acts of terrorism.

Canadians are good people in general. They have a slightly more pesimistic view than Americans but our left is learning. For the most part everyone knows in their heart that randon killing is wrong and wants this knid of stuff to stop. Where we get all goofed up is when we debate the mechanism to accomplish this objective.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the lefties would move to Canada and their righties come down here. Sure would solve alot of problems.

I'll agree with you there. I've been to Canada, on my way to Alaska, actually got snowed in at the Yukon. All the Canadians I've met, both in Vancouver and Hanes Junction, have been really nice and polite. Actually in 7th grade my nickname was "canada" I really cant remember why.

Forum List

Back