Where's The Outrage Over The Kill Team Photos?

Yea there is no more credible News Media in this country. It's all about regurgitating Government Talking Points Propaganda at this point. They don't even question the Talking Points anymore. CNN & NBC used to at least pretend to care about dead soldiers. Now they don't even do that. But if an 'R' was in there,i'm sure their coverage would be much different. They Suck. Nuff said.

A UN Building was attacked this morning in Afghanistan and people were beheaded, none of them Americans but still disgusting none the less, I posted a thread on it but beyond that, I don't hear anyone talking about it. Afghanistan is a dead horse.:doubt:

Yup gotta kill those Libyans now. CNN & NBC are obsessed with cheerleading for this. It turns my stomach. Can't even watch that stuff anymore. Six more kids dead in Aghanistan and not a peep out of them. :(

I swear people have forgotten all about Afghanistan Lib, American Soldiers are fighting for their lives in the mountains, valleys and deserts there and we aren't hearing a damn thing anymore, the UN Building attack was the first thing I heard from Afghanistan in a while, besides the Kill Team of course.:(

So let me get this straight: Our Humanitarian Mission in Libya involves killing as many civilians as stand between NATO forces and Ghaddafi.

Yeah man its all about bombing the pants off of Ghaddafi and arming the rebels, no one gives a shit about boring old Afghanistan. I didn't heard a word about the Troops killed until I read some paragraph about it in some article this morning, sad.:(

Yea there is no more credible News Media in this country. It's all about regurgitating Government Talking Points Propaganda at this point. They don't even question the Talking Points anymore. CNN & NBC used to at least pretend to care about dead soldiers. Now they don't even do that. But if an 'R' was in there,i'm sure their coverage would be much different. They Suck. Nuff said.

A UN Building was attacked this morning in Afghanistan and people were beheaded, none of them Americans but still disgusting none the less, I posted a thread on it but beyond that, I don't hear anyone talking about it. Afghanistan is a dead horse.:doubt:

It IS disgusting, but unless it is our soldiers doing it......I will save it to being disgusted about the atrocities of war in general. It is NOT something, thank the gods, I need to be worried about our troops being caught doing.

It's enough that THEY are the bad guys doing bad things. We don't need to be monsters either.

Yup gotta kill those Libyans now. CNN & NBC are obsessed with cheerleading for this. It turns my stomach. Can't even watch that stuff anymore. Six more kids dead in Aghanistan and not a peep out of them. :(

Libya now? Retreating to Libya?

I swear people have forgotten all about Afghanistan Lib, American Soldiers are fighting for their lives in the mountains, valleys and deserts there and we aren't hearing a damn thing anymore, the UN Building attack was the first thing I heard from Afghanistan in a while, besides the Kill Team of course.:(

Oh believe me....I hear about it and think about it a lot. We live near Camp Pendleton and our neighbor and friend is going for his 4th tour, this time as CO of an Apache squadron.

Oh I see, an inst....hummmm, so the 6 brought up on charges are an inst. .....ok , I'll roll wiht that for now, lets try another example, how about Haditha? Any congressman get up on the hill and provide on call vitriol of the alleged perpetrators?Bushs My lai?

are you equating the offenses of the 'crew' at Abu Ghraib with the kill teams?

I agree it may not appear that 'enough' of those charged did time, I agree, but I don't see how that excuses what appears to be disinterested media coverage and level of outrage.

and this matters to the conversation how ( not that I agree with that without reservation really)

sure, you've decided it appears that kill teams don't require the same level of interest or any near as much sunlight or hubub that haditha, abu graib et all was accorded. Haditha had 8 marines 'rampaging in an orgy of death" and abu graib gross abuse of inmates......I think the msm could stretch their legs a bit on this, no?

For instance, I went to amnesty intl's site and searched; ' kill teams Afghanistan', no hits...there was no shortage of angst portrayed by that NGO over haditha.

I went to Human rights watch home page, not even a by-line out of the 8 stories covering asia and central asia, nothing. I searched their site for 'kill teams Afghanistan'
and got this;

Afghanistan : Action Needed to Prevent More Killings
February 20, 2001

thats it...type in abu graib and you get several pages worth of stories and links to other issues regards command and control loss and suspicions of abusive and other nefarious activities etc.

Plus there was the Times magazines ongoing stories, retractions, several if I recall over haditha...

You still dont get it..:confused:

The reason it was SO newsworthy is because Bush and his surrogates defended Abu Garhib, Waterboarding etc.

he defended abu ghraib as in the abuse etc.?

can you link to that please.

what does waterboarding have to do with this ?

There are no Dems in favor of the kill teams or defending what they did. It's no debate on the Kill Teams, that shit is fucked up. What is the news gonna do a two part series with all the experts agreeing that shit is fucked up? :lol:

theres no debate because the coverage is invisible by and large. I just gave you examples and whomever said there were dems defending anything?:eusa_eh:

But if Obama, his administration et al. defends it today, the story will get legs.

when you provide proof that Bush defended abu ghraib I'd be happy to concede the point.....

Oh believe me....I hear about it and think about it a lot. We live near Camp Pendleton and our neighbor and friend is going for his 4th tour, this time as CO of an Apache squadron.

You live in a Military community though and you get to hear alot about things, if you don't live near a base and don't know anyone in the service, you have to rely on the media for your news and thats not always reliable.

Forum List

Back