WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM? Mosque Developer runs rather than talk about that

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM LIBERALS??????????????

Funny that these "innocent mulsims" don't want to talk about that when it comes to the GROUND ZERO MOSQUE.

MYFOXNY.COM - While Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf has dominated headlines about the proposed cultural center and mosque near Ground Zero in lower Manhattan, developer Sharif el-Gamal, 37, is actually the central figure behind the project.

Yet just a few years ago, el-Gamal was waiting tables in some fancy Manhattan restaurants.

Naturally, we wanted to talk to Sharif el-Gamal to learn more about the man and his plans, but apparently he didn't want to meet us. We made repeated requests for a sit down interview with him, left him multiple voice mail messages and he never returned any of our calls. We even went to his office and talked to colleagues, but we were turned away. He left us with no choice: We had to go find him.

"I was pretty much in shock when I saw him on the news as the developer," the associate said. "What I can say about Sharif is nothing good.
He said el-Gamal liked living in the fast lane, meeting celebrities in the restaurants were he worked, and partying with them at nightclubs.
"Very persuasive, master manipulator," he said of el-Gamal.

Today, el-Gamal's holdings included at least four buildings in Manhattan, including the site near Ground Zero, one in Chelsea, and two residential buildings in Washington Heights, where tenants seem to like him.
Records show el-Gamal bought the Washington Heights properties in 2007 for a little less than $3 million each.
Ken Brandman, president of N.Y. Commercial Real Estate Services, knows el-Gamal well. He, too, was a bit surprised to hear el-Gamal is the developer in the mosque near Ground Zero.
"I don't think he has a lot of money," Brandman said. "I'm sure he didn't buy it with his own money."
Soho Properties bought the site for the mosque for $4.8 million in cash. Just four months later, with Manhattan's real estate market collapsed, el-Gamal made an even bigger deal.
With credit super tight, and prices plummeting, he paid $45 million for a 12-story commercial building in Chelsea that sold three years earlier for $31 million.

"It seems like a lot of pay in a downturn, considering it went for considerably less during the boom," said Stuart Elliott, the editor of Real Deal magazine.

El-Gamal, the waiter turned mogul, plunked down another $5 million as down payment on the Chelsea building.
"Something's up with that deal," Ken Brandman said. "Unless someone gave him a lot of money, or he won the lottery, than somebody else put up the money."

Fox 5 News has learned that el-Gamal did have help from a man named Hisham Elzanaty. Mortgage documents show that Elzanaty is the guarantor on the $39 million loan el-Gamal's company secured to buy the building.

El-Gamal is an American Muslim reportedly born to a Polish mother and an Egyptian father. He was raised in Brooklyn.

Video report also here: No Answers from Mosque Developer

FOLLOW THE MONEY, it will always tell you what's really going on.

Despite all this BS from liberals about "innocent muslims" there is a lot these people don't want us to examine too closely.

As I have been saying for days, WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM?

It's pretty obvious when you examine their reticence to discuss the money, that building "religious tolerance" is not what is on their minds.

And remember as I have already posted:

Islamic Center Backers Won't Rule Out Taking Funds from Saudi Arabia, Iran

The developers behind the Islamic center planned for a site near Ground Zero won't rule out accepting financing from the Mideast -- including from Saudi Arabia and Iran -- as they begin searching for $100 million needed to build the project.

The religious organization and the development company behind the center declined to say how much of the $100 million needed to build the facility has already been raised.

Islamic Center Backers Won't Rule Out Taking Funds from Saudi Arabia, Iran - ABC News

Forum List

Back