Where's the Alvin Greene thread?

Is he actually illiterate? I thought he was a veteran.
But how he managed to swing the filing fee is interesting.

The guy that started let it die when he couldn't get past the idea that it made Republicans look smart by sticking the dumbest guy in America in the primary, then let him sit around, not spend a dime, not do any campaigning, and not have a web site, and he still beat their guy by 30,00 votes. Democrats are going to crushed in November if this is the best they can do against plants like this.

The GOP plant idea is only a theory. But I am sure the Democrats will investigate where he got the $10,000 filing fee. I still don't understand how the SC Dems could miss this whole mess. I bet they are steaming and they should be embarassed.

Alvin still has a good shot at winning the Senate seat. It has good pay $174,000/yr and legendary benefits, so IMHO he won one election because he was a minority, and has just as good a shot at winning the senate seat. No one will get him to drop out. The upside is simply too good to be true. He's actually just as qualified as the other senators. The debates should be televised. I'd love to see him debate the issues.

I still don't understand how the SC Dems could miss this whole mess. I bet they are steaming and they should be embarassed.

Not really... It just seems like nobody gives a damn. Even the "real" democratic candidate didn't bother campaigning at all either. It doesn't really make any sense to spend any money or energy on it, because DeMint is virtually undefeatable.

Alvin still has a good shot at winning the Senate seat. It has good pay $174,000/yr and legendary benefits, so IMHO he won one election because he was a minority, and has just as good a shot at winning the senate seat. No one will get him to drop out. The upside is simply too good to be true. He's actually just as qualified as the other senators. The debates should be televised. I'd love to see him debate the issues.

Not anymore.

From the Alvin Greene Wiki site:
Alvin Greene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greene describes himself as a "moderate Democrat." His campaign slogan is "Let's get South Carolina back to work." Greene favors measures to lower the price of gas and supports offshore drilling (gasp!). He supports a united Korea under a democratic system of government. He would let the Bush tax cuts expire and supports reform of the financial industry. Greene supports job creation and would increase highway construction projects and pursue alternative energy sources. He has also called for better school facilities and pay raises for teachers. When asked about free trade, Greene said that he has to look into the issue further before taking a position. On the subject of firearms, Greene said he supports the Constitution (Oh no!). Greene favors winding down the wars the Middle East and "using that money for domestic programs, such as job creation, education, and Social Security.
Perhaps Mr Green isn't hard left enough for the Dem Overlords? Supporting off shore drilling and gun ownership rights isn't compatible with the current group of Liberals in Congress is it? That's probably the reason The Dem Masters are trying to smear him by calling him a "plant".

Let's Stay Together.

Though his victory has baffled many, several explanations have been offered. Some observers, including State Representative Bakari Sellers have stated that the fact that his name appeared above Vic Rawl may have caused voters who were unfamiliar with either candidate to vote for Greene. South Carolina State Senator Ford claimed that the surname "Greene" is common among African Americans, and suggested that fact may have caused African American voters to identify with him. There has also been speculation that voters may have confused the candidate with soul singer Al Greene.
So Black voters, who voted for 95% for Obama, saw both names and thought "Which one's the Black guy? Greene is probably a Brother, I'll vote for him".

I still can't figger out why the Dems would have a REAL problem with this guy. He looks like the typical Liberal or Moderate Democrat.

Greene describes himself as a "moderate Democrat." His campaign slogan is "Let's get South Carolina back to work." Greene favors measures to lower the price of gas and supports offshore drilling (gasp!). He supports a united Korea under a democratic system of government. He would let the Bush tax cuts expire and supports reform of the financial industry. Greene supports job creation and would increase highway construction projects and pursue alternative energy sources. He has also called for better school facilities and pay raises for teachers. When asked about free trade, Greene said that he has to look into the issue further before taking a position. On the subject of firearms, Greene said he supports the Constitution (Oh no!). Greene favors winding down the wars the Middle East and "using that money for domestic programs, such as job creation, education, and Social Security.
Perhaps Mr Green isn't hard left enough for the Dem Overlords? Supporting off shore drilling and gun ownership rights isn't compatible with the current group of Liberals in Congress is it? That's probably the reason The Dem Masters are trying to smear him by calling him a "plant".

Let's Stay Together.

Though his victory has baffled many, several explanations have been offered. Some observers, including State Representative Bakari Sellers have stated that the fact that his name appeared above Vic Rawl may have caused voters who were unfamiliar with either candidate to vote for Greene. South Carolina State Senator Ford claimed that the surname "Greene" is common among African Americans, and suggested that fact may have caused African American voters to identify with him. There has also been speculation that voters may have confused the candidate with soul singer Al Greene.
So Black voters, who voted for 95% for Obama, saw both names and thought "Which one's the Black guy? Greene is probably a Brother, I'll vote for him".

I still can't figger out why the Dems would have a REAL problem with this guy. He looks like the typical Liberal or Moderate Democrat.

Yes he does seem like a " typical Liberal or Moderate Democrat". He supports lots of stuff but hasn't a single idea of how to pay for it without borrowing.

This shits just too funny for words. An illiterate black candidate for senate winning the democratic primary and believed to be a republican plant.

Why aren't you guys talking about this?

South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Sena... - Google News

And you think he's illiterate because????

Well, Democatic State Senator Todd Rutherford interviewed Greene and said he was.

Lawmaker questions mental health of S.C. candidate

I added the bolding and underlines.

Sellers said Greene "looked long and hard at how African Americans and South Carolinians will be portrayed" around the country, but said he would remain a candidate. The election results become official at 3 p.m. on Thursday.

Both Rutherford and Sellers said they wanted to meet Greene out of "genuine concern" for his well-being, after his out-of-nowhere victory over Vic Rawl in Tuesday's Democratic primary attracted a flood of national attention.

"I feel like he is being exploited, like there is a joke going and he doesn't get it," said Rutherford, who did not press Greene to drop his bid. "It is troublesome at best. I think his mental capacity may prohibit him from getting the joke."

He said Greene should undergo "some sort of mental evaluation" if he is to continue in the campaign. If it turns out he is mentally impaired, Rutherford said, "we are all in on this exploitation of someone that is vulnerable."

And another link:

FOXNews.com - South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Senate Candidate's 'Mental Status'

Immie

Last edited:

Let's Stay Together.

You keep laughing and don't stop when the SC GOP is found to be the source of the $10,000 filing fee. That is going to be very funny.

This shits just too funny for words. An illiterate black candidate for senate winning the democratic primary and believed to be a republican plant.

Why aren't you guys talking about this?

South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Sena... - Google News

Well, Democatic State Senator Todd Rutherford interviewed Greene and said he was.

Sellers said Greene "looked long and hard at how African Americans and South Carolinians will be portrayed" around the country, but said he would remain a candidate. The election results become official at 3 p.m. on Thursday.

Both Rutherford and Sellers said they wanted to meet Greene out of "genuine concern" for his well-being, after his out-of-nowhere victory over Vic Rawl in Tuesday's Democratic primary attracted a flood of national attention.

"I feel like he is being exploited, like there is a joke going and he doesn't get it," said Rutherford, who did not press Greene to drop his bid. "It is troublesome at best. I think his mental capacity may prohibit him from getting the joke."

He said Greene should undergo "some sort of mental evaluation" if he is to continue in the campaign. If it turns out he is mentally impaired, Rutherford said, "we are all in on this exploitation of someone that is vulnerable."

And another link:

FOXNews.com - South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Senate Candidate's 'Mental Status'

Immie

Carzy and illiterate are two very different things. You should know that....:lol:

And another link:

Immie

Carzy and illiterate are two very different things. You should know that....:lol:

Why... which one are you insinuating that I fit into? :lol:

Actually, I think, if you read the second link, I read it yesterday, you will see where Rutherford indicated that Mr. Greene was darn near illiterate.

Immie

Forum List

Back