Where's My Pizza?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Big D, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody that owns a bussiness does not care who or what color a person is to sell them their product. I am sure the owner of a pizza place wants to sell as many pizza's as possible, and would not care what color the people buying them are.

Even though I want to sell pizza's, I don't want to see people getting hurt delivering them. If I know there is a better chance of my employes getting robbed, beaten, even killed by delivering to a certain area of a city, should I have the right to refuse to deliver there?

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles/99/crime-costs.htm

If you owned this pizza place, what would you do?

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    The owners of the pizza places should reserve the right to deliver to whatever areas they consider safe, and not deliver in areas deemed unsafe.

I would just answer the phone with caller ID and if the person is within an area that is crime ridden - just say "we are out of that" to anything and everything they order.

3. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tigers...pizzas...whats next???? I am proud of you Big D....you know why...

4. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jimnyc,
    Your not thinking like a bussiness man, you still want to sell pizza's, right?
    What I would do is go on forums like this one and find people like Bully to deliver the pizza's. Knowing that people like Bully have no pre-judgement intelligence, they will deliver the pizza's without question. If Bully did complain about delivering pizza's to a neighborhood, I would simply call him a "racist" and that would force him to deliver the pizza.

And when Bully does not come back after a delivery, there allways people like Wonderwench or Jon_ forward to fill his shoes.

5. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i wouldnt let one of my employees go into harms way,... well maybe my ex wife. if that meant loosing some customers, so be it. if they want a pizza that bad they can come to my store and get it.
    we have this kid at school here that used to deliver pizza, one night he got mugged, beat almost to death, stuck into the trunk of his car and was driven to some place in MO. he still has some fucked up scars on his melon from it.

6. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Big D, I am a business man. there are ways to do business in shady/blighted areas safely at all hours of the day or night. pizza delivery is right up there with gas station attendent and farming as most dangerous occupations. also cabbys... and as for me working for you.HAHAHA not a chance in hell.. you wouldnt be in business very long anyway, once you views were known people wouldnt spend there money with you...no matter what you sold

7. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    No way. Stay away from black areas. Everyone knows this, including blacks! Seriously, black cabbies won't pick up black men. Humans of all colors calculate risks pretty well. Whaddya know.

8. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that you have been the only one so far who did not or could not answer the question.

If you owned this pizza place, what would you do?

It is a bitter fact of life that black males in America commit crimes of violence far out of proportion to their numbers. They account for more than 40 percent of those arrested for violent crimes and 56 percent of those arrested for murder. Thirteen percent of black men are convicted felons. In many cities, the percentage is much higher. In Washington, D.C.—a city with a black mayor, a majority-black police force, and a great sensitivity to racism—the likelihood that a young black male will be arrested before his 35th birthday is 70 percent.

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life," lamented Jesse Jackson in 1993, "than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery—then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

9. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In the U.S., we have a concept called freedom of association. A business owner should be able to decide whom he wants and doesn't want for customers.

10. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    If people want to force business to do business in high crime areas, perhaps they should lobby their congressmen/women to pass laws allowing cabbies, pizza deliverers, etc. to carry weapons.

Works for the cops. Why shouldn't these people be allowed to protect themselves if someone's going to force them to do things that are dangerous.