Where's Global Warming

I'm just finishing "Collapse" by Jared Diamond. Don't give me any crap about global climate change. It's real and I'm seeing it myself, I only have to look around me and over the border in Victoria. I'm not even going to vote Labor any longer, it's off to the Greens with me. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a closed mind on the issue, sorry, but it's a constructive form of close-mindedness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_(book)

No such thing.

:lol: There is now :D

I'm just finishing "Collapse" by Jared Diamond. Don't give me any crap about global climate change. It's real and I'm seeing it myself, I only have to look around me and over the border in Victoria. I'm not even going to vote Labor any longer, it's off to the Greens with me. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a closed mind on the issue, sorry, but it's a constructive form of close-mindedness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_(book)

Read that book a couple of years ago. A real eye opener. The relationship of environmental degradation and societal collapse is well documented. Here is an online book, for free, that outlines a danger that we face at present. The author was a post grad student, I think that he has since recieved his advanced degree;

Methane catastrophe

Science is reported in peer reviewed scientific journals. Videos are done by anyone, with zero review.

Not all science is reviewed ... and all the science you have posted is also in video form. Thus by your thinking even your own science is inaccurate because it's in video format as well.

You cannot deny one videos authenticity without denying all yours. Go on, don't fear the reaper.

Been through this already, but I'm up to getting another convert.

Kitten, where the hell do you get that? Virtually all my posts refer to articles. Some peer reviewed, some in regular news channels.

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great book, isn't it?

Tragedies of the commons over and over again.

One warning though...about the Greens?

I have no idea if the greens of canada are as goofy as the greens of the USA, but if they are, they're not the team to ally yourself with.

I find that mostly that party is run by well heel scions who are more interested in preserving their precious parks than they are in helping the people.

Few of the Greens leadership ever had to work for a living, I've noted.

Kitten after what he did to his own poll on the other thread...don't even bother with him. The boy has no integrity

Sorry asshole, but when an administrator edits my poll for me without asking me or even telling me about it - I think I have a right to then edit my OWN poll.

Not like that asshole...like I said you have no integrity...I bet you learned that from your LSU

Sorry, LSU's too busy turning out NFL players to worry about your feelings.

Why do you think that videos about science are any less valid? As I said, your own scientists have posted on Youtube, many even have shows on Discovery, of which many clips exist on Youtube. Just watch the clips ... you have nothing to lose but 30 minutes ...

... I know, it's because you want it only in text so you can just skin and look for catch phrases since that's all you seem to understand, like the catch phrase "Global Warming", advertising slogans. Well don't worry, those are in there to. Go on ... take a chance for once.

Because I'd really rather just read the scientific articles you claim are referenced in the videos, that's where all the actual science is. Which articles are those, and why do you steadfastly refuse to tell me where I can read them? Do they not exist?

I feel like a drug dealer right now ... is that it ... are you afraid you might get hooked on the new source of information, are you afraid that by giving in to watching one video you may be tainted? Stop being a chicken shit, or stop replying to me because I won't.

Please, just one reference to a scientific paper which supports your claim, that is all I ask.

Thank you.

Okay ... to sum up why people are avoiding the videos:

It's not broadcast by the (as we all know) rating driven media, therefore there is no facts. That's just ignorance.

It's on Youtube so it can't possibly contain fact ... when all their "facts" are also on videos there.

Any source that actually gives equal time for both sides of an argument is of no interest to them ... sucks to be such huge bigots doesn't it?

Hey now Biran, I am beating a dead fish here.

LOL ... anyway, let's just drop this Texas debate, I didn't mean it as a negative, it is dryer compared to Western Washington, but not compare to Eastern Washington, my choice of descriptive was a wise crack not an attack.

Oh I know...I didn 't take it as one. I really believed that you were misinformed. LOL. Sorry. I must not have caught the sarcasm. We can drop it. :)

It's not broadcast by the (as we all know) rating driven media, therefore there is no facts. That's just ignorance.

It's on Youtube so it can't possibly contain fact ... when all their "facts" are also on videos there.

Any source that actually gives equal time for both sides of an argument is of no interest to them ... sucks to be such huge bigots doesn't it?

If you've got a reference to a peer reviewed article in any scientific journal - such as Nature, journal of climate and applied meteorology, journal of atmospheric science, etc. - that supports your view - I'd love to see it and read it. until then, please stop wasting our time.

If you've got a reference to a peer reviewed article in any scientific journal - such as Nature, journal of climate and applied meteorology, journal of atmospheric science, etc. - that supports your view - I'd love to see it and read it. until then, please stop wasting our time.

Ooops, okay, I was wrong, you only trust the "science" used by the ratings seeking, sensationalist media outlets ... my bad.

Ooops, okay, I was wrong, you only trust the "science" used by the ratings seeking, sensationalist media outlets ... my bad.

LOL ... this cycle again. Just admit that you are a bigot and move on ... because bigots like you can't win. Either that or take a chance and watch the vids.

Though I suspect you have watched them, but since you cannot deny any of the evidence they demonstrate you are lying about it.

LOL ... this cycle again. Just admit that you are a bigot and move on ... because bigots like you can't win. Either that or take a chance and watch the vids.

Though I suspect you have watched them, but since you cannot deny any of the evidence they demonstrate you are lying about it.

If you've got a reference to a peer reviewed article in any scientific journal that supports your view - I'd love to see it and read it. until then, please stop wasting our time.

If you've got a reference to a peer reviewed article in any scientific journal that supports your view - I'd love to see it and read it. until then, please stop wasting our time.

*yawn* Your "peer reviewed" stuff, who are the "peers", the people you think are actually worth listening to? Nope, sorry, you probably don't even know what that label means, which is the sad fact. Still, why do you fear the clips ... does facing any facts contradicting your limited view of the world make your eyes bleed? Are you afraid you'll get cancer from just watching it? Or do you think people can actually catch some strange cyber-virus by watching online media? Seriously, I want to know, why are you so afraid to just click play on the vids?

Forum List

Back