Where Would You Relocate for a Job?

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Prashant Gopal, BusinessWeek.com
Nov 25th, 2008

Imagine you were offered a dream job that required you to relocate to your favorite city. Which city would it be? And why?

If you're like most Americans, you might select New York, San Diego, or San Francisco, according to a soon-to-be released survey of 2,500 employees and entrepreneurs across the nation by the Human Capital Institute, a Washington-based think tank and professional association largely made up of human resources professionals.

As the economy softens, this becomes more of a pressing issue because many Americans will find that they may be forced to relocate to find work. But even though some workers may not have the luxury of choice, some cities remain more desirable than others.

Favorite, Least Favorite? New York, New York
more ...Where Would You Relocate for a Job? - Yahoo! Real Estate

I can't imagine moving out of New York City. ex-New Yorkers I know complain about the lack of excitement in other cities. I've been to other big cities like Boston, Philly, D.C. and they don't compare.

I love being in NY....

Maybe I could live with Philly or Boston or D.C. Doubt if I would like it anywhere else. Now, if you told me I could have a vacation home elsewhere, that would be nice.

I love being in NY....

Maybe I could live with Philly or Boston or D.C. Doubt if I would like it anywhere else. Now, if you told me I could have a vacation home elsewhere, that would be nice.
Lawyers can't afford vacation homes?

I'm pretty happy where I'm at in Florida... now if I can just find a job!

If I don't turn anything up here, I'll head south 1 1/2 hours and pick up something in Ft. Lauderdale.

-Joe

The wife and I relocated from southern california to a nice job in D.C. and now a nicer job in PA. Military service prepares you for changes like this so they seem less stressful and traumatic.

I don't know why, but I always imagine you living in Stuyvesant Town, jillian.

Forum List

Back