Where would you invest now?

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
There are some good minds on this board (and one anal person that I will ignore as much as possible). The question is, if you were looking to invest $10,000 right now, where would you place it? I would put in the limiting terms "minimal risk" and "half a year duration." If you want to use other limiting terms state up front what you are offering.

There are people on the board every day who are looking for potential good investment ideas. Do you have one or two for the readers (many of whom are not posters.)

Is anybody brave enough to offer a suggestion?

I like bio-tech companies with healthy financials right now.

There's the obvious big caps, but I'm invested in a small cap company called BioElectronics (ticker BIEL).

They have a product that is revolutionary, they make a pain relief patch that utilizes the technology called Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequencies, or PEMF for short. The technology has been around for decades, but until BIEL developed this technology in a small attachable patch, you had to physically go into the hospital and be hooked up to a large machine. They have the patent on the product, and have received clearance to market OTC in Canada and other countries, with an FDA OTC clearance request that will be decided in the next month or two. The FDA has approved every single device from bio-tech companies so far this year, and there's no reason to expect anything different with BIEL.

They have a patch for joint and muscle pain, menstrual pain, among others. Each patch costs $39.99, and you get 720 hours of use out of one. This product could literally replace the need for pain relief drugs. A big plus is the recent warnings the FDA has given about acetaminophin. People who pop Tylenol all day for pain can use this patch instead. Clinical trials have shown high efficacy, and zero side effects. We ordered one for the hell of it since I'm invested with the company, and my girlfriend thinks it's great. It reduces swelling and inflamation by actually repairing the affected cells.

When the FDA clearance is approved, expect this stock's PPS to jump significantly. Currently it's around .08/share. I have been playing with the micro caps for a couple months now, and been doing pretty well. Some I just flip, and a select few others I am holding long term. BIEL is one of my long terms.

Three of BIEL's peers so far this year have gone from penny stocks to the 1 or 2 dollar range, and BIEL's revenue potential is much higher than those companies.

The Rothschild family is also involved with BIEL, a member of the family recently joined the company as a special advisor to the board, and will be helping them to get financing. The Rothschild family is probably the biggest banking dynasty in the history of the world, they don't get involved with losers.

I've been in this stock since .008/share, and I'm averaged in at around .039. So I'm up about 100%. I've got a few others too, if you'd like.

Don't forget about gold, either.

Thanks Paulie. Good post! I am becoming a fan of yours, even if I would not touch BIEL.

I am still waiting to use SDS or DXD to make a killing in the coming correction, but I just do not know when it will begin.

All the hype of the Obama gang about "the recession is over" will eventually wear thin and people will lose confidence. When that happens, the market will tank again. The only problem is that nobody knows when that will be.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you touch BIEL?

You have to understand, there's a ton of excess liquidity that'a been created, probably more than ever. All that new money is starting to look for a home. The likelihood of a correction at this point is slim. We haven't even really started seeing a significant increase in the money supply. The majority of it is sitting in reserves. The fed claims to have an exit strategy, but when have they ever gotten that right?

You should be betting on inflation, not corrections. There will be another bubble, it's practically inevitable at this point.

Actually I have been investing in Water Distribution (around the world) ETFs, Gold and Natural Gas. Have not decided on anything else yet but depending on China I probably get Coal (they use an ass of coal) and we export alot of it to them. Was with solar before the economy started contracting made money off that too sold it. Now that its lower I am thinking about going back in but want to see how things go first.

I like ETFs better than single stocks I feel safer with them instead of particular stocks

Currently:
Water ETFs-FIW and PHO...have decreased last month but doing well for the last 9+
Gold-just a backup goes up alot then goes down dont depend on it much.
Natural Gas-gone up and has stabilized recently. waiting on a bill going through to help switch Long Haul Rigs and eventually short haul to nat gas engines instead of diesel.

Watching:
Coal-waiting on China
Solar-waiting on USA, and change????

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you touch BIEL?

You have to understand, there's a ton of excess liquidity that'a been created, probably more than ever. All that new money is starting to look for a home. The likelihood of a correction at this point is slim. We haven't even really started seeing a significant increase in the money supply. The majority of it is sitting in reserves. The fed claims to have an exit strategy, but when have they ever gotten that right?

You should be betting on inflation, not corrections. There will be another bubble, it's practically inevitable at this point.

I'm a coward when it comes to pink sheets. And I expect a correction to the market. I put all my funds into DXD and SDS over the past two trading days.

There are some good minds on this board (and one anal person that I will ignore as much as possible). The question is, if you were looking to invest $10,000 right now, where would you place it? I would put in the limiting terms "minimal risk" and "half a year duration." If you want to use other limiting terms state up front what you are offering.

There are people on the board every day who are looking for potential good investment ideas. Do you have one or two for the readers (many of whom are not posters.)

Is anybody brave enough to offer a suggestion?
Just one? :lol:

My answer is: it depends on your time horizon. Personally, I'm a fairly active trader (I'll flip a stock maybe once a week), but I still keep half my risk capital in an index fund and punt with the rest.

If I had the money, I would invest in Hyperion Nuclear reactors. Impossible to have a melt down. About the size of a small shed. One is able to power 20,000 to 30,000 homes. They have been used for decades by students at universities and on ships and have never had an accident.

In the past 6 months I invested mostly in financial (C, FITB) and gold (GLD).

You may think that Citigroup and Fifth Third Bank are not so good choice, but I have my reasons to believe otherwise. For instance, all laws and regulations made up in past year were benefiting banks, therefore they all posted huge quarterly earnings. Some of the largest banks already returned bailout money. Citigroup received $45B of bailout money and still hasn't returned it. If govt wanted them to fail, they would not bail them out, especially not before they return the money, wich they will when they have enough cash reserves to be ready for forclosures in the following two years. In the past six months both, C and FITB prices doubled. Their price is still low (around 15% of their 52wk high) and on the rise.

There is already so many stories about gold so I wont write much. As long governemnt is finincing thru the debt and weakening US dollar, gold is gonna be on the rise. At this moment, price is about idle (give or take daily changes). I already made profits but I am not selling unless I see real signs of recovery.

Who likes to play with oil, check out IEO.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back