Where would you cut federal spending?

Your kids will reap the benefit.

Wow my math is bad. Or time flies, or both! That was 10 years ago (almost 11). My two still at home are 11 and 13. And yes, they have reaped the benefits. There is no substitute for a strong and stable home life for kids. My wife home schooled them for a while (about 4 years). They've been back in school for 3 years now and are excelling.

I know, I'm lucky.

The rate around here is pretty much determined by what the state will pay for child care for the working poor.

Luckily, as a liberal state, we have more than our share of those.

Last edited:
Only federal spending? What a shame. The states aren't doing much better, it seems.

Regardless, if I could get my way, I'd free up:

- $100+ billion that come from corporate subsidies. All of it.
- $250+ billion that comes from defense. That's about 40%. Mostly dismantle military bases, not engage in frivelous warfare, and invest in technology instead of manpower.
- $250+ billion, when possible, that comes from paying interest on the debt.
- $40+ billion that comes from national security. All of it. Defense should be doing that.
- $30+ billion from the Department of Education. Most of it has been wasted on No Child Left Behind, and there are other ways to pay teachers more.
- $11+ billion from Department of Interior. This can be handled elsewhere.
- $10+ billion from Department of Agriculture. Most of it goes towards subsidies.
- $20+ billion from Housing. Most of it goes towards corrupt activities that don't benefit the poor or urban dwellers.

Other, non-numerical changes:
- I'd abolish the income tax and end corporate personhood and protectionism. The income tax is a frontal assault against people who rely on incomes to make a living by people who rely on investments.
- I'd invest in internet democracy, to avoid the costs incurred from each election cycle.
- I'd make electors' salaries responsible to the electorate. Every appropriate election cycle people fill in the money amount they think the representative deserves. Personally, I'd fill in the minimum wage.
- I'd abolish social security and work in a welfare program for
- The $50-80 billion in tax loopholes would be cleared up.

Last edited:
The first thing I would do is give the president a line Item veto to stop pork Barrel spending, which is usually attached to some other bill to slip it by.

Cut the salaries of "politicians"!

Stop abuse of politicians "expense accounts"!

Abolish abuse of government spending on "Bull$hit", peroid!

Forum List

Back