Where would the race be if Hillary had won?

Where does Obama differ with Hillary? excluding her vote for the iraq resolution, of which biden and kerry and i think even kennedy voted for, who are on the obamaq team...

but really, curious as to how you see Obama as someone different following different roads than Hillary....?

Care

that is a very good question care... I actually don't think Obama and Hillary differ that much, which raises the question, if JS were a Hillary supporter as he claims, then why is he so ANTI-OBAMA now?

In reviewing their records, I actually don't think Hillary and McCain have much in common, however if the perception by most people is the same as JS has, that would've obviously damaged Hillary greatly. couple that with the politics as usual tastics of attacking Obama and then being caught lying about various things and I think it's easy to see why she lost the nomination and ultimately why she would lose the election.

The Republican party didn't get energized by Obama getting the nomination... they needed Palin to do that... however, I firmly believe that had Hillary gotten the nomination that would've been enough to mobilize the base.

Where does Obama differ with Hillary? excluding her vote for the iraq resolution, of which biden and kerry and i think even kennedy voted for, who are on the obamaq team...

but really, curious as to how you see Obama as someone different following different roads than Hillary....?

Care

I always saw Obama's style as different from Hillary's. In broad and general terms, she seems to invite opposition, to me, and he seems to invite cooperation.

I admire her grit tremendously, but the early speeches etc always had her claiming to be a fighter and him claiming that we can all be united.

And, I admit, the idea of 24-28 years of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton, seems generally unhealthy. I like the idea of Hillary '12 better....

And finally, he pulls in the youth vote, into the primaries, which is a healthy inoculation for democracy.

In terms of policy, I like that he weights diplomacy heavier than her.

Last edited:
...snip...
If it were Hillary versus McCain, I wouldn't care who won. They agree on a lot of issues, and they disagree on a few. It's a give-and-take situation for me on what they disagree on, so either way, I'd be happy..

Hillary = McCain and McCain = Hillary ~~~ Somehow I don't think she would be very happy to see people promoting that.

...However, if McCain wins, ...snip... He just wants his turn.

Does everybody get a "turn?" Do we OWE him the job or something? I don't get the "he just wants HIS turn."

Because Obama brainwashed people into thinking he was better for the job. I think a lot of people are regretting that decision.

I hope McCain wins for two reasons: no Obama now, and Hillary runs in 2012. If it were Hillary versus McCain, I wouldn't care who won. They agree on a lot of issues, and they disagree on a few. It's a give-and-take situation for me on what they disagree on, so either way, I'd be happy.

However, if McCain wins, I actually see it being Palin versus Hillary in 2012. I don't think McCain's going to die (I hope not), but I don't see him making a second go of it. He just wants his turn.

Some Demo's have bought into the dreamy ideal of voting in the first black president. Even if the candidate in question is an empty suit with radical ties. Apparently they figure they could just sell that to the rest of us without problem by using white guilt and fake MLK type speeches.

I never have liked McCain due to the fact that he stuck it to the administration at every turn and let the MSM use him as a club whenever possible.

I would have definately voted for Hillary because she is centrist and not a radical with marxist ideas. However, I will never pull the lever for Obama and his merry lot of angry,hateful,anything to win, race baiting robot followers. I will hold my nose and vote for McCain just to get rid of that nightmare Obama and his ilk.

Why was Biden chosen over Hillary? Biden didn't even win any States in the primary. McCain should have chosen Hillary to show that he does reach on the other side of the aisle. Has a Republican and Democrat ever ran on the same ticket before?

Why was Biden chosen over Hillary? Biden didn't even win any States in the primary. McCain should have chosen Hillary to show that he does reach on the other side of the aisle. Has a Republican and Democrat ever ran on the same ticket before?

Not that I know of. I wish we had the old system where VP's didn't run on the tickets. Winner of the election was President, loser is Vice President.

Silence, if you think the Dems will let Obama run again in 2012 if he loses this election, you're insane. They will nominate Hillary faster than Obama can vote present.

I actually don't think Obama and Hillary differ that much, which raises the question, if JS were a Hillary supporter as he claims, then why is he so ANTI-OBAMA now?

That's pretty easy to answer - because I don't trust Obama, I think he's a racist fuck, and I don't believe a word he says. I think he's a pacifist who would let our country be attacked by known enemies, and I don't think he has the experience to make executive decisions.

If the election were McCain v. Hillary, I'd be pretty torn on whom to vote for. I said four years ago I'd vote McCain if he ran (I wanted a McCain/Giuliani ticket). I also said I'd vote for Hillary. If they were against each other, it's be a tough choice, but I would not care who won.

Last edited:
The ticket SHOULD have been Clinton/Obama. I believe Obama is better suited for VP until he gets some experience under his belt, but I still don't like him.

Spot on. And as much as I dislike Biden, a Biden/Obama ticket would have been more palatable.

In a what if scenario, if Hillary had won, she would side with McCain on many issues. If you remember, somewhere in Bill's mid term, he started to become Republican lite, and there was little difference between the two parties. Bob Dole almost caught up to him in the debates. She would have deffinately handed the election to McCain/Palin. A disaster!:eusa_whistle:

In a what if scenario, if Hillary had won, she would side with McCain on many issues. If you remember, somewhere in Bill's mid term, he started to become Republican lite, and there was little difference between the two parties. Bob Dole almost caught up to him in the debates. She would have deffinately handed the election to McCain/Palin. A disaster!:eusa_whistle:

You're an idiot. There's no reason to believe that she wouldn't carry every single one of the states Obama has, plus the states of Missouri, Arkansas, Florida, and Ohio. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded, seriously.

You're an idiot. There's no reason to believe that she wouldn't carry every single one of the states Obama has, plus the states of Missouri, Arkansas, Florida, and Ohio. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded, seriously.

I agree. Obama's chances are about 50/50. Hillary's would have been much higher. Obama has no shot in Florida and little chance in Ohio (cling to anti-trade anyone?)

How would Hillary have matched up with McCain? Would it be close?

Actually it would have come down to the VP pick, just like with McCain vs. Obama. I was originally rooting for McCain until he picked Palin, but her views just worry me over the possible losses of civil rights. Obama was not one I liked until Biden admitted to being capable of making mistakes, thus showing strength. So if Hillary had been running against McCain, I think it would have come down to VP picks as well, who they choose for VP can say a lot about them. Just my 2 cents on this.

in all honesty
(I'm for McCain) I think Hillary would be much further ahead than Obama.
as much as I detest Hillary
She was much more qualified than Obama
Obama? well I liked his first album "Yes We Can" and the follow up "Change"
but then when we got to the Third Album "Biden My Time" and the German Release Of "Change" with the hidden Track on it.
I was getting worried
at this point I have to think anyone who would vote for Obama has never Had a Vacuum cleaner salesman in their home
Hillary at least had some facts, figures, numbers and issues to talk about(ALL WRONG BUT AT LEAST SHE HAD THEM)
Obama is soo full of slogans and gimmicks and worthless rebuttels that he's hard to take seriously at all.

Last edited:
Actually it would have come down to the VP pick, just like with McCain vs. Obama. I was originally rooting for McCain until he picked Palin, but her views just worry me over the possible losses of civil rights. Obama was not one I liked until Biden admitted to being capable of making mistakes, thus showing strength. So if Hillary had been running against McCain, I think it would have come down to VP picks as well, who they choose for VP can say a lot about them. Just my 2 cents on this.

Hillary would have chosen Obama. She is smart enough to know that that ticket would be a landslide victory, apparently Obama's not.

Still, I don't think Hillary v. McCain would be a close election. She had a lot of favoritism in the swing states McCain is barely winning.

True, but as I said, the VP picks can change a lot of who will vote for who. If it was Hillary/Biden I would side with them hands down, no questions. I like how she .... I mean her husband ... ran the white house, not perfect but better than most. Biden is just honest, and I find that a more importan quality as do a lot of people I have spoken with. Good VP pick, just wish it was with someone other than Obama. Now if McCain had picked Biden (I know not a likely possibility) it would have been harder to choose between McCain and Hillary. I don't think a Hillary/Obama ticket would have been as strong as most think though, most moderates are hard to sell and Obama plays the crowd a lot like a dictator I care not to mention. Regardless of what he says he wants, the resemblance in speech styles is scary.

True, but as I said, the VP picks can change a lot of who will vote for who. If it was Hillary/Biden I would side with them hands down, no questions. I like how she .... I mean her husband ... ran the white house, not perfect but better than most. Biden is just honest, and I find that a more importan quality as do a lot of people I have spoken with. Good VP pick, just wish it was with someone other than Obama. Now if McCain had picked Biden (I know not a likely possibility) it would have been harder to choose between McCain and Hillary. I don't think a Hillary/Obama ticket would have been as strong as most think though, most moderates are hard to sell and Obama plays the crowd a lot like a dictator I care not to mention. Regardless of what he says he wants, the resemblance in speech styles is scary.

A Hillary/Obama ticket would have been insta-win. Women and blacks would flock to that ticket, the Democrats would have the invigoration that the Republicans are now enjoying.

Are you saying Germans were moved by good speeches, too?

Hillary would have chosen Obama. She is smart enough to know that that ticket would be a landslide victory, apparently Obama's not.

Still, I don't think Hillary v. McCain would be a close election. She had a lot of favoritism in the swing states McCain is barely winning.

I don't think Obama could bear the thought of Bill Clinton breathing down his neck for eight years.

Forum List

Back