Where would the race be if Hillary had won?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
How would Hillary have matched up with McCain? Would it be close?

Not at all. Hillary would be winning the same states Obama is winning, plus Ohio, Florida, Missouri, and Arkansas.

And Virginia and Indiana would probably be leaning blue, also.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I agree. I can't understand why the democrats didn't nominate her.

I agree. I can't understand why the democrats didn't nominate her.

Because Obama brainwashed people into thinking he was better for the job. I think a lot of people are regretting that decision.

I hope McCain wins for two reasons: no Obama now, and Hillary runs in 2012. If it were Hillary versus McCain, I wouldn't care who won. They agree on a lot of issues, and they disagree on a few. It's a give-and-take situation for me on what they disagree on, so either way, I'd be happy.

However, if McCain wins, I actually see it being Palin versus Hillary in 2012. I don't think McCain's going to die (I hope not), but I don't see him making a second go of it. He just wants his turn.

It's all fucked up right now because Clinton had better appeal nationally with republicans and independents in purple states, whereas Obama appealed more to registered Democrats. I believe just over half of the Democrats held Clinton's war vote against her and were turned off by her excessive pandering. Democrats are usually more emotional than they are head strong when deciding on their candidates.

The big fuck up wasn't electing Obama over Clinton though. It was Obama picking Joe Biden over Clinton for veep. If Clinton were Obama's running mate, I bet you this race would be close to over.

It's all fucked up right now because Clinton had better appeal nationally with republicans and independents in purple states, whereas Obama appealed more to registered Democrats. I believe just over half of the Democrats held Clinton's war vote against her and were turned off by her excessive pandering. Democrats are usually more emotional than they are head strong when deciding on their candidates.

The big fuck up wasn't electing Obama over Clinton though. It was Obama picking Joe Biden over Clinton for veep. If Clinton were Obama's running mate, I bet you this race would be close to over.

The ticket SHOULD have been Clinton/Obama. I believe Obama is better suited for VP until he gets some experience under his belt, but I still don't like him.

Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton would be winning more than just the states I mentioned above...they could even pull in some of the South (other than Arkansas).

• Banned

Obama didn't want the Clintons trying to control his presidency. I don't think any two people despise each other the way Bill and Barry do.

How would Hillary have matched up with McCain? Would it be close?

If Hillary had won the primary, the money behind both political parties wouldn't be scrambling to make McCain electable. As with other recent elections, the corporate owners of both parties wouldn't care who won. We would most likely be seeing Leiberman on the republican ticket, and most of us would still have never heard of Sarah Palin. Another boring, who-gives-a-crap 'cause they're all owned by the same corporations American election.

-Joe

Last edited:
I think she carried too much baggage.

I know far too many Democrats who would not vote for her.

Oh, they would not have voted Republican, they just would have stayed home.

I can't fully explain why she isn't well liked, but that's fairly obvious to me.

all depends on what angle you are looking through the glass on....

people say Hillary was hated but guess what, so is Obama by some....

I think personal fears and dislikes should have been set aside for OUR COUNTRY and Obama should have picked Hillary instead of Biden and the election would have been in the bag for Democrats.

I'd near kill for a Bill Clinton in this financial crisis right now and I think Hillary is smarter than most with financial issues....

everything that Obama camp did not like about hillary, obama has flipped flop on and taken her stance on....all the reasons he could not put her in the vp slot, Biden carried too, yet he was picked? people on the obama side say that hillary was mean to obama but guess what obama camp was relentless and downright cruel to hillary and president clinton imo, so even steven but noooooo, obama campers can't deal...

The whole thing is just arrogance in my opinion....

now we got a fairly strong movement of independent Blacks that NOW do NOT support Obama and feeel he has betrayed them with all of his flip flops, i know a poster on another site that falls in to this category...they won't vote mccain, but they won't vote obama either, many are saying they will just vote mckinney knowing she won't even be in the game...

care

The race would be right where it is now. The conservative echo chamber would just ramp up their criticisms of Hillary, remember how she was hated by them during Bill's presidency, it would be the same.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

If Obama had been smart enough to put Hillary on the ticket, it would be over. They would have been unbeatable. But now we know, he not all that smart is he?

Where would the race be if Huckabee or Romney had gotten nomination?

The way the social conservatives are happy with Palin, i would suppose that the Republicans would be doing okay, with huckabee and because of the financial crisis which we are in I would suppose that Romney could have been useful to the mccain campaign as well, as the business savvy man that could help us understand and weather this storm....?

I agree, these are only "what ifs", including the hillary speculation.

care

Not at all. Hillary would be winning the same states Obama is winning, plus Ohio, Florida, Missouri, and Arkansas.

And Virginia and Indiana would probably be leaning blue, also.

even without those states, Obama is leading 273 to 265 electoral votes according to Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Because Obama brainwashed people into thinking he was better for the job. I think a lot of people are regretting that decision.

:cuckoo: where do you get the idea that people are regret voting for Obama? is that wishful thinking on your part or what? the polls, which don't mean much, would indicate that people are quite happy with Obama. and :lol: @ the brainwashing thing... yes, let's deminish those millions of voters as being too stupid to know what matters to them.

I hope McCain wins for two reasons: no Obama now, and Hillary runs in 2012. If it were Hillary versus McCain, I wouldn't care who won. They agree on a lot of issues, and they disagree on a few. It's a give-and-take situation for me on what they disagree on, so either way, I'd be happy.

I think you inadvertantly just answered the question of why Hillary didn't win the nomination... she and McCain agree on A LOT of the issues!

and I said before in another thread, Hillary won't get near the White House until at least 2016 if she's lucky.

Obama loses this election, he goes back to the Senate, gains more experience and continues championing change and in 2012 he runs again. and gets the nomination again because Hillary's politics and policies won't have changed....and if McCain Palin win, and things don't change, which not many people believe they will, Obama will cake walk right into the nomination and probably the white house...

Obama wins this election and runs as the incumbent Democratic president in 2012 and Hillary wouldn't stand a chance in hell if she decided to challenge him.

However, if McCain wins, I actually see it being Palin versus Hillary in 2012. I don't think McCain's going to die (I hope not), but I don't see him making a second go of it. He just wants his turn.

he just wants his turn? like this is some kind of a game? This isn't little league where everyone gets a turn at bat.

oh and to answer the original question...

If Hillary had gotten to nomination I don't think you'd see the amazing amount of newly registered voters in the Democratic party, I don't think you'd see the excitement and enthusiasim, and I don't think Hillary would be ahead in the polls.

I think we'd be seeing ads reminding the AMerican people of the scandals, both real and made up, that plagued the Clinton administration, white water, travel gate, vincent foster, et al.

The Repubs would the making the case, asking if Americans wanted to go back to that morally bankrupt time in American politics when the PResident and his first lady tried to subvert justice and have their own way. and people would buy it hook, line and sinker...

Last edited:
even without those states, Obama is leading 273 to 265 electoral votes according to Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

:cuckoo: where do you get the idea that people are regret voting for Obama? is that wishful thinking on your part or what? the polls, which don't mean much, would indicate that people are quite happy with Obama. and :lol: @ the brainwashing thing... yes, let's deminish those millions of voters as being too stupid to know what matters to them.

I think you inadvertantly just answered the question of why Hillary didn't win the nomination... she and McCain agree on A LOT of the issues!

and I said before in another thread, Hillary won't get near the White House until at least 2016 if she's lucky.

Obama loses this election, he goes back to the Senate, gains more experience and continues championing change and in 2012 he runs again. and gets the nomination again because Hillary's politics and policies won't have changed....and if McCain Palin win, and things don't change, which not many people believe they will, Obama will cake walk right into the nomination and probably the white house...

Obama wins this election and runs as the incumbent Democratic president in 2012 and Hillary wouldn't stand a chance in hell if she decided to challenge him.

he just wants his turn? like this is some kind of a game? This isn't little league where everyone gets a turn at bat.

Where does Obama differ with Hillary? excluding her vote for the iraq resolution, of which biden and kerry and i think even kennedy voted for, who are on the obamaq team...

but really, curious as to how you see Obama as someone different following different roads than Hillary....?

Care

Forum List

Back