Where were you on 9/11?

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
When the first plane hit I was in Drivers Ed.

Our teacher Mr. Wolfrum had the t.v. on and said "I think you should see this."

I knew right away that it was terrorism.

My friend Nathan whispered to me "armagedon". I doubted that, but knew America will never be the same.

Where were you guys?

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

Originally posted by mattskramer
Check the spelling of the title of the thread (yuo). Who is yuo? I mean no offense - Just being "cute".

Isnt he that asian basketball player?

Ill always remember where i was. I was at school. decided that i needed to get some studying done so i would turn off the computer tv and radio until i did cause i wouldnt miss anything. so i was studying it was about time to go to class and so i went to check my email and everyone was like messaging me and asking me if i had seen it. I was like having no clue and didnt even believe them at first.

Funny think is i dont think i remember anything about the European anthropology i was studying at the time.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Crap! Is there any way to edit the title of a thread, because "yuo" makes me look like an idiot!

That's okay. We are used to it. There is no need to change on our account.

Just kidding.

:)

I remember it as a beautiful clear day, where the NYC skyline could be seen quite clearly from my 10 floor office window in NJ. A co-worker came in and said he had heard a plane went into the tower - could he open my blinds - of course told him go ahead. Meanwhile, knowing both my son and daughter-in-law work in the city (but not knowing their location in proximity to the towers) - I frantically tried calling Jim - no cell connection, no office connection, but was able to page him. In the short time while waiting word from him, I sat and watched the second plane slam into that building! I went through the tortures of hell before I finally got a phone call from Jim saying both he and the wife were safe and secure. I cannot even begin to imagine being one of those who never heard the voice of their loved ones again. My heart goes out to these families daily (and my blinds are kept closed at all times - I can't stand to see that changed skyline).

I was at work. My office is in the basement of a classroom complex. No window, looks a lot like a bunker. The television was out and we were only able to get one channel and that was pretty fuzzy.

The first plane had already hit and we were incredulous. It was not yet being reported as a terrorist attack. We were standing around watching the television when the second plane hit.

I felt absolute outrage. I remember wishing that I controlled the button that would launch our nukes. I would have fried the entire middle east from one end to the other without so much as a single conscience pang.

I remeber i was about to goto class when my GF called me and told me to turn on the TV. She said there was an accident in the WTC and a plane flew into the building. I thought it was unreal that a plane would accidentally fly into the building. Then out of no where comes the 2nd plane and from there it went from unreal to Surreal. I couldnt beleive my eyes. I was glued to the TV for the next 12 hours or so.

On the way to a final gear inspection before a field exercise. We still went to the field, but the focus of effort became NBC response.

I'm on the West Coast, and at the time I had my alarm clock set for the local talk radio station. So I'm in bed, in and out of sleep, debating whether I should get up and turn the radio off or just listen for a while. Anyway, I'm half asleep when Kirby Wilbur (the host) says something about NYC, and he's got someone on the phone. So this guy in NYC is talking about the first tower when the second plane hits, and he starts describing it. I thought I was - quite literally - in the middle of a bad dream. Then as I woke up I realized it was real. So I went into the living room and turned on Fox News, and there it was.

I watched for about 10 minutes, then called my stepmom in Ohio. The first thing I said was "Are you watching TV?" She said no, she was cleaning. I said, "Turn it on - any station - but do it now." She says, "Jeff, you're scaring me, what the hell's going on?" I told her just to turn it on. Talk about surreal.

Then, of course, I tried to get to work on Ft. Lewis. It took me an hour and a half to get through the gates.

And thus began the War on Terrorism.

You know. its amazing how a tragedy like that will always be remembered in your mind. Its a call to arms for this generation. We have been awakened to fight evil in this world.

You know what i think bothers me the most. I think its the fact that before life is over. We will see things that will make 911 look like a day in the park.

Driving down the West Side Highway in NYC. I was sitting in traffic at 56th st when they cut into the radio saying a plane crashed into WTC. It was a beautiful warm clear morning, I turned to my friend who was in the car and said this was no accident we are under attack, it just didn't seem possible that someone could fly into the building. I'll never forget that moment, or anything else from that day. After my fears were confirmed, I was ready to nuke them all too Merlin1047.

I'm as pissed now as I was then.

Til my dying day I will never forget the feelings, fear and sadness that I felt that day.

I was getting dressed for work and I always have my TV on Fox news and bam there it was the tower with the smokey black hole !!
I knew something wasn't right and automatically got my husband up and we watched together in shock . About 5 mins after I got Todd up here was the 2nd dreadful plane ! Needless to say by then I was in tears and I automatically thought of my ENTIRE family ! I wanted to check my kids out of school and just hold them... I was truly scared at that point !! Then came Washington D.C and the plane crash in pennsylvania.. I was devistated... I was over a thousand miles away but my heart felt like I was 2 feet from tragedy..

Needless to say I went on to work and yes I was late.. But on that day it didn't seem important to anyone .. We all sat together glued to the little 13 inch tv all day and cursed people when they wanted to do business on such a day..

God things never change I am still devistated !!

Forum List

Back